1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most hated teams

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Arodgers12, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Arodgers12

Arodgers12 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    As we approach midway through the playoffs who are your most hated teams and teams you like outside Miami.
    I hate
    Vikings
    Bears
    Lions
    Patriots
    Seahawks
    Cowgirls
    Panthers because of their fans and Cam Newton.

I like outside of GB: Miami, Buffalo, Bengals and I guess that's it.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  2. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    My Favorite team is the Dolphins.

My second favorite team is whoever is playing the jest.

I hate everyone else equally. Except for maybe the Foreskins and the Crows, they both get an extra share.

3. thetylernator

thetylernator You're as cold as ice, Officer Friendly.

Dec 31, 2014
    My hate for the Buffalo Bills is unending; and if it weren't for the success/greed/shadiness of the Patriots, they would be my most hated team. I wouldn't mind if their fans drowned in the sorrow of 100 straight years of 0-16 seasons. :001_rolleyes:

I'm indifferent towards the Jets. The product they put on the field is neither talented enough nor dirty enough to hate, and I don't mind their fans. I suppose that may be because I'm from New York, though.

As for the rest, I've always had a sour taste in my mouth when thinking about the Steelers and the Ravens.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  4. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Patriots....urgh.
    Jets and Bills I want to see lose but only because they're rivals, if I'm honest.

Teams I like - Packers, Eagles.

If the Dolphins ceased to exist tomorrow, I'm not sure I'd follow football as much, but if I did, I think the Packers would be the team I'd follow.

5. Phin McCool

Phin McCool Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I hate Sheffield Wednesday. I absolutely loathe and despise them. They are top of my hate list. Next and not far behind is the New England Cheat-a-lots. I really can't stand the Steelers either, with their snotty hankies whirring round above their heads - unless they're playing the Cheat-a-lots, in which case I become a snotty Steelers fan for 3 hours. I'm down on Buffalo and NYJ too because of the divisional rivalry thing but, no... I would hate the Jets anyway, I guess.

My passions - Sheffield United, Miami Dolphins & Miami Hurricanes - in that order. I quite like the Packers but don't really favour one lot over the other, unless I have a fantasy player playing.

SocaCasualuk likes this.
  6. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Put down the Patriots as the top ten teams I hate, with the Ravens at 11th, Jets at 12th and the Bills at 13th. My Baltimore hate comes from us never being able to beat them though, and strangely I root for the Jets and Bills once we're out of the playoffs (if one of them happen to be in). That's because they hate the Pats just as much as do. The year Sexy Rexy knocked the Pats out of the playoffs? Best playoff game this decade!

My favorite teams outside of Miami? I've been silently rooting for the Saints ever since Katrina- that city deserves some love. Mainly though, I'm a big fan of whoever's playing the Patriots next Sunday. So for now, go Titans!

I also think I'm suddenly a 49ers fan with Jimmy G at the helm!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  7. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Most Hated/Disliked

Patriots (obvious reasons)
    Jets (obvious reasons)

Cowboys (the 90s)

Ravens (they always beat us/Joe Flacco

49ers (Joe Montana/Steve Young)

Panthers (fanbase is terrible and Cam Newton is probably the biggest douche on the planet).

Bears (Trubisky has a very punchable face)

8. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Well, I'm relatively young (31) so for most of my football-watching life the Dolphins, Bills and Jets have all played second fiddle to the Patriots. I have sympathy for all 3 teams fans for having to go through that. I really do. The Jets, Bills and Dolphins have all had some of the worst teams in the last 15-20 years. I generally only end up hating the Dolphins for not beating the Bills and Jets more regularly.

I honestly can't "hate" anyone who's rooting for a team that's generally bad. It'd be like hating a Browns fan. I mean, c'mon...don't they have to take enough grief already?

In no particular order, I hate:

(1) The Pittsburgh Steelers for getting so much praise.

(2) The Dallas Cowboys for getting so much coverage and for the "America's Team" nonsense.

(3) The Seattle Seahawks for being overly physical, sometimes dirty and altogether cocky.

Honorable Mentions:

I did hate the Colts when they went from Peyton Manning right into Andrew Luck with only a single wasted season. It seemed like they won the lottery twice in a row and that they would be set for another 15 seasons. However that seems to have not been the case. Even if Luck rebounds from his injuries, which is not a given, they're still a badly-built team and a badly-run organization.

9. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Pats
    Bills/Jest (I was sad to see the Bills' streak end)
    Redskins/Cowboys
    Everyone else.

ripper1961 likes this.
  10. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Most hated = Jets

After that = inverse order to how many Super Bowls a team has won because I think that's the metric that should be used to rank order franchises (ties for SB's won are broken by total number of SB appearances) and I don't like to see teams above the Dolphins on that list.

So after the Jets it's the Steelers, then Patriots then Cowboys, then 49ers, ... and then I'm sorry to say but after that it's a tie between Green Bay and the Giants:
    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/super-bowl/standings.htm

I'll just focus on the top few lol.

11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Hated in order:
    Jets
    Pats
    Bills
    Cowboys
    Redskins

If I couldn't root for the Dolphins anymore then I'd choose one between:
    Steelers (only after Big Rape is gone)
    Giants
    Packers
    Bucs
    Jags

12. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Jets
    Pats
    Bills
    Everyone else except I don't hate the Bucs, Jags, Giants, or Packers

If the Dolphins weren't around I'd root for the Packers

13. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I hate all three franchises in the AFC East equally. Individuals more than others, but teams all the same.

Outside of that, Baltimore is at the very, very top of my list. I just hate everything about that franchise, on and off the field.

After that, I generally root against Oakland, Dallas, Washington, Tennessee and Carolina.

Everyone else ebbs and flows, depending on who the important characters are and what kind of success they're having. I don't want to see any team, beyond Miami, on the top for too long.

I don't have a "second favorite team". To me, that would be like saying I have a second favorite wife. But I generally wish good things for Pittsburgh (I'm from that area and have many friends and family who are fans), Detroit, and Atlanta. Seattle used to be in that group too, but I dislike so much about who they've been recently, that they've been thrown back into the middle group.

14. shadokp

shadokp Active Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Last night's the X-Files episode had a hilarious scene (Spoilers for those who watch the series) - Mulder and Scully are contacted by someone via a cel phone who they thought was dead. The person is actually living in a computer simulation and nobody but this guy knows it isn't real. The simulated world is perfect - no one dies, no one gets cancer and the Ramones are still playing gigs together. Also the New England Patriots are there and they never ever win. Never.

I loved that!

15. Arodgers12

Oct 18, 2010
    I used to hate SF in the 90s but not much anymore at all.

16. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I never hated them, but I did always root against them. They just won too much.

17. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Hated in order:
    Jets - Growing up by Hofstra where they used to practice made losses so much worse
    Pats - The Brady era boosted them over the Bills
    Bills - Team hasn’t been relevant since Kelly, Smith, Thomas and Reed
    Cowboys - Aside from the fact the NYG are my 2nd favorite team, I mean who could like these pukes?
    Eagles - See Cowboys
    Ravens - Any Dolphin fan knows why
    Broncos - Because of Elway’s stupid horse face

Teams I like besides Miami:
    NYG - Beat the Cheatriots 2x in the SB, saved our perfect season, beat the Bills in 91 and have always made the Jets the redheaded stepchild in NY football....what’s not to love?
    GB - I like tradition and GB has it. And if you enjoy watching great QB’s then Favre and Rodgers have been what you want to watch most of the last 25 years.
    Pitt - Generally I don’t like conference teams but their tradition of winning is something I respect.

danmarino likes this.
  18. phinswolverinesrockets

phinswolverinesrockets If he dies, he dies

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    Hate the most: Jets and Cowboys

Would be my team if not for Phins: Saints (Been a Drew Brees fan since the BIG10 days. Was absolutely pissed the Phins didn't draft him. Took that scrub corner instead of a HOFer...smh)

I don't like the Pats, but I respect that they are willing to do whatever it takes to win (even bending rules and cheating). Just win, damnit. Also Brady is a Wolverine...so its hard for me to completely hate him.

19. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    How do you respect cheating?

danmarino, RGF and Unlucky 13 like this.
  20. phinswolverinesrockets

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    Wins don't come with asterisks. So, do what you need to do to get that edge. Sure, the Pats cheat, but the punishments have been minimal. Belichick is likely going to win his 6th ring this season. I would like to see the Phins do the same. Spy, deflate balls, steal signals, pay refs...I don't give a damn anymore. Just win. I am sick of this team losing and being irrelevant.

jdang307 and Puka-head like this.
  21. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    That is....sickening. If you can't beat the villain, then just become a villain yourself, eh?

danmarino and Fin D like this.
  22. phinswolverinesrockets

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    A villain to who? They are the 2nd most valuable franchise in the NFL. They are a topic on every sports show every day. Belichick is nationally recognized as the greatest coach of all time. Brady is recognized as the greatest qb of all time. Again, who is the villain? You and I would love it if we could boast about the Phins like that. No one seems to give a damn if they cheat or not. They've been rewarded for it.

23. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    ONE of the greatest, not THE greatest. Lombardi and Shula are always mentioned, and so is Walsh.

24. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I care much more about honesty, integrity, and honor than I do winning. I would rather the Fins went 0-16 ten years in a row than won a title due to cheating. It would never feel clean, valid, or real.

Sports are fun to watch and follow because of the perception that its at least as fair and level as it can be. When that goes away, it becomes progressively more difficult to enjoy what's happening.

danmarino, Boik14 and Fin D like this.
  25. phinswolverinesrockets

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    If he gets that 6th ring, the conversation is over. Its already over for me even though I love Shula.

26. phinswolverinesrockets

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    I'm different. I care about results. It wouldn't bother me one bit if the Dolphins became the bad boys of the NFL, as long as they win. I would have tons of fun with it, actually.

27. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Just the worst.

danmarino and Unlucky 13 like this.
  28. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Without rules and ethics, results and records are hollow. The entire premise of sports is competition on a level playing field. Once the playing field is no longer level everything else is meaningless.

danmarino, dont fumble, Fin D and 3 others like this.
  29. muskrat21

muskrat21 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2014
    hate: pats jets

Likes steelers seahawks

30. Arodgers12

Oct 18, 2010
    The Patriots being back in the Super Bowl makes me sick.

danmarino likes this.
  31. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    If I ever see you I'm going sneak up on you and bash your face in with a brick, steal all your money and your car, and then **** your wife.

You're OK with that though, right? I mean...I won! Dammit, I WON!

shamegame13, Unlucky 13 and Fin D like this.
  32. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    So do you like Reshad Jones? Suspended for PED ;) He should be kicked off the team.

This is a game. A meaningless game that consumes half our day. I'll take honor, integrity and honesty from the justice system, politics, and my wife. Sports is tainted from golf, football, baseball, cycling, olympics. Might as well stop watching sports altogether because I guarantee, that perhaps the Dolphins FO is on the up and up, but our players have cheated in some way. We tampered with Shula, which isn't cheating the game, but does not promote honor, integrity and honesty. Joe Robbie didn't care. He signed him to a contract while he was still signed with the Ravens.

Sports are fun to watch because we like to cheer for our team, and want to win even if we think the other side is cheating. MLB was at its height when everyone knew Mcguire, Sosa, then Bonds were roiding. The NFL has roided forever. Spygate hit in 2007 and the NFL soared in popularity since. It may just be me, I don't go to sports looking for sanctimony. I go to look for wins. But not every fan is the same. I will still cheer for Reshad Jones.

Teams I hate. I don't hate any teams, not even the NFCE. I used to. But we've been so unsuccessful for a long time, how can I even hate another team anymore. Used to hate the Bills though. They ruined my childhood as a Fins fan. Jets are so incompetent it's like hating a mentally challenged person. I just can't do it. Making fun of a mentally challenged person is bad and you can't do that, but I'll make fun of the Jets.

The team I'm closest to hating is the Chargers, because of living in San Diego and banter with my friends. Don't hate them, just like to see them lose. But since they are now in LA that's not in play. Teams I like to watch succeed are actually Raiders, as my former law partner is a huge fan. Cowboys. Saints because I always like players on that team. Right now it's Mark Ingram. The rest, "meh," I just root for the Dolphins to win. Don't pay attention to other teams. It's the fantasy football effect. Watching and liking individual players instead.

33. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Glad you made that comparison.

Belichick should be removed from the NFL the same way Armstrong was removed from cycling...right?

Unlucky 13, shamegame13 and danmarino like this.
  34. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Great example. I LOVED Armstrong. He was one of my all time favorite athletes. I thought there was no way in hell that he cheated and stood by him through it all. When it was proven that he in fact cheated, that ended. He's a POS and he did NOTHING in the sport.

That's just me though. I guess I am not normal in that I have integrity.

shamegame13 and Fin D like this.
  35. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Hated him. Hated him for years before he was exposed. Such an arrogant, lying POS. When it was all brought to light and he was disgraced, it was nearly the same feeling as the Fins winning a big game. Cheating is awful enough. Covering it up for years and then attacking all those who question you is so much worse because it's an assault on the truth and those who work for it.

danmarino likes this.
  36. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    The Jones analogy was weak. Jones tested positive for an over the counter supplement. Have you ever looked at the list of things the NFL deems as PED's? It's absurd. Beta blockers (i.e. blood pressure meds), weed (weed is performance enhancing?).

Taking AAS is one thing. Taking the latest supplement at GNC is something else entirely different.

Fin D likes this.
  37. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Not me. I thought the guy was amazing. Best ever. etc etc. When it was proven that he cheated I was flabbergasted.

If the Dolphins, as much as I love them and enjoy watching them, were caught doing what the Pats have done I wouldn't be a fan. It's amazing to me how fans of other teams can be so forgiving of them. It's funny how they excuse the Pat's cheating more than they excuse the Dolphins inability to get back to the Super Bowl. Just crazy.

Fin D likes this.
  38. phinswolverinesrockets

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    Well said.

Our fans are still sitting here complaining about the Pats cheating the Jags (which I'm sure they did), meanwhile they are laughing their way to that 6th ring. There will be no asterisk when they get it either.

It wouldn't bother me one bit if we took a couple of pages out of their cheatbook to get us a championship.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  39. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Belichick and Armstrong should be punished by the penal authority of their respective leagues. And I believe both were. Just like the Dolphins were when they tampered. Punishment was doled out. The punishing body decided what punsishment was appropriate.

40. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    hahahahahaha

The back bends and gymnastics you go through are absurd.

danmarino likes this.