1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monday Morning Dolphins: A long offseason ahead

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...nday-morning-dolphins-a-long-offseason-ahead/

2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    The reality is that the pieces other than HC and FO will fall into place as those two positions will ultimately determine who to pursue in FA and who to draft etc.

sports24/7 likes this.
  3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    We're really screwed with all the holes we have. because there are so many holes, we likely have to rely on B Albert again. We know he can't stay healthy and without a good backup tackle, our line will continue to get Tannehill killed when Albert is gone, not even considering whether the FO can improve the pass protection at guard.

mlb1399 likes this.
  4. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    At this point, I think T is as big of a need as G. Perhaps someone that can start at G and mov to T. It's been proven that we cannot depend on Albert to stay healthy for an entire season. Once he goes down, all hell breaks lose. At the very least, we need to find 2 OL that are better than Dallas Thomas so he doesn't see the field as a starter or back up to Albert.

I really don't know how we are going to rebuild this because of so many holes. I know it's not going to be done in one offseason. Hopefully our front office has accepted the fact that we are not ONE player or even ONE season away. Let's not make the big FA splash that has not worked well for us. Go for a quality starter at G, LB, S or CB. But don't break the bank.

We need to build the draft and reward players who we've developed like Miller and Vernon, assuming their demands aren't unreasonable for their play and the market.

5. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Our oline is bad. But I think people don't realize how bad they are. I think Dallas Thomas may be the worst guard in recent history. Fox is pretty terrible as well.

The flipside to that, is we if brought in just 3 or 4 average guys to play guard and be back ups at T and/or G, we'll be so much better it will be like night and day.

Also, if we had an OC who realizes there's more to mitigating bad pass pro then just 3 yards routes, we'd be in the playoffs.

6. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    getting good coaches and good front office people in will go a long way to fixing a lot of the issues. we will be able to draft good players and actually develop them instead of stunting there growth or making them worse.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I agree they are the worst..and have been the worst.

8. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    There is no leadership on this OL. Pouncey is the de facto leader. This is a much bigger problem than most realize.

Best case scenario your center IS the leader of your line, but your center is ideally one of the smartest,if not thee smartest guy on your team.

Dolphins should blow up this line and start over from scratch. Ya, I know, Albert and James are kind of unmovable until 17 but Pouncey might garner good draft compensation if he is traded. That is where the Dolphins should begin their revolution by trading Pouncey and drafting a brilliant talented young center like Kelly, and never give a 60 million dollar contract to a moron with durability issues again; and while I am at it, never use the 15th pick in the draft on a center again either. effin mindless idiots.

gunn34 likes this.