1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Pouncey Sighting

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finsincebirth, Mar 25, 2011.

1. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    So Im sitting on campus today and Mike Pouncey and who might have been Marcus Gilbert and some guy are leaving the stadium and talking. I can't make out everything they are saying, but I do hear Mike say something about going to Miami.

ToddsPhins, CrunchTime and djphinfan like this.
  2. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I didn't know he's a techno guy. Hmmm. Who'd a thunk it?! :shifty:

3. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    It could be a good offensive offseason if we ended up with Pouncey, DeAngelo Williams, Greg Little, TE Jordan Cameron, RT David Mims, WC-QB Tyrod Taylor, COP RB Nic Grigsby.

MrClean likes this.
  4. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I think Pouncey might be my #1 target in the draft now. Nice to hear Miami's interested.

CrunchTime likes this.
  5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    This is hardly Dolphins related. Just because you may have overheard him say something about going to Miami, doesn't mean it was football related. Lots of people go to Miami. Its a great place to visit.

6. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    No it was definitely football related. The other play (Gilbert) mentioned something about coaches.

GISH likes this.
  7. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    So you could not hear everything but out of all that nothing you heard Miami and coaches ? er, right.

8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

ToddsPhins likes this.
  9. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I have no doubt you heard that bro and I agree the comments were most likely were related to the draft.

I am sure the Dolphins have been talking to everyone who is likely to be within reach of our pick .

That does not mean we will draft him but I would not be upset if we did .In fact I would prefer that pick than a QB we are not convinced of .

MrClean and ToddsPhins like this.
  10. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    Yes, I was sitting on a bench in front of the O'dome as they crossed the street from where the stadium was. I stopped what I was doing when I heard them talking and tried the best I could to listen, but short of following them I couldn't hear much.

And Sick? What Shenanigans?

11. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    I honestly couldn't tone if what he was saying was positive or negative towards going to Miami, because I really had no context on it.

12. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Just joking....lol

finsincebirth likes this.
  13. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    My bad :up:

SICK likes this.
  14. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    I'm glad he started this thread in the Miami Dolphins section. IMO, it's 100% Dolphins related.

15. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    Damn, jump right out and call the guy a liar, huh? Kinda harsh don't ya think?

16. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'd assume if Pouncey and Gilbert were talking about Miami, perhaps they're both coming in for private workouts. I know Miami had met with both of them before the Gators Pro Day. The fact that the Fins are bringing in every quarterback prospect from Cam Newton to Tyrod Taylor (quite a range), they're probably just doing due diligence on a potential LG/C and a RT prospect, and I'm pretty certain Pouncey is going to be in play at 15, or wherever the Fins pick in round 1.

17. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    I'd take Pouncey over Ingram 999 times out of 1000. The only instance in those 1000 scenarios where I would pick Ingram is if I'm dead.

18. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Yes please.

19. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Agree. Pouncey is most definitely in play, and knowing this regime I wouldn't be surprised if the prioritized Oline over a running back, especially if Ireland has an affinity for Lex.

20. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Why would you pick Ingram if you're dead? Do you plan on not being a Fins fan at this future juncture in your life?

21. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Could be? I'd have to think that would be a nice little haul. I hope we make some good choices as for upgrading the offense. The best way to improve the defense, isn't be changing any of the 2 deep at any positions as much as it is about upgrading the offense. IMO anyway.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  22. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Thanks. Always nice when you agree, fellow baldy. lol.

Good point------- about offense helping our defense. That would definitely allow us to stay fresher and play more aggressively b/c if we score more points then Wake and Co could have a better opportunity to apply more pressure, no?

23. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Yes! and I hope we're done with this "possession based" mentality when it comes to drafting. I'd think the scenario I mentioned would be completely doable. What would be your preference if we're stuck at 15?

24. MrClean

I stopped having individual preferences because 95% of the time who I want ain't the pick. So I just hope we get some guys on offense that will help that unit stay on the field longer. One player I'd like at some point is Stefen Wisniewski. I wanted us to draft his uncle back in '89, along with the other Polak OL, Stepnoski, but Shula knew better and took Sammie F'ing Smith.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  25. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    :lol: I'm not really sure that was his middle name...... lol.

I wouldn't mind Wis if we're able to trade back. I don't see how we could go wrong with taking him in the late 2nd..... or if he somehow fell to our 3rd. Would you plug him at LG?

26. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I told myself that after last draft...... but then Little had to mess it up for me. dammit.

27. MrClean

Decide where we want Incognito to play, C or G, then let him compete for the other spot. Wis could maybe solve the C problems too, if we like Richie better at LG. It is pretty obvious though, we don't want to go with Berger all season as our C, if we want to run much in the A gap. Also, could have Garner make a push for starter too.
    Could be Long, Garner, Incognito, Jerry, Carey, as likely as anything else. I seem to recall a few people calling Jerry a bust and giving up on him already. Such thoughts are shortsighted, foolhardy, and premature IMO. That said, maybe our best bet would be draft Carimi and move Carey inside to one guard spot. That could leave Garner and Berger as swingmen and the 6th and 7th OL. Good versatility in our main reserves is important. You would have to like the potential of a line of Long, Carey, Incognito, Jerry and Carimi to move some people off the ball, huh?