More bad news for StrikeForce - Nick Diaz out for this Saturday

19 replies

TrueDolFanTrueDolFanNew MemberOP
Aug 11, 2009, 12:11 PM

Nick Diaz failed to show up for his random drug test (he couldn't flush out the marijuana in time) so he's off the card this Saturday.

From MMA Weekly:


http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9345&zoneid=2

On Monday, Diaz’s manager, Cesar Gracie, said his fighter had an informal agreement with former CSAC executive officer Armando Garcia that precluded random drug testing. Diaz, a resident of Stockton, Calif., currently holds a medical marijuana license under the state’s Compassionate Use Act of 1996 and Medical Marijuana Program Act. Garcia departed the agency last November.

“They changed it without any notification,” said Gracie. “No one had any time. The old guys were doing things based off of California law, and I knew California law didn’t change. He’s licensed... it’s legal. They’re own legal team came out with a ruling that said (compassionate use was allowed). Then all of a sudden they’re saying we’re doing drug tests, and cannabis is included, it’s not just performance enhancers. To flush it out of his system, it takes 10 days, and we don’t have that.”

Now this card REALLY sucks. Carano vs. Cyborg is a PATHETIC main event (sorry, women's MMA is a complete joke), and to have only one good fight (Babalu vs. Mousasi) on the whole card now is a got damn shame.

MotionMotionNew Member
Aug 11, 2009, 12:16 PM

And yet everytime Carano fights it turns out to be the fight of the night.

Then again, if your expecting a blockbuster Strikeforce card you're setting yourself up for disappointment from the get go.

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Aug 11, 2009, 12:20 PM

No interest whatsoever in this card.

and BTW...the next UFC is rather pointless as well.

just waiting for Machida/SHogun..........

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Aug 11, 2009, 12:45 PM

"Section126 wrote:

No interest whatsoever in this card.

and BTW...the next UFC is rather pointless as well.

just waiting for Machida/SHogun..........

thats not a very good fight to me either. Shogun is overrated IMO and Machida is going to kill him.

MotionMotionNew Member
Aug 11, 2009, 12:50 PM

"nappy roots wrote:

thats not a very good fight to me either. Shogun is overrated IMO and Machida is going to kill him.

It's sad how far and fast he dropped from his Pride days, he was such a beast then. Even as a big fan of his I'm surprised they gave him a title shot already. I think it was more of a knee jerk reaction by Dana after Rampage chose to fight Rashad instead of Machida.

TrueDolFanTrueDolFanNew Member
Aug 11, 2009, 12:59 PM

"Motion wrote:

And yet everytime Carano fights it turns out to be the fight of the night.

Then again, if your expecting a blockbuster Strikeforce card you're setting yourself up for disappointment from the get go.

Fight of the night says the StrikeFarce management... They're just trying to build her up.

Women's MMA = POOP

I can't deny the bold. StrikeForce is a second-rate promotion, signing Fedor will turn out to be the worst thing they've ever done. They will be out of business within a year.

TrueDolFanTrueDolFanNew Member
Aug 11, 2009, 01:08 PM

"Section126 wrote:

No interest whatsoever in this card.

and BTW...the next UFC is rather pointless as well.

just waiting for Machida/SHogun..........

Yep. If you're going to put on a PPV with no title fights, at least get some really good matchups going on...

Marquardt vs. Maia ought to be a good one. Couture vs. Nogueira might actually be a decent fight. But the rest? Crap.

I have no interest in seeing Jardine get destroyed by Silva, or Leben vs. Rosholt, or Vera vs. that Polish guy, or Gonzaga vs. whoever the hell he is.

ether79ether79New Member
Aug 11, 2009, 01:47 PM

I'm buying the next for maia. Marquardt solely...love the match up

MotionMotionNew Member
Aug 11, 2009, 01:48 PM

"TrueDolFan wrote:

Fight of the night says the StrikeFarce management... They're just trying to build her up.

Women's MMA = POOP

I can't deny the bold. StrikeForce is a second-rate promotion, signing Fedor will turn out to be the worst thing they've ever done. They will be out of business within a year.

Fight of the night says most people who have seen her fight. You may not be into women's MMA but that is going to be quite the battle. Granted, I probably wouldn't pay to see it on showtime (although I have 3 months of Showtime free from Directv right now :up:) I'd definitely watch it on CBS.

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Aug 11, 2009, 01:57 PM

Women's MMA has actually been quite entertaining in my experience.

I go to some of the local promotions. And the women's fights are ALWAYS among the best. Action packed. One of the regulars here is (boxing) welterweight champ Andre Berto's sister. When we see chicks on the card, it's actually a draw.

This fight will be good too IMO.

Women's MMA is never going to be as populated as men's. But that doesn't mean the fights can't be good. In my experience, they're generally very good.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

TiP54TiP54New Member
Aug 11, 2009, 03:03 PM

Oh, common!
He is my fav strikeforce fighter ;(

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Aug 11, 2009, 04:02 PM

This UFC card coming up shows what I have been thinking about for a while....

they NEED to consolidate the WEC with the UFC.

I don;t think it is honest to put on a PPV event with NO Title Shots.

With the WEC....they would have another couple of weight classes to have champions from.

I pay for events ALL YEAR ROUND....this one I am getting ONLY because i will have people over and they will pay their share. If not..I could care less about it.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Aug 11, 2009, 04:17 PM

Not really a fan of to girls going at it unless Mud, Jello, Baby oil,whip cream, ect is involved.

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Aug 13, 2009, 09:46 AM

I wonder how much, if any, the TV deal between Versus and WEC has on this.

We know the UFC likes having a cable TV presence. But you gotta believe they'd rather have it all under the UFC brand.

I wonder how many people are employed under the WEC, and if those jobs are also a consideration, since many of them would probably be lost in a merger.

UFC cards would be so much more stacked with the WEC merger. And you could still have it on TV. Just better TV cards!

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

charlestonphancharlestonphanNew Member
Aug 13, 2009, 09:22 PM

heard earlier today that UFC is countering by offering UFC 100 for free that night on Spike. anybody know if that is true?

R.I.P. Scott Knight; Dec. 1968 - Dec. 2007

TiP54TiP54New Member
Aug 13, 2009, 09:27 PM

"charlestonphan wrote:

heard earlier today that UFC is countering by offering UFC 100 for free that night on Spike. anybody know if that is true?

I read that they will be showing some of the fights from ufc 100.
Sounds true enough.

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Aug 13, 2009, 10:43 PM

I'm gonna watch the card, even beyond the catfight.

If nothing else, it's an excuse to go out for drinks. :)

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

MotionMotionNew Member
Aug 14, 2009, 08:24 AM

I'll definitely be watching :D

Big EBig ENew Member
Aug 14, 2009, 08:45 AM

"Mari0k wrote:

I read that they will be showing some of the fights from ufc 100.
Sounds true enough.

They are in fact showing the bout, and they are going to air the Coleman match as well.

FiresoleFiresoleNew Member
Aug 14, 2009, 09:53 AM

"nappy roots wrote:

thats not a very good fight to me either. Shogun is overrated IMO and Machida is going to kill him.

I couldn't disagree more. I think it has the potential to be fight of the year.
Posted via Mobile Device