1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Birthday Wish

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The_Dark_Knight, Oct 2, 2011.

1. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Today, TDK turns 46...in this ****e hole called Afghanistan. I've been able to truly watch only 2 seasons of football back home since I retired from the Army in '05. I've been over here in the middle east pretty much non stop since '06. Now...today...as I sit in some little stronghold in the middle of Afghanistan...with no A/C...no real chow hall...no AFN to be able to watch any games, I have but one wish for my birthday today...

Miami...will you PLEASE make today the day it all turns around as you did in '08, going from worst to first and shocking everyone? Please make me proud to be a Miami Dolfan once again...as I was during the 70's...as I was during the 80's...as I was during the 90's even though I was frustrated with coming up JUST THAT short.

Tony Sparano, even Bill Belichik struggled his first time out as a head coach in Cleveland, but he pulled it together in New England. If you ARE the true head coach this team does indeed need...and it's just taken you THIS LONG to recover from the damage done to us under Dave Wannstadt, then let TODAY be the day you finally man up and let it all start clicking.

Mr Ross, if it doesn't happen today...and all of the critics are right (as I'm finding myself becoming one now), then pull the trigger as Joe Robbie did in 1969 and find our next Don Shula.

I'm a simple man who has very simple needs and desires...safe days in Afghanistan, clear skies to ride my Harley when I'm home, cold beer in the fridge, my loving wife in my arms and a winning Miami Dolphins team.

I ask....am I asking for TOO much for my birthday???? :up:

2. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    No. And come home safe. Soon. Thanks.

3. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Happy birthday, brother. I have a strange feeling that you may get your wish. Football is like that; and I, at least, will be cheering the guys on so they do it for you. Thank you for serving, and keep in mind that not even Alexander did as well over there as we have so far, thanks to you guys.

The_Dark_Knight likes this.
  4. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Hopefully. We seem to be the kind of team that wins games it should lose and loses games it should win. I was in Afghanistan a few years back, hopefully things are turning around there. Stay safe bro, hopefully the Phins grant your wish.

5. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    HBD TDK. And, thank you very much for your service. Be safe and come home soon.

:salute:

6. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    I commend, applaud, and thank you for your sacrafice being deployed. My you return home safe to your Loving Wife, Harley, and a Miami Dolphins team that started turning it around in San Diego! God keep you safe.

7. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Thinking about the service you and countless others do for Americans and others puts things in perspective of what is truely important.I hope you get to see the Phins turn it around this season as most of us do,stay safe and come home soon.

8. Phinz13

Phinz13 Active Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Happy Birthday - THANK YOU for your service!

9. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    You might be asking too much,but I hope you get everything you're asking for.
    God bless and get home soon.
    Happy Birthday!

10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I thought I had it rough cause I work my second job from 1-7 today. I still get to come home to my smiling wife and son. I needed a quick humbling. Thank you bro. And happy birthday, come home safe and enjoy that beer and harley ride (although, not at the same time :lol: )

I hope the dolphins make us proud, Happy birthday bro! :ffic:

11. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Happy birthday bro. And riding harleys while drinking beer from a camel back is the way to go.......

The_Dark_Knight and SICK like this.
  12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Happy BDay DKnight....and Thank you.

13. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I hope you have a very Happy Birthday! Well deserved one for sure TDK.

14. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Happy birthday. Stay safe and come back home in one piece.

15. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Not to be a smartass but yeah you probably are.
    Happy B-day though.

16. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    I hope you have a great Birthday and the Fins come through with a win for you on this special day! Get home safe and thank you for all your service for this country

17. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Just come home!

18. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    To hell with the Fins, just keep your head in "the game" your in so you can come home and throw your beer at the tv in frustration like the rest of us. Thank you and God Bless!!!!

19. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Well, I didn't get my win, but at least I had a safe day...and the boys fried a turkey for dinner tonight so that was good.

Going to bed now. 'Nite guys.

20. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Thanks for you and your comrades in arms being there we can sleep a little better over here...

Happy Birthday and God Bless you and those serving with you TDK, and may you all "Live Long and Prosper," and come home safe...:flag:

21. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    A lot of things are simply out of our control; particularly for sports fans, but especially for Miami Dolphins fans the last 20 years or so.

Hang in; you're not "old" by any definition, and you have good things in your life. Cherish them more. And stay safe.

Oh, and...I hope you found a way to have a good birthday regardless.