Music DVD's that you recommend!

34 replies

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury BoxOP
Mar 29, 2008, 04:39 PM

Watched this one again today after mowing the lawn and having a few Barley Pop's.

Y&T-Live, One Hot Night-Rock Awesome Show. Highly recommend!

Judas Priest-Rising in the East-Metal Awesome show as well.

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble-Live at Montreux-Blues Very Awesome show. Highly recommend!

Gary Moore & The Midnight Blues Band-Live at Montreux- Blues/Rock Awesome show. Totally enjoyed.

AC/DC-Live at Donnington-Rock Will get you blood going

Hootie and the Blowfish-Live at Charleston-Rock saw these guys in concert great stuff. This show is great.

Stevie Ray Vaughan-Pride and Joy-release on DVD just recently. Awesome stuff.

Lit-All Access-Rock Funny stuff in this DVD. Great music, and I totally enjoyed the footage.

Stray Cats-Rumble at Brixton-rock-This show is great. My brother took me to see them in Texas last year, they rocked the house, with ZZ Top.


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
Mar 29, 2008, 08:06 PM

Obviously for the metal fans: (some of my favorite DVD's)
In Flames - Used & Abused...In Live we Trust
Children of Bodom - Chaos Ridden Years...Stockholm Knockout Live
Amon Amarth - Wrath of the Norsemen
Dark Tranquillity - Live Damage

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Mar 29, 2008, 08:20 PM

its cause im a huge shinedown fan but Shinedown Live from the inside, only problem for me is its too short

peastripeastriLuxury Box
Mar 29, 2008, 08:27 PM

kamelot - one cold winter's night
nightiwsh - end of an era
muse - absolution

oldies but goodies
Carole King - Welcome to my living room
Led Zepplin - DVD (it's self titled I believe)

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
Mar 29, 2008, 08:32 PM

"peastri wrote:

nightiwsh - end of an era

:up: My wife loves their older stuff with Tarja, she doesn't care for the new singer Anette however.

peastripeastriLuxury Box
Mar 29, 2008, 08:43 PM

"In_Flames wrote:

:up: My wife loves their older stuff with Tarja, she doesn't care for the new singer Anette however.

I saw them live a couple of months ago she did a really good job, funnily enough though she was better on the older songs than the new ones. Probably has something to do with the fact that they wrote the new songs before they had a singer in place. Tarja's solo album was an unfortunate fizzer.

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
Mar 29, 2008, 08:58 PM

"peastri wrote:

I saw them live a couple of months ago she did a really good job, funnily enough though she was better on the older songs than the new ones. Probably has something to do with the fact that they wrote the new songs before they had a singer in place. Tarja's solo album was an unfortunate fizzer.

Are you into any of Liv Kristine's projects? I like older Theatre of Tragedy when they were more into the gothic doom style, my wife loves Leaves' Eyes.

peastripeastriLuxury Box
Mar 29, 2008, 09:19 PM

"In_Flames wrote:

Are you into any of Liv Kristine's projects? I like older Theatre of Tragedy when they were more into the gothic doom style, my wife loves Leaves' Eyes.

no, I'll have to check it out, it's been a while since I've searched for stuff. I usually rely on my bro to provide me with tunes :lol:

EDIT: Scratch that, I have a leaves eyes album in one of my cd piles, guess I haven't gotten to it yet, I thought it sounded familiar :lol:

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
Mar 29, 2008, 09:30 PM

"peastri wrote:

no, I'll have to check it out, it's been a while since I've searched for stuff. I usually rely on my bro to provide me with tunes :lol:

EDIT: Scratch that, I have a leaves eyes album in one of my cd piles, guess I haven't gotten to it yet, I thought it sounded familiar :lol:

Let me know how you like it, she has them all, my favorite L.E. album is probably Vinland Saga and my favorite T.o.T album is Velvet Darkness They Fear, although I have a feeling you'd prefer Aegis. :wink2:

FinfangFinfangNew Member
Mar 29, 2008, 11:06 PM

"Good To See You Again Alice Cooper"

This DVD includes a full length concert from the 1973 Billion Dollar Babies tour!

It is a bad movie concept but the stage footage is priceless. :up: This DVD is a must!

On a different note.

Check out "The Stereophonics - Language, Sex, Violence, Other?" Sounds brash but actually these guys have all the hooks and the chops. They reside in Wales and are hitting the States in the summer.

Lt DanLt DanForum Veteran
Mar 29, 2008, 11:31 PM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

Watched this one again today after mowing the lawn and having a few Barley Pop's.

AC/DC-Live at Donnington-Rock Will get you blood going
.

I was physically at that exact concert:up:

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Mar 30, 2008, 12:46 AM

"Lt Dan wrote:

I was physically at that exact concert:up:

Awesome bro. I love that Video, my neighbors would probably tell you that too. I was watching the Y&T Live One Hot Night. Got to get that bro if you like Y&T. Hey Brother Pagan did you pick this up yet?:tongue2:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Mar 30, 2008, 12:56 AM

jeff buckley - live in chicago (1995) ... this is a fantastic performance for any fans who havent seen it
and...
shinedown - live from the inside

oh, and... illuminations.. by the tea party. its just a dvd of music videos.. but theyre all great... and so are the songs.. but yeah.. thats all


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

branbranNew Member
Mar 30, 2008, 01:35 AM

guns n roses- live from paris 1992 i remember watching this on ppv when i was a kid and i have it on dvd and it is amazing

metallica- live **** binge and purge

ac/dc- live at donnington

heaven and hell- live from radio city music hall

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Mar 30, 2008, 12:17 PM

"brandon27 wrote:

jeff buckley - live in chicago (1995) ... this is a fantastic performance for any fans who havent seen it
and...
shinedown - live from the inside

oh, and... illuminations.. by the tea party. its just a dvd of music videos.. but theyre all great... and so are the songs.. but yeah.. thats all

oh! i noticed this morning looking at my wall of DVD's that I forgot one... if youre a U2 fan... the U2: Live at Slane Castle is a great dvd to pick up too! they put on a great concert there :up:


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

unifiedtheoryunifiedtheoryLuxury Box
Mar 30, 2008, 02:49 PM

Music Bank The Videos - Alice in Chains: Every Alice video, some live stuff as well. The DVD version sounds AWESOME in Dolby 5.1.

Building Empires - Queensryche: Basically all the "Empire" era videos, some cool live stuff and a few classics.

Who cares a lot, greatest videos - Faith No More: Every video they ever did. If you thought they "disappeared" after "The Real Thing" or "Angel Dust" then buy this DVD and see what you missed. Their last 2 albums were EASILY their best.

Used and Abused, In Live we Trust - In Flames: Double DVD, 7 videos, 2 concerts, behind the scenes stuff. Great value.

aMotion - A Perfect Circle: All their videos, some live stuff. Also comes with a cool 9 track CD with some remixes on it.

The history of Iron Maiden Part 1 - Iron Maiden: A MUST for any Maiden fan. Double DVD. 5 videos, 3 concerts, home video footage and a very insightful 90 minute movie about the history of the band from the beginning up until "Piece of Mind". Probably the best bang for the buck from any music DVD I've ever bought.

Letters from a porcupine - Blind Melon: I love this band and the DVD is a great value. 8 videos (as well as a documentary) and a **** load of concert footage (19 songs worth).

I'm on Twitter @ut_pez

Lt DanLt DanForum Veteran
Mar 30, 2008, 02:50 PM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

Awesome bro. I love that Video, my neighbors would probably tell you that too. I was watching the Y&T Live One Hot Night. Got to get that bro if you like Y&T. Hey Brother Pagan did you pick this up yet?:tongue2:

Y & T "Mean Streak" was the first metal/hard rock album I ever bought

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury Box
Mar 30, 2008, 05:13 PM

Yes -- 9012Live (1984). Great performances and trippy 80's visuals directed by Steve Soderbergh (his first feature film).

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Mar 30, 2008, 07:23 PM

there was a concert with metallica, pantera and a couple other bands in russia. Think it was called monsters of metal tour? Not to sure.........

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

FinsPensFanFinsPensFanForum Veteran
Mar 30, 2008, 07:43 PM

Metallica - Cunning Stunts
Slayer - War at the Warfield

All work and no play makes Mike a dull boy...

branbranNew Member
Mar 30, 2008, 07:49 PM

"Mbs3009 wrote:

Metallica - Cunning Stunts
Slayer - War at the Warfield

never seen the metallica one is it any good?

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

FinfangFinfangNew Member
Mar 30, 2008, 07:55 PM

"bran wrote:

never seen the metallica one is it any good?

I'm not a Metallica fan anymore because of all the crap that went down but Cunning Stunts is a great DVD.

2k52k5Forum Veteran
Mar 30, 2008, 08:26 PM

Well I'm a huge O.A.R. fan, so I recommend their Live From Madison Square Garden DVD set, which comes with a movie-length documentary called Behind the Backline and also the full concert.

FinsPensFanFinsPensFanForum Veteran
Mar 30, 2008, 08:28 PM

"bran wrote:

never seen the metallica one is it any good?

I enjoyed it.

All work and no play makes Mike a dull boy...

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Mar 30, 2008, 09:03 PM

I've got several music DVDs, here's a couple of my favorites:

  • Nirvana: Unplugged -

  • I just picked this up a few months ago, it's the MTV performance, uncut.

  • Tool: Salival - This is a hard to find set that's been out of print for a while. It collects all of their early videos.

The DVD I really want is Nine Inch Nail's Closure, but it seems to be stuck in limbo.