1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my first ever mock draft- please be gentle

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by mason, Mar 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. mason

mason Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    norfolk va
    I had posted this in another thread, but i decided to put it out for a little(or a lot) of constructive criticism.

Jake long- We are rebuilding and rebuilding starts in the trenches. There is great value in OL this year and while C. long or dorsey would be nice here also- J. long gives what could probably be a pro bowl RT with the possibility of a good LT. Either way- the formation of a dominant o-line will take shape that will help out the development of Beck, Ginn, booker, and even ronnie brown. Two sacks in four years is nothing to laugh at.

Dan connor- While a rush end is great to have, and cason may be on the board still- i think Connor would fill a huge void left by ZT.(well, not completely fill, this is Zach we are talking about). connor would help man the ilb with either torbor or crowder and from what i read is a great prospect.

2b. charles godfrey- a good, raw talent at cb that in the first year would be good in nickel. could be very good and is definately a hard hitter.

3. carl nicks- i'm hoping nicks lasts this long so he can be converted to g to fill up the o-line

4. martellius bennett- a huge pass catching tight end with great upside--is raw, but is a good blocker and reciever

6. brian johnston- to be honest- i stole this idea from ck. Has tremendous athleticism, but plays at a division 2aa school- could be a phenomenal pass rushing olb, or could take years to catch up with the pro game.

6. comp pick Caleb campell- hard hitting army safety that everyone is high on- I am really reling on you guys here.

7. marcus monk- finally a reciever- a big, big reciever- If he's gone then perhaps justin harper from VTech

I think this draft we come away with a dominatn offensive line and a good mlb in connor to help the defense. Godfrey could come in at nickel and after development may be a great cb. Bennet will be a good recieving option and a nice safety valve for beck.

thanks for reading

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I would be surprised to see Monk or Bennett available at either of those picks. And it doesn't make sense to draft Nicks and Long. I don't see Nicks as a G, and both Nicks and Long have questionable ability at LT.

3. mason

mason Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    norfolk va
    The guard depth after albert didn't seem terribly strong, so i choose nicks to be a mauler as a lg. do you have any suggestions for who should be picked instead?

4. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    We agree on many things Stitches, but Carl Nicks's ability to play LT is definitely one of them. If he truly ever got his head straight he has enough talent to be just dominant. The problem is, if he did get his head straight it would be a polar opposite to his history so far.

Nicks will play LT in the pros IMO.

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    If Monk is gone, I would bet Rivers from Hawaii may be in the mix with one of those later picks.

I like it Mason, the one thing is Dan Conner is undersized for a 3-4 ILB.

mason likes this.
  6. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Nicks is Raw so its hard to tell. He has great size and frame. I rather have Zuttah in round 4 or 5. He can play guard.

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Donald Thomas, Andre Brown from App State, Jeremiah Zuttah from Rutgers.

8. mason

mason Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    norfolk va
    would donald thomas or brown be a reach for the third round pick?

rivers would fit the 7th nicely- thanks for the info

and while connors is a little small- his instincts and ability seem pretty high

9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    From what I've gathered, as strong a Tackle class as Draft 2008 is, is as weak as the Guard and Center class is after Brandon Alberts and Mike Pollack/Steve Justice.

So any Guard is going to be a bit of reach, Zuttah and maybe Chilio Rachel are maybe worth a third round pick, or we can look for a mobile Center who we can move to Guard and pick them later in the 4-7 rds, and that is the position that Don Thomas and Andre Brown will be in.

May as well throw Robert Felton into that mix as well, he is a fine player out of Arkansas, 4 year starter and has played every position on the Oline.

Unless we take Sam Baker with the idea that he can play Guard or Tackle, he would be worth the #32.

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Good mock bro. I dont think Connor will be there for us nor will Monk but overall, good bro.

11. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'd prefer Zuttah around rd 4, or Greco around 3 or 4 to play LG. I think Duane Brown might make a better LG than Nicks.

padre31 and BuckeyeKing like this.
  12. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    See I think he can play LT, but he needs to get his head straightened out in order to do it IMO. That's the serious question about him playing LT, while Long's serious question is quick feet.

13. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007

Zuttah :hi5:

Nicks is a RT. He just needs to be drafted by the right team.

14. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    other then I prefer Chris over Jake, I wouldn't be upset with this draft.

15. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i agree nicks has plenty of talent to play LT but like you said will he ever straighten out to fullfill that talent-