My Gift To You Miami Fans

39 replies

124124New MemberOP
May 31, 2009, 12:04 AM

YouTube - Marino vs The Patriots - 94 Season Opener

Don't say the Jet fan didn't ever do anything for ya. :lol:

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
May 31, 2009, 12:10 AM

Man, seeing the #13 on the field in action once again gave me goosebumps. :knucks:

124124New Member
May 31, 2009, 12:12 AM

"In_Flames wrote:

Man, seeing the #13 on the field in action once again gave me goosebumps. :knucks:

Feel you Jason. Whenever I see the 2002 Pennington highlights and think about what could've been if he didn't get hurt three straight years, man, could've been great. Could've been amazing.

I've yet to see a Franchise QB for my team. I've seen glimpses of what a Franchise QB should be (2002 Pennington, 1998 Testaverde) and each time, the QB got hurt the following season and was never the same.

I'm praying Sanchez or Clemens can be the franchise. I'm sick of having a rotating door back there.

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
May 31, 2009, 12:15 AM

"124 wrote:

Feel you Jason. Whenever I see the 2002 Pennington highlights and think about what could've been if he didn't get hurt three straight years, man, could've been great. Could've been amazing.

I've yet to see a Franchise QB for my team. I've seen glimpses of what a Franchise QB should be (2002 Pennington, 1998 Testaverde) and each time, the QB got hurt the following season and was never the same.

I'm praying Sanchez or Clemens can be the franchise. I'm sick of having a rotating door back there.

We know all too well about that unfortunately. I'm loving having Penny out there, always respected the guy and his leadership even as a member of the Jets, I just couldn't hate the guy like other players. As much as I like having him lead our squad, I'm just as curious to see what Henne is made of and if he truly is our long term solution.

124124New Member
May 31, 2009, 12:16 AM

"In_Flames wrote:

We know all too well about that unfortunately. I'm loving having Penny out there, always respected the guy and his leadership even as a member of the Jets, I just couldn't hate the guy like other players. As much as I like having him lead our squad, I'm just as curious to see what Henne is made of.

I think you and some others know my feeling of Henne. Its been well documented what I think of him and his future in the NFL. I'm a Michigan fan when it comes to NCAA, and I can't say I've hated a guy on my team more than I hated Henne. That guy just... ugh. Makes me frusterated just thinking about it. Choke artist to the extreme!

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
May 31, 2009, 12:18 AM

"124 wrote:

I think you and some others know my feeling of Henne. Its been well documented what I think of him and his future in the NFL. I'm a Michigan fan when it comes to NCAA, and I can't say I've hated a guy on my team more than I hated Henne. That guy just... ugh. Makes me frusterated just thinking about it. Choke artist to the extreme!

Yeah, well you aren't the only one out there. I remember those chants for Mallett. I'm just hoping our coaching staff and Penny's presence has helped him become a better all around player. I have faith, and believe he is/will be our answer.

anlgpanlgpNew Member
May 31, 2009, 12:19 AM

"124 wrote:

I think you and some others know my feeling of Henne. Its been well documented what I think of him and his future in the NFL. I'm a Michigan fan when it comes to NCAA, and I can't say I've hated a guy on my team more than I hated Henne. That guy just... ugh. Makes me frusterated just thinking about it. Choke artist to the extreme!

There have been plenty of players who for some reason messed up in college but played well in the NFL. :D

I hope your feelings about Henne are wrong cuz I'd like a solid long term solution at QB.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

124124New Member
May 31, 2009, 12:21 AM

"anlgp wrote:

There have been plenty of players who for some reason messed up in college but played well in the NFL.

Very true. I mean, Lloyd Carr started Drew Henson over Tom Brady. You never know when the player comes from Michigan. We are a strange group. :lol:

But I can't say I ever hated anyone who was at one point a part of one my sports teams more than I hated Henne. The guy had all the talent in the world in himself and around him, and he could never put it together when it mattered most.

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
May 31, 2009, 12:21 AM

I just don't want to go through the whole Beck scenario once again...I won't even go into the QB woes before that.

124124New Member
May 31, 2009, 12:22 AM

"In_Flames wrote:

I just don't want to go through the whole Beck scenario once again...I won't even go into the QB woes before that.

Ray Lucas, FTW.

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
May 31, 2009, 12:24 AM

"124 wrote:

Ray Lucas, FTW.

I just threw up a little, thanks...:pity:

124124New Member
May 31, 2009, 12:33 AM

BTW, this my personal favorite Marino video:

YouTube - Will Ferrell Goodbye Dan Marino

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
May 31, 2009, 12:46 AM

"In_Flames wrote:

I just don't want to go through the whole Beck scenario once again...I won't even go into the QB woes before that.

I dont think that will happen. right now, we have one of the most important assets going for us in the game. stability and direction among our staff and front office. i think the powers that be may remain for quite a while, and it should spell a nice period of success in miami's future. and standing behind a pick like Henne.

i think we could end up being similar to, say the Eagles during Reid's era. Just a solid, tough team year in and year out, with the occasional let downs. the up side...who knows.

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
May 31, 2009, 01:18 AM

The stroll down memory lane was a lot of fun. :lol:

Good luck 124..

You will need it in 2009!

The 2008 AFC East champs will be back.

Jets 4-12. :shifty:

brandon27brandon27Supporter
May 31, 2009, 01:26 AM

That was great... Thanks for those vids 124. I wish Dan could still be on the field for us week after week...


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

XeticusXeticusForum Veteran
May 31, 2009, 05:29 AM

"124 wrote:

Feel you Jason. Whenever I see the 2002 Pennington highlights and think about what could've been if he didn't get hurt three straight years, man, could've been great. Could've been amazing.

I've yet to see a Franchise QB for my team. I've seen glimpses of what a Franchise QB should be (2002 Pennington, 1998 Testaverde) and each time, the QB got hurt the following season and was never the same.

I'm praying Sanchez or Clemens can be the franchise. I'm sick of having a rotating door back there.

You have a good enough offensive line to protect Sanchez?

SICKSICKForum Veteran
May 31, 2009, 08:21 AM

473 yards 5 touch downs....one pick.......ummmm been aloooonnngggg time sense we have seen a stat line like that for a dolphins qb......un-real :pity:

124124New Member
May 31, 2009, 08:24 AM

"Xeticus wrote:

You have a good enough offensive line to protect Sanchez?

Easily. Our line is very good. Favre took some sacks last season because he held onto the ball too long due to his cocky attitude. If Sanchez is the same, no Offensive Line can help that issue. There arn't too many lines who are going to protect you for 9 seconds.

54Fins54FinsForum Veteran
May 31, 2009, 08:31 AM

That was the first game I went to in Miami.
Damn, I still remember how humid it was that day.
What a great game it was.Fryer caught that pass right in front of me too.
Thanks for the memories,124.

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
May 31, 2009, 10:20 AM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

Best.
Player.
Ever.

This is about Dan Marino, not Chris Chambers:wink2:

FIFinsAreLifeNew Member
May 31, 2009, 10:21 AM

I wish i could remember this game but seeing as i was only 3 years old when it happened unfortunatley i can not. Thank you for posting it though.

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
May 31, 2009, 11:30 AM

Dan Marino is my favorite all time football player of all time. And, I've been blessed to see many great ones. Czonka, Montana, and Fran Tarkenton were all faves of mine when I was growing up. But, it was games (and situations) like the one posted by 124 (thanks BTW) that separate Dan from all the rest. The term I like to use is "fire in the belly." Dan had it like no one else. Just seemed like he wanted to win more then he wanted his next breath. The ultimate competitor. Loved watching him play. And, win or lose, there was no one else I'd want with the football in his hands when they game was on the line.

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

muscle979muscle979Forum Veteran
May 31, 2009, 11:48 AM

I remember watching this game live. One of my all time favorites.

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
May 31, 2009, 12:43 PM

"muscle979 wrote:

I remember watching this game live. One of my all time favorites.

I've watched the tape of this so many times, just a awesome game.:up:

SIsiciliansithForum Veteran
May 31, 2009, 03:03 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

Best.
Player.
Ever.

"steveincolorado wrote:

This is about Dan Marino, not Chris Chambers:wink2:

Blasphamy i say :)