1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mock Draft - 3 rds by War Room Report

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    1) Miami Dolphins: Jake Long OT- Michigan Wolverines

First and foremost the Dolphins would like to explore the possibility of trading down in order to acquire more draft picks in what is a daunting task of rebuilding one of the worst teams in NFL recent memory. There are a few possibilities here at this selection, however the Dolphins are currently in negotiations with only one prospect—and that prospect is Jake Long. Rumor has it that the Dolphins have given Jake Long a deadline to get a deal ironed out, if that timeline is surpassed that reportedly they are going to move on to either Chris Long or Vernon Gholston—the smart money as of this second is actually on Vernon Gholston if the Jake Long talks breakdown. The Dolphins as well as every other team in the National Football League witnessed the sort of impact the #3 overall pick in the 2007 Draft Joe Thomas had in turning around a poor offensive line into an above average line in just one season. Jake Long would allow the Dolphins to move Vernon Carey to right tackle, and those two along with free agent acquisition left guard Justin Smiley and 2007 draft pick Samson Satele would make what was a laughable unit all of a sudden a solid building block of what is going to be a long rebuilding plan. Some feel that this talk with Jake Long is all just a smokescreen to lower the bar for the asking price for their “mystery” selection, and before receiving hate mail from the Dolphin contingent out there, don’t pretend like it would be beneath Bill Parcells to use Jake Long as a pawn to strike the right price with the prospect they want all along. Personally, I think the Dolphins mind set is on defense, but Jake Long essentially fixes three issues with one pick, and although things may change later this week, as of right now I am most confident in projecting offensive tackle Jake Long to the #1 overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

32) Miami Dolphins: Chad Henne QB- Michigan Wolverines

At this point it is tough to foresee Chad Henne lasting until the 2nd round, some scouts feel he will even go as high as the middle portion of the 1st round, I would expect some franchise looking for a QB who also has a high 2nd round selection to make one of those annual trades where a player falls further than expected and a team covets making a trade back into the lower portion of Round 1 in order to guarantee they can select that player. If the Dolphins do indeed pass on QB Matt Ryan with the 1st overall selection in the 2008 NFL Draft as speculated, then expect them to target one of the other QB prospects with this selection. Chad Henne fits the description of what Bill Parcells looks for in a young QB—tall, well built, cerebral QB—the Miami Dolphins would do well if they were to pick their #1 draft pick Jake Long’s teammate at Michigan and give their offense a whole new look in 2008.

57) Miami Dolphins: Cliff Avril DE- Purdue Boilermakers

In order for the Miami Dolphins 3-4 defensive scheme to operate at a high level they need top notch performers at the outside linebacker position. The Dolphins were pursuing free agent Calvin Pace with vigor, so we know that they want to add a defensive playmaker at the outside. Cliff Avril is an outstanding athlete who would make a lot of sense at this selection. Avril was outstanding at the Combine and the individual workouts and alleviated all concerns in regards to whether or not he could translate full time to outside linebacker in the 3-4 scheme and would be able to develop under Jason Taylor and Joey Porter in 2008 before he is ready for full-time duty in 2009.

link to rest of mock
    http://warroomreport.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=298&Itemid=1&limit=1&limitstart=2

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    The more i see people listing Henne as our second pick, and the more i read about him/hear people talking about him the more I think there is a good chance that if we are indeed looking for a QB in this draft that he could definitely be our guy. The guys on Sirius NFL network were talking alot about Henne probably being the third QB taken in the draft, after Ryan, and Brohm, projecting him to go maybe late first round, or early second. Interesting indeed... I wouldnt mind Henne, but It bugs me thinking that we have Beck sitting there, a 2nd round pick last year and IMO we still havent given him a fair shot at the job, and we have some other needs we need to take care of first. Although, I guess it never hurts though to have an extra talented QB on your roster...