1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motocross racer Lusk dies from head injuries

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by calphin, Feb 10, 2009.

1. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica (AP) - Jeremy Lusk, an American freestyle motocross rider, died of head injuries Tuesday after crashing while trying to land a backflip in competition. He was 24.

Jorge Ramirez, chief of the intensive care unit at Calderon Hospital where Lusk was taken, said the motocross racer suffered severe brain damage and a possible spinal cord injury

Rip Jeremy Lusk...:cry: were gonna miss you.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/9203866/Motocross-racer-Lusk-dies-from-head-injuries?MSNHPHMA

SICK, Phinperor and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Thats awful.

These guys risk their life for what exactly?

3. calphin

money.:no:

4. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    That was a heck of a crash. Maybe they should outlaw flips like this. You have a 150 to 300 pound bike coming down on you if you mess up, or end up in a position like that where you can break your neck. R.I.P. Jeremy.

calphin likes this.
  5. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Brother Mike last I read he was in an induced coma. Very sad. May he rest in peace.

calphin likes this.
  6. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Thanks bro. I put a little disclaimer in there so some of the family would not get upset over watching it.:wink2:

calphin likes this.
  7. calphin

Watching the video, I couldn't help but think of Dale Earnhardt dying, doing something he loved to do. Guys like Lusk and big E are rare, like free birds, they would rather go out doing something they love to do instead of winding up being paralyzed, or handicapped for the rest of their lives. Regardless of what they were doing, they leave behind friends and families that love them, and fans that looked forward to watching them race, week after week.

May their families find some peace and happiness in the lining of this rather dark cloud.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  8. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Local paper that covers Temecula as well as Oceanside. Very nice pic of Jeremy.

http://www.nctimes.com/sports/

Freestyle motocross rider Jeremy Lusk died late Monday night from head injuries sustained in a violent crash on Saturday evening in Costa Rica. The San Diego native and Temecula resident was a feature rider in the X Knights competition, during which he under-rotated a backflip variation and landed on his face, shoulder and neck.

Lusk was 24.

Ramirez said Lusk died with his parents and his wife, Lauren, at his side.

calphin likes this.
  9. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    It is all good brother Travis.:wink2:

10. calphin

11. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    calphin likes this.
  12. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/02/11/sports/action/zc429bc7ff5e2da5188257559006ec98c.txt

"Last night I lost one of my closest friends," said Jeremy "Twitch" Stenberg, a Temecula resident, Metal Mulisha rider and one of Lusk's closest friends, in a statement. "I'm at a loss for words. I still feel like I'm in a bad dream and I'm going to wake up tomorrow and go ride with Jeremy. I just can't believe he's gone."

"It's a sad day," Metzger said. "The best thing is that he passed away doing what he loved the most. If I had to pick and choose how I was going to go, it would be doing something I love. I've known Jeremy for a few years now and there isn't anything that stood in his way. His goal was to be the best freestyle motocross rider of his time, and he worked incredibly hard to get there."

Phinperor and calphin like this.