1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first serious attempt at a sig

Discussion in 'Graphics Forum' started by Mainge, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    [​IMG]

Thoughts?

Kanye West, Phinperor, Big E and 3 others like this.
  2. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

NOT BAD! For a first attempt, I think you did a great job. Once you get into it heavy, you will start experimenting with blur effects, different blending modes and styles. Your first sig ever though is much better than my first sig ever. :hi5:

Edit: I really like the grungy text. One thing to think about, try to match the text with the ebb and flow of the rest of the sig. Meaning perhaps download some grunge brushes and paint them across the background, keep the colors a dingy tone to keep with that whole theme, etc.

Mainge and GISH like this.
  3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    It has a great style to it. Very good first sig. Some minor suggestions, the trim of the Ronnie pic could be cleaned up a little better, and maybe adjust the contrast of either the background or ronnie to balance it out a bit. Excellent sig though for sure.

Mainge likes this.
  4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    great advice Sam. you've mentioned on some important techniques. ive been experimenting alot with the blending and blurs recently. the options are boundless. i like to make 3 or 4 base layers with their own styles, then create a bunch of different blending combinations. its pretty sweet what the results look like.

Mainge likes this.
  5. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I looks a hell of alot better than my first sig. Nice job :hi5:

One constructive critique is that you (like all of us at the beginning) need to work on your cuts of the player to remove any and all background surrounding him (the black). I personally hate doing cuts so I use a large soft eraser and alot of blending instead of really rolling up my sleeves and getting rid of every last pixel. It takes time and patience and there are other ways to do it as well (pen tool).

But very nice job, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

BTW What program did you use?

Mainge likes this.
  6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    very cool!!! it looks better than mine does! haha

Mainge likes this.
  7. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach