Multiple players requested a trade after loss

47 replies

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Sep 8, 2019, 10:11 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

Dude, tanking is prevalent in every other major sport - Miami doing it for a year is not going to ruin the team or NFL. And retroactively banning Grier and forcing Ross to sell is absolutely an insane overreaction. If you want them to combat tanking, then sure, implement a lottery or something. But banning a GM for trying to create a long term plan? No, ridiculous.

They only way to stop tanking is making that the worst team in the league doesn't get a first-round pick. Give them two second round picks or something.

That would make it so no team would want to be the worst.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Sep 8, 2019, 10:14 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

They only way to stop tanking is making that the worst team in the league doesn't get a first-round pick. Give them two second round picks or something.

That would make it so no team would want to be the worst.

I like how soccer teams get relegated personally. Maybe the worst team get's sent to the XFL.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Sep 8, 2019, 10:14 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

Dude, tanking is prevalent in every other major sport - Miami doing it for a year is not going to ruin the team or NFL. And retroactively banning Grier and forcing Ross to sell is absolutely an insane overreaction. If you want them to combat tanking, then sure, implement a lottery or something. But banning a GM for trying to create a long term plan? No, ridiculous.

You're wrong- and you'll see soon enough why.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Sep 8, 2019, 10:15 PM

"KeyFin wrote:

You're wrong- and you'll see soon enough why.

Are you drunk?

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Dolphin DundeeDolphin DundeeForum Veteran
Sep 8, 2019, 10:18 PM

Figures Miami can't even Tank right...

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Sep 8, 2019, 10:23 PM

"TheHighExhaulted wrote:

Trade them all. Start over like an expansion team.

This team is already playing like a bad expansion team. I saw those 76 Bucs teams and they could have kicked the crap out of what I saw out there today.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

Dolphin DundeeDolphin DundeeForum Veteran
Sep 8, 2019, 10:29 PM

No worries by the time we got everyone in place Brady will be 45 and retired.

MAMakados10Forum Veteran
Sep 8, 2019, 11:39 PM

I'd hope any Dolphins player good enough to start on another team would call the agent. That means they care about winning and not just a paycheck.

WEWestCoast PhinsForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2019, 01:22 AM

"schisno wrote:

Might as well trade them or cut them if they already quit after one game.

Nothing like players who want to take their balls and go "home" or where the grass is greener. #believeintheprocess

Exactly, who wants players that quit. These players don’t have what it takes to last through a tough NFL season and maintain their hunger to win. Champions did deep. Look at what happens to every Patriots team right after a loss, they come back and hammer their next opponent. This is why their champs.

Patster1969Patster1969Supporter
Sep 9, 2019, 03:19 AM

"ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

I'm guessing it was Reshad Jones, Kenyan Drake, and Bobby McCain. Just a feeling it was those guys.

If it was Jones or McCain, they had better hope any potential suitor wasn't watching yesterday, as they were poor

Patster1969Patster1969Supporter
Sep 9, 2019, 03:19 AM

"WestCoast Phins wrote:

Exactly, who wants players that quit. These players don’t have what it takes to last through a tough NFL season and maintain their hunger to win. Champions did deep. Look at what happens to every Patriots team right after a loss, they come back and hammer their next opponent. This is why their champs.

This 100%

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2019, 05:06 AM

"brandon27 wrote:

Oh come on, the front office and coaching staff quit on this season far before the players did. You had to know this was going to happen for the guys on the roster who believe they're "better than this". It's a cost of doing what we're doing. I don't fault those players one bit.

This.

Also I guarantee you it isnt just the loss. If we went in with Tunsil, Stills, Kiko, and so in but lost this bad I doubt youd see guys asking for trades. However it's obvious the front office gave up on them before week 1.

As a fan maybe we can swallow it but why should a player want to waste years of their career?

Surfs Up 99Surfs Up 99Forum Veteran
Sep 9, 2019, 05:23 AM

On the 59-10 loss to the Ravens...

Brian Flores: It starts with coaching; it starts with me. I have to do a better job of coaching this team. We have a long way to go; it starts with me.

Some players after the loss: Fuck this shit. I am calling my agent and requesting a trade...

Interesting contrast here. We have Flores taking responsibility for the loss, and then we have some players quitting because they got their asses whooped. Who has character and who doesn't? Who do I want to support and who have I lost all respect for? I don't care who they are. There is no excuse for quitting on your teammates. NONE. Not trading away Tunsil and Stills. Having a makeshift OL. NONE. Playing like shit. Getting your asses whooped. NONE. This isn't about all that. This is about character and about guys sticking with each other through thick and thin and finding ways to get better as an individual player and as a team. This is about accepting the hand you were dealt and the adversity that comes with it and finding ways to get better and win if you can. Any player who has requested a trade needs to get their wish immediately. They have no character and we don't need guys like that on THIS team. C'ya mofo! This is team first, not me first. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

And, as dolphin fan, I am not owed anything other than the coaches and players trying hard and giving it their best to win every game. That's it. No playoffs. No Superbowl. Nothing. Just give me your best, and I am a fan. I believe that Flores, our coaches, and most of our players are giving it their best. Yes, they have a lot of work to do, but I am still a fan. Go Dolphins!

Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.

Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Team Tua.

Miami Dolphins Homer!

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2019, 05:33 AM

"Surfs Up 99 wrote:

On the 59-10 loss to the Ravens...

Brian Flores: It starts with coaching; it starts with me. I have to do a better job of coaching this team. We have a long way to go; it starts with me.

Some players after the loss: **** this ****. I am calling my agent and requesting a trade...

Interesting contrast here. We have Flores taking responsibility for the loss, and then we have some players quitting because they got their asses whooped. Who has character and who doesn't? Who do I want to support and who have I lost all respect for? I don't care who they are. There is no excuse for quitting on your teammates. NONE. Not trading away Tunsil and Stills. Having a makeshift OL. NONE. Playing like ****. Getting your asses whooped. NONE. This isn't about all that. This is about character and about guys sticking with each other through thick and thin and finding ways to get better as an individual player and as a team. This is about accepting the hand you were dealt and the adversity that comes with it and finding ways to get better and win if you can. Any player who has requested a trade needs to get their wish immediately. They have no character and we don't need guys like that on THIS team. C'ya mofo! Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out!

And, as dolphin fan, I am not owed anything other than the coaches and players trying hard and giving it their best to win every game. That's it. No playoffs. No Superbowl. Nothing. Just give me your best, and I am a fan. I believe that Flores, our coaches, and most of our players are giving it their best. Yes, they have a lot of work to do, but I am still a fan. Go Dolphins!

I dont know, if I was a player and my front office was doing this I can guarantee you I wouldnt be fired up to play. They have basically shown whether you perform or not you could be gone and that they arent interested in winning anytime soon.

I wouldnt be part of that, I'd sit my behind on the bench. Why should players have to go out and embarrass themselves for the front office? If the FO doesnt want to win why should they? I can see why they'd want out of this mess.

When they are on the field they are trying. If you dont you'll get your ass handed to you every play and that isnt fun. So I guarantee you they are playing. They just feel like screw this team.

Surfs Up 99Surfs Up 99Forum Veteran
Sep 9, 2019, 05:34 AM

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:

This.

Also I guarantee you it isnt just the loss. If we went in with Tunsil, Stills, Kiko, and so in but lost this bad I doubt youd see guys asking for trades. However it's obvious the front office gave up on them before week 1.

As a fan maybe we can swallow it but why should a player want to waste years of their career?

There is a trust issue here. My prediction is that any player that raises their hand saying I want out of Miami is going to have a hard time fitting in on their new team. We all know what happens to them when the going gets tough. They want their mommy.

Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.

Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Team Tua.

Miami Dolphins Homer!

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2019, 06:39 AM

"WestCoast Phins wrote:

Exactly, who wants players that quit. These players don’t have what it takes to last through a tough NFL season and maintain their hunger to win. Champions did deep. Look at what happens to every Patriots team right after a loss, they come back and hammer their next opponent. This is why their champs.

If they have no desire to win, why would they want to be traded from a team that's tanking?

mlb1399mlb1399Forum Veteran
Sep 9, 2019, 07:11 AM

"WestCoast Phins wrote:

Exactly, who wants players that quit. These players don’t have what it takes to last through a tough NFL season and maintain their hunger to win. Champions did deep. Look at what happens to every Patriots team right after a loss, they come back and hammer their next opponent. This is why their champs.

I get your point but to the players this has to feel like being asked to charge the hill with heavy enemy troops with heavy machine guns and all our guys have is bb guns.

DUDussForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2019, 07:26 AM

Boohoo the players are upset about losing ?
Shut up and play better if they have pride then play like it
Thé défense was horrendous yet we only lost a very avg lb in the process

If you don’t want to get embarrassed work harder

Surfs Up 99Surfs Up 99Forum Veteran
Sep 9, 2019, 07:27 AM

"mlb1399 wrote:

I get your point but to the players this has to feel like being asked to charge the hill with heavy enemy troops with heavy machine guns and all our guys have is bb guns.

This isn’t war. This is football. A game. Does Flores want to win? Do most of the players ( minus those that quit) want to win? If so, that’s all that matters. Team first, not me first.

Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.

Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Team Tua.

Miami Dolphins Homer!

THThe GoatForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2019, 07:45 AM
firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2019, 07:54 AM

"TheHighExhaulted wrote:

Trade them all. Start over like an expansion team.

I thought we did that already.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2019, 09:51 AM

The defense has no excuse.

Kud_IIKud_IIForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2019, 05:23 PM

That's nothing compared to when Tua refuses to be picked by us or stays for his senior year to avoid us.

Formerly known as IdrA,
formerly known as Kud.