1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Williams Released By Titans

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by sking29, Jul 31, 2008.

1. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Their receivers have been impressive this off-season. Roydell Williams wasn't bad last year and McCariens is catching on. I believe they re-hired Mike Himerdinger who was their OC when McNair won co-MVP (I believe it was that year). Their WR's as a group aren't the best but are solid. They are having trouble with their draft pick Hawkins, out of Cali. He's having trouble getting off the LOS.

As for Williams, I think he's done. I'd be surprised if anyone signed him unless he is willing to move to TE which I don't think he wants to.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I can recall articles about Williams change of atitude and losing weight and all of that, at the end of the day, he is cut before the first preseason game.

Que tape of Kiper:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
    Ronnie Bass likes this.
  4. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Agreed about Williams being done because if he had the talent he was supposed to have he would have made it.

Also Himerdinger was the OC I am 99% confident when McNair won the Co-MVP actually I know he was the guy before Chow so that would sync up. Also McCariens was good the last time he was in Tennessee which was the year McNair won the Co-MVP because he had a good playoff game against NE that year.

Actually the biggest plus for them I think was getting Crumpler at TE.

Still disappointing for Williams though.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah, McCariens was pretty good for them. I remember that playoff game and that whole year. Loved McNair while with the Titans. Hated seeing him in Ravens colors.

I agree on Crumpler. He's going to be a big target for Young to rely on like Vick did.

Doubt it with Kiffin there and them already having four receivers they live in Carter, Curry, Higgins and Walker.

6. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    And he gets totally looked over when talking about big offseason moves, I mean two years ago he was a top 3 TE and now its like he's fallen off the edge of the earth.

I guarantee he will be back in the top 5 TEs this year for sure.

Also on McNair I always liked watching him as well (and that's all you see in TN :wink2:) he was tough as nails and laid his heart on the line each week.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah, he was very good a couple years ago. I don't know how much you could say about his play last year. I believe he was fighting injuries all year (wasn't he?) and he had a below average to average QB.

Respected the hell out of him for that.

8. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Not sure about injuries but he had to deal with an awful group of QBs and that's enough for him to fail.

Young may not be a great or even good pure QB but he is better than what the Falcons have and I see him (Young) definitely on par with Vick, so that's why Crumpler should have a great year.

alen1 likes this.
  9. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    Man, what a shame. This guy had so much talent too. Him and Charles Rodgers were HUGE busts in the NFL.

sking29 likes this.
  10. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    The minute Williams trains as a receiving TE is the minute teams start getting intrigued.

He has the best chance to. Petrino also didn't use the TE as much as a receiver in Atlanta. Crumpler will have a rebound year this season provided Young doesn't deteriorate now that QB guru Chow is gone. A Pro Bowl TE (or a Pro Bowl WR with size) is a blessing to almost every young QB.