1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MLB Franchise MVP for Android (similar to MLB the Show)

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by fins4o8, Nov 28, 2013.

1. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mlb.FranchiseMVP

Such an awesome game for Android. Think of this as MLB the Show for mobile devices. You play by swiping on the screen. It helps to play on a tablet or a phone with a large screen, Galaxy Note 3. You create your player & what position to play then play to level him up to get the ML. You start off in A ball for your favorite baseball team. Worth checking out for all MLB the Show fans and the game is free. There is IAP if you want to boost your player faster but you still can play w/o using IAP. You can train & buy gear to help your player perform better.

The biggest drawback to this game is there isn't an option to save multiple players. If you want to play a different position, you are going to have to restart a new game. I added the request to save multiple games in the game review so hopefully they will give us that option down the road. That way it will provide higher replay value.

2. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    Currently playing for my beloved SF Giants & I'm playing CF.

My A-ball stats so far after 10 games:

W L R H 2b 3b HR RBI BB SO SB AVG FC(fielding chances) FA(fielding assist) E DP F%

2 8 0 14 2 0 0 3 5 6 0 .318 37 29 8 0 2 1.000

not bad .318 avg so far but my team sucks bad, 2-8. =( Still haven't figured out how to hit a #b or HR's. Probably need to boost up my stat a bit but I'm wondering if strong I swipe plays a hand in hitting HR's or not.

EDIT: how you swipe plays a big part in batting. Still can't figure out how to steal a base or hit 3B/HR yet.

EDIT 2: Swiping fast & hard so far has played off for me. So far I can easily hit 2B by pulling the bar. Will try opposite field hitting to see if its easier than pulling the ball. Since so far I'm a career .400 hitter, I tried IAP purchases to double the gold (1.99) & MLB bucks (4.99) earned so I can buy gear faster but I don't think it's working properly. Says I already purchased but I haven't seen the charge yet. You can win 1 MLB buck by winning "Player of the Game". I've won PoG four times so far for 1 each so the purchase didn't go through.

3. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    Ok, I finally got enough cash & MLB bucks to buy gear. Gear that you equip takes a beating and will need to be repaired so it doesn't lose its stat bonus. Be warned that if you buy a gear with cash, then you need cash to repair it. If you purchased a gear with MLB bucks, you will need MLB bucks to repair it. Sadly, I bought a few gear with MLB bucks but don't have enough to repair it so far.

So there is a progress bar that shows you your progress after each game. Your performance per game determines if the bar goes up or down. I just got done filling up the bar & got promoted to AA ball. So you get promoted when you fill up the bar completely or get demoted when the bar goes in the opposite way.

Stupid me forgot to post my A ball stats. Another negative is they don't provide stats for your previous level so you can't look up what you did and there isn't enough stats but stat junkies but understandable. I just wished there were some more stats.

Found another negative, runs on base don't take extra bases like how they do in real baseball. If there is a man on 2B and you hit a long single, that runner on 2B would only advance one base only.

Difficulty does go up as you progress higher. I'm currently hitting .321 after 30 games & ranked 1st in hitting but only have filled 1/4 of the progress bar.

Sadly, repairing gets expensive & needs to be toned down a bit. I'm being charged an avg of 200ish coins total after each game to repair all my gear. You can have up to 4 gears (bat, glove, cleats & accessory). Sadly, I'm unable to maintain the gears I bought with MLB bucks. I had to buy lower gear that cost coins.

I think they need to raise up the awards for performance a bit.

So my double coins & mlb bucks earned finally kicked in. of course, it activates when i'm performing averagely.

4. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    So I decided to take a chance & start over to see if "double the coins & mlb bucks" will still be on my new guy and it did. Once you restart the game, you get a certain amount of coins & start with at least 1 gear from all 4 gear options.

So I changed to LF & my first hit was a HR. So I'm guessing if you play a power position, you should be able to hit HR's easier. As a CF, I wasn't able to hit a HR after 50 games or so. Ok, I got cocky after my 1st AB for a HR. I have yet to hit another HR after my 1st ever AB for a HR. I've played a total of 8 games so far with a .408 avg & 1 HR 2 RBI. I'm really bad with RiSP so far.

You get a major jump on the progress bar if you win "Player of the Game".