1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monkeys control robots with brain power

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by peastri, May 28, 2008.

1. peastri

peastri iD'Artiste Luxury Box

Mar 25, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,23773214-5014239,00.html

This is truly amazing imo, well maybe "amazing" isn't quite the right word as the concept isn't so far fetched these days. But imagine how many lives something like this could drastically change (presumably for the better). This to me is like a scientific feel good story :yes:

gafinfan and Celtkin like this.
  2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I wonder if we can overcome the same roadblocks in our own minds.. no matter, this just leads to more knowledge.. maybe our grandchildren will not be as "handicapped" as we are today. I'll tell ya. You younger folks are going to see some fantastic discoveries.. the more we learn, the more we can learn and as more folks come online, we will find even more brilliant people.

peastri likes this.
  3. peastri

peastri iD'Artiste Luxury Box

Mar 25, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    it'll probably just be taken for granted much like we do now :lol:

4. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

That is great. I saw something on TV a few weeks ago an experiment where they put sencers on a mans tongue and he was able to see again and a woman who couldn't stand was able to ride a bike. It seems that they are able to reroute signals to unused parts of the brain and reawaken those parts of the body. As cnc66 says you young people are living in some amazing times, have a great ride. :wink2::up: