1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mocktastic

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by pennphinfan, Jul 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I must be really bored. my new job starts tomorrow so I have the day off and I'm sitting around and decided to do a mock. I was drafting for a 12 team league. Rip away:

QB: Roethlissomething, Bulger
    RB: Chris Johnson, Ronnie, Addai, Buckhalter, Ricky
    WR: Boldin, Desean Jackson, Lee Evans, Donnie Avery, Ginn, Galloway
    TE: Vernon Davis
    DEF: Green Bay
    K: didn't draft one

-I feel I may have waited a tad too long on QB, but i generally don't like drafting them high. I took Ben in the 9th.
    -My WRs are all sort of in the "if" category, but between all of them a couple should have decent seasons.
    - For my RB3 i had to choose between Addai and Thomas Jones.. I just couldn't draft a jet.

thoughts? Overall I'm kinda meh on it, but I always feel like that in a 12 team draft

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Yea, bad QBs for sure.

That and I wouldn't want to rely solely on Vernon Davis.

pennphinfan likes this.
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Why Buckhalter? 0.o

I like him but he'll probably be getting split carries with Moreno and the 3,000 other RBs that are on the Broncos.

4. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    i always liked Buck with the iggles. feel like he's a workhorse and never really got a shot behind westbrook. it's tough to say right now, if after camp knowshon is really impressing i would never make that pick. (obviously, it's way too early to do an actual draft). i just saw other people doing it and thought it'd be a nice way to waste some time :up:

anlgp likes this.
  5. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    That RB group looks like it's going to be a real cluster-**** for at least the first 4 weeks of the season.

6. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

Not a bad team. Bulger has nowhere to go but up, and Roethlisberger has become a pretty good fantasy QB, so I won't kill you for taking those two as your QBs.

I like your RBs; there's a lot of "buy low" there. Pretty good receivers, too, and I think Donnie Avery might be headed for a big year.

Vernon Davis...eh, you can probably pick up someone better off the waiver wire.

7. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Buck is absolutely a work horse, I agree. Whenever Westbrook was out with an injury (read: every year he's had an injury) Buck stepped up, took over the reigns and ran some good ball. Even when Westbrook was in he was a good spell back that didn't get his due from a lot of Philly fans.