1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moon says criticism of Newton racially based

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Topdawg13, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    -Link-

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It’s unfortunate that such a great football player has become an idiot.

SICK, DeDolfan, ToddsPhins and 5 others like this.
  3. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Seriously Warren? :headscratch:

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Mike Tyson was a great boxer... just saying.

(not a racist statement)

ToddsPhins likes this.
  5. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    lol. yeah, but he bit someone's ear off b/c he's black. :001_rolleyes:

Moon is acting like a big freakin baby who's making every attempt to deflect an issue into something racial. That's one of the lowest forms of low IMO. Nothing pisses a non-racist person off more than calling them racist. On second thought, saying someone loves pickles when they can't stand them might be worse, but the racist thing is close behind it.

If Gabbert had been caught cheating multiple times, was issued a dozen various traffic violations, and was involved in a stolen laptop issue and massive recruitment controversy, then people would be scrutinizing him like crazy right now, too. Cam made his bed; now he gets to lay in it until he's completely earned back peoples' trust. He's no different than any other race in this regard.

Moon, stop whining and trying to hold your advisee to a different standard. **** off, Warren. I hope Moon realizes that he's provoking more racial tension with crap like this rather than lessening it.

6. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I just lost a lot of respect for Warren Moon. I gave him more credit than to come out with something like this. :pity:

7. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    the race card excuse has become quite old.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Ryan Mallett is in the same boat, hes getting all the drug, and bad-character stabs at him because hes black too........................wait............

Topdawg13 and ToddsPhins like this.
  9. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Moon did experience a lot of racism during his time for being a black quarterback.

It do not see why it is so hard to understand how he can see the parallels between his time and now.

We have come a long way since his time. It is not like Cam Newton has to go to the CFL to prove he has the cranial capacity to play quarterback.

Still I hope you all enjoy your views from your ivory towers.

Den54 likes this.
  10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Hes MAKING it racist.

Really? Is he? Or did he do criminal activities in his past, and there is a black cloud over him (that he created) ?

Did Blaine Gabbert or Christian Ponder get kicked out of school, steal, allegedly take tons of money (or ask for it), get their fathers suspended from games? Nope.

It's not cause hes black, its cause he has a history. Ryan Mallett isnt black, and hes getting a ton of criticism.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  11. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    View isn't all that. I've got ebony towers blocking my view. :wink2:

I see what you did there. :shifty:

SICK likes this.
  12. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    that can't be true, the ebony tower doesn't even go past the ceiling

13. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    weird i heard their towers were bigger.

ToddsPhins and Dol-Fan Dupree like this.
  14. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    That's only pre-construction. Once the towers are actually built, Dupree tells me they both have the same amount of floors. FWIW

SICK likes this.
  15. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    I'm sure its a little of both. There are probably some people that don't like Cam Newton because he's black. I'm sure there are some people that don't like Cam Newton because they think he has character issues. I'm sure there some people that don't like Cam Netwon because he's black but don't realize it and think its character issues. Its not a polarizing issue. There are a lot of spotswriters in this country and I'm sure there is a wide spread of emotions on towards Cam Netwon. If there are people that will rip Cam Netwon down simply because he chose Auburn..I'm sure there are those that will tear him down for other reasons. But, in all honesty...its a non-issue. Cam will go in the Top 5, get his money and then its on Cam. No one will remember Warren Moon's comments 6 months from now so really its not a very strong talking point. I blame the CBA.

texanphinatic likes this.