1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple teams looking at Sharper

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mroz, Mar 7, 2010.

1. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

wow if the giants land him they'll have rolle + sharper

3. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

With the Bears and Giants in the game Sharper will have a choice of being VERY rich or giving the home team a discount. With the Bears acting like they are the Fed and printing the stuff and the Giants almost doing the same Miami should look elsewhere imvho.

4. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    What? The Bears have signed Peppers and two low cost free agents. That's not printing money. The Giants have two safeties already with Kenny Phillips who they won't give up upon.

If the Saints weren't willing to pay Sharper 6.2m I think it's safe to say we can win this with ease if we want Sharper. 2 years at 14m with 7m guaranteed and perhaps it's done.

The second he signs even at this age he'll be the best safety we've had since Brock Marion around 2000.

5. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I'm glad Miami is looking at him. I think they should really be making a serious run at this guy. I hope they are.

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I can see it happening ...
    would secure the position for at least a year, while coaching/mentoring up our newbies
    but the price has to be right
    Sharper is a current event w/o future

7. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    I think it's highly likely Sharper stays in NO, with such a small shelf life left I don't see anyone paying big money for him. I mean he most likely gets a 1 year contract wherever he goes and will spend part of that year learning a new system...just doesn't seem like a wise investment.

If he was available for cheap and we signed him to a 2 year deal it would be great but it just ain't gonna happen NO will match any offer and he'll end up staying there because I don't think anyone is going to pay big money for him.

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Darren Sharper, come on DOWN!

9. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    nothing ventured, nothing gained