1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Spending....WTF

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by 2socks, May 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
  2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Hey man, the military-industrial complex needs its cut too ya know.

3. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Its unbelievably irresponsible. Obama acts like it is just another day. Does this man not have a conscious??

4. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Look, the military industrial complex is going to get its cut no matter who's in office. That's just the way it is, since World War 2. Us on the left don't like it either but that's what runs the economy.

How come no one uttered a peep about spending under the last guy?

5. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Bush II was the most reckless and irresponsible president fiscally in the history of the USA to date.......Obama will surpass him by 50%

1 . Thing here is I was not referring to Bush. Because Bush II did it doesn't make it right for Obama. I don't mean that in a punch you in the face way either. What I am saying is two wrongs don't make a right. What has been done we cannot change........what will happen (I can assure you Obama has every intention) is Obama will make Bush look like a saint. In the near future we will be referring to Bush II as Saint Bush

2. I would like to not fall into the old trap of politics as usual....to me because Bush did it don't mean a hill of beans. That I can not change. Politics as usual is ruining this country. Those who choose to go along with it are contributing to the problem!! Of course that is not directed at you personally.:up:

Coral Reefer likes this.
  6. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    No I dont get into the whole political namecalling, irrational yelling back and forth stuff. Don't worry man. :up:

Obama is a corporate Democrat, much like Clinton was a corporate Democrat. I wish he were a true liberal. But it could be much worse. But I don't consider myself an Obama apologist, there's a few things he's gone along with that I appall. That said, I do see what he's trying to do and some of it I think could work.

He knows government spending is what keeps the economy growing. Now Bush, despite being a so-called conservative, knew this too. Except Bush directed the spending toward programs that have no relation to actual job creation. I for one do not mind tax dollars spent on things that help develop industries like clean energy tech or by employing workers to improve our infrastructure. Obama is trying to direct funds to do this. Unfortunately, since the Democratic Party, like the Republicans, are also paid for by Defense, Inc., they're going to get theirs too. The banks got theirs, big auto got theirs, medical insurance inc. got theirs, now Defense is waiting to get theirs, since they got their huge Iraq base built under Bush and Afghanistan is now a militarily and financially black hole, they need to know Obama is on their side when it comes to maintaining the empire and the Democratic Party is of course in step.

And I voted for Obama knowing all this was probably going to happen.

7. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    The path we are on, which is not a good path, is unsustainable. We can throw all the money we want at the situation. It does not change the fact that it is money we don't have, we are in essence buying time. Time will at some point run out. So what is the point.....the ability to say Obama "fixed it".

Well, he hasn't. And he won't. I am not saying that he is not a good person or his intentions are not good. The money will run out eventually....it is an inevitable fact. It is unsustainable.

So I give you this thought.....If what the President and Congress is doing is a meer band-aid. And really we have not, nor will we, fix what is truly ailing our country....what is the point??? Just four years of wasted time and trillions of dollars of money we don't have.....and now our kids don't have! Sounds like Bush II all over again.....only this time we've doubled down by spending twice as much!!!!

We thought he had a plan.....He doesn't.

We need someone who has a long term plan and can get it implemented ASAP. It is gonna suck because it will be a bitter pill to swallow. Democrat, republican, independent, conservative, Liberal we are all Americans. We all want what is good for our country. We all know we are headed in the wrong direction with this fiscally irresponsible spending.

It starts here today not accepting that because they got theirs you deserve yours now.........that is bogus thinking and needs to end......part of that bitter pill...........................................

8. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Surely the Republicans aren't the answer either. They got us into this mess after all. I find it odd that Democrats are labeled as big spenders and the Republicans as fiscally conservative, when historically that's proven incorrect.

In fact, the last few times the budget was balanced were by Democratic presidents. The last Republican to do so was Eisenhower, doing so despite the New Deal in place, Cold War spending nearing its peak, NASA spending, and he did so by taxing the rich at 90%. Now no one is calling for that high of a rate, but we need to get back to a progressive tax system and cut back on wasteful defense spending if we're ever going to see the days of balanced budgets ever again.

9. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    No republicans are not the answer. I applaud Clinton for the path he put us on. Great job......simple philosophy....don't spend more then you got. Of course it didn't take Bush II long to screw that up. It just kills me why this simple philosophy gets so lost for most people. Taxing the rich 90% is not the answer....maybe a fair tax is. Do I know those numbers....no I do not. I can tell you one thing is for sure, this stuff we got now ain't gonna get it.

I want, I want, I want is the motto of the people of the USA. Time to wake up and smell the smoke.....because if we are not careful there will be fire.....don't believe me just ask Greece. We are smoldering my friend. As an American I want what is right for my country and my fellow brother or sister. Spending into oblivion money we havn't rightfully earned yet is a recipe for disaster.....republican or democrat. Having the attitude that everything is hunky dory and normal for the times is irresponsible and frightening to me. I am 100% certain those who talk like this don't run their personal lives that way. They could try, but they would be bankrupt before they knew what happened. The only difference here is the Govt can wave a wand and mortgage our time, the values of our homes, our 401k's, retirement plans, etc by firing up the printing presses. Whats most disturbing is they dare to do it to my children.....for me that is where I draw the Line.................................................

Coral Reefer likes this.
  10. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Actually it is my opinion that a fair tax is not really a fair tax at all. If you make over a million a year....a tax rate of say....45% is not much to you. But to someone making $13,000...45% is way too much. That's why you need tax brackets. The problem is the top tier of taxpayers have gotten politicians to cut their rates by more than 2/3rds since the 1960's...beginning with JFK, onward with Nixon, Carter, Reagan for the most part, and most especially with Bush II. When you enact policies that favor the already well-off, it will not trickle-down to the lower classes. In fact it does the opposite. It disenfranchises them to a point where they have no voice in the government and no unions to protect them at the workplace. We no longer have accountability in government because it no longer works for us. It has from time to time but the story of our country is that he government has been used as a tool to protect industry. And this has been exasperated by the last administration and Obama is trying to find ways to strike a balance between that. When we needed an FDR, the last president who truly cared for the working class, we got another Clinton-lite, which would've been good for peacetime America but not for the state we're in now thanks to 8 years of Republican rule that presided over the hallowing out of the middle class. I'm not trying to be partisan but that's the reality of the situation. Obama's job is to stabilize the system not to reform it, so don't get worried about communism coming here. Let's please throw out the irrational charges being levied against Obama and let's talk about what's really going on. What we're dealing with here is the deindustrialization of America and the phasing out of our 20th century economy. We're in an age where the only jobs available are service industry jobs to serve the Bourgeois which own us.