1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dream's offseason (FA and draft)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by fastball83, Feb 5, 2009.

1. fastball83

fastball83 Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    hello,

IMO we need a solid CB , young OLB and MLB, WR help, OL depht and a NT.

Here is my plan and my dream :

1/ CB : no need ashomugha and his big salary cap number here, just resign goodman and sign another solid CB in FA, my 2 choices :

* philip buchanon or dunta robinson, here is their stats :

buchanon : age 28, college miami

2008 : 16 games played, 52 tackles, 6 pdef, 2 interceptions,
    2007 : 13 games played, 61 tackles, 10 pdef, 3 interceptions

robinson : age 26 , college south carolina

2008 : 11 games played, 38 tackles, 6 pdef, 2 interceptions,
    2007 : 9 games played, 34 tackles, 7 pdef, 2 interceptionss,

2/ OLB : we go with our first round pick here : I want cushing, Sintim, or Matthews here.

3/ WR : we go with our first second rounder here : and my choice is Kenny Britt or Brian Robiskie

their stats :

Britt : 6.4 215 lbs

2007 62 receptions, 19,9 yard average, 8 TD
    2008 87 receptions, 15,8 av, 7 TD

Robiskie : 6.3 200 lbs

2007 : 55 receptions, 17 yards average, 11 TD
    2008 : 42 receptions, 12,7 average, 8 TD

4/ MLB : I go with our second pick of the 2eme round :

Only one choice for me here : Jasper Brinkley, this guy is a beast when he's healthy and that seems to be ok now and he's big and nasty (6.2 275 lbs)

brinkey stats :

2006 (before injury) : 107 tackles, 5 sacks
    2007 (injury)
    2008 : 65 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble

bio resume :
    All-conference and All-America linebacker candidate returns for his final season with the Gamecocks after receiving a medical redshirt for the 2007 season... held out of contact drills in the spring but looks to be 100 percent in the fall... possesses all the tools... is a tall linebacker with good size... an impact player and leader on the defense... was a first-team All-SEC performer as a junior in 2006 when he led the team with 107 tackles... started each of his first 17 games in a Gamecock uniform before being sidlined with a knee injury in 2007... led the team in tackles in nine of those 17 contests... has a twin brother, Casper, who completed his Carolina eligibility in 2007 and signed a free agent contract with the Carolina Panthers.

He's fully healthy now, and we must bet on him.

4/ OL depht : If jonhson is OK at center for the trifecta, we will go OG with one of our pick in stock or in FA, if johson isn't OK with the trifecta, our 3eme rounder will spend on a Center.

5/ NT : ferguson, will be ok next season, and we could draft a NT with our 5eme rounder or signing a FA, but not big name at this position this year in FA.

and our later pick will be spent on depth at OL and why not on a QB if beck is traded.

I'am really curious too about CB will billingsley progress after one year on the practice squad, I'am sure this guy could play in NFL with his athletic ability.

Opinions on my dream fin fans.:up:

Rocky Raccoon, Ludacris and brandon27 like this.
  2. ian.godden

ian.godden Dolphin Gooner

Feb 1, 2009
    UK England, Gosport
    See where your coming from and you english is better then mine lol!

Offseason gonna be fun with a lot of quessing, some rubbish moves, and some great moves ( hope Phins will do latter)

Can't wait till 27th Feb when it gets started!

3. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    like Andre Goodman, Dunta Robinson and Jasper Brinkley are former Carolina Gamecocks. and decent ball players. Brinkley was a bit tentative in 2008 coming off a torn ACL, but has good size and seemingly good instincts. he also has that intangible ability to make the big highlight reel hit that jars the ball loose.

4. fastball83

fastball83 Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    so brinkley is a good choice for you in the trifecta system ?

5. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Buchanon I find a better fit for a Cover 2. Dunta's too injury prone for my liking. Heck, we just got Goodman healthy in a full season for once. Would love Britt in a Dolphins uni that's for sure.