1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Pereira on the fins late hit

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by emale2u1, Dec 23, 2009.

1. emale2u1

emale2u1 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Mike Pereira, head of the NFL referees agrees with the call of a 15 yard penalty against Greg Camerillo.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8153727a/Official-review

For the record, I have seen much worse hits on players "not down" on the ground. At this point of the game this penalty should not have been called. He also should have been asked about when the whistle was blown and if it wasn't blown why not?

2. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    that was a BS call and the fact that Mike says it was the correct call just makes him look like a dumb ***. Fact of the matter is that the DB went from his side to his knees before Greg hits him AND IF the refs are so interested in protecting the players why not blow the whistle?

If they are about protecting the players as he says they are how come EVERY Sunday you see runningbacks getting stuck AFTER they are down by contact?

3. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    its water under the bridge so dont really matter
    im on the fence on the call
    at the heat of the moment i thought the call was ticky tack
    looked like a garbage call
    after watching the game again the other night cam should have just ran up and touched him
    perera loves to spin this calls and back his boys
    but he is right
    for the record if anyone expects consistency from officials
    you are flat out fooling yourself

4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Nice spin piece.

Thunderbolt89 likes this.
  5. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    it was a chicken**** call, and i expected nothing less from this waste of a segment. he always sides with his boneheaded colleagues. this was a terrible call in over-time with the game on the line. i watched games this past week, where db's and wr's were KILLING eachother in the secondary, and the refs let em just play. this was a joke, and he can go piss off....and save our damn time.

6. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    mike pererra sole reason for doing that piece is cover the refs *** on bs Calls and blatantly insult our intelligence

brandon27, Merauder, mroz and 2 others like this.
  7. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Yeah I was waiting for this segment to air this week and of course,I knew it that he would try and spin this as a good call. That call was absolutely horrible,I usually am not one to harp on bad calls after games but this one was just that unbelievable. I realize that mistakes will be made but there has to be some accountability or even just say they will take a look into it,not flat out say it was a good call. Oh well,on to next week I suppose and I hope there are no calls like that again.

8. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I swear, referees should be fined for every single blatantly blown call.

dirtywhiteboy likes this.
  9. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    we took a serious beating from the refs this year. the saints game alone, was a total abomination. sorry, but im just pissed at the zebras for screwing us on many an occasion in this already difficult as hell season, with schedules and injuries what they were.

Frumundah Finnatic and Merauder like this.
  10. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    whats new? Fins have been getting screwed by the refs since Shula left.

11. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    The fact that he had to come out and say he agrees with the call makes me even more angry. Should have just shut the f*** up and not said anything. Can't wait until this POS retires. You won't be missed Mike.

12. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    You got it. Dead on. What a joke this league is becoming...

13. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Fans should be allowed to vote on refs performances league-wide. At the end of the year, of course, no ref woul dhave higher than a 30% approval rating. LOL.

That said, you could still see how the ref's stacked up compared to each OTHER.

I mean, this in house review of their calls is obviously useless as a dry cow puck if it's anywhere near as lax as the crap Perreira was spewing there.

14. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Got to love how he doesnt mention that no whistle was blown.

15. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    What a joke. The only thing "unnecessary" about the play was the call, which ultimately decided the game.

16. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I kept waiting and waiting during the replays for the commentator to say something like, "Well, what about Chad Henne getting nailed 2 seconds after he threw it? Is there a rule against that?" The camera view they used didn't show the late hit there though.

It's still a BS call...Cam was pushed and did nothing wrong.

17. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Bad, bad call. Period. But, it's history. Time to move on.

18. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    it is way past time to move on
    reading this thread leads me to believe that we have lost 7 games because of the officials
    get over it people
    bad calls happen all the time
    the refs will never be held accountable
    just ask the seahawks
    they had to face a referee from pittsburgh in the SB

19. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Yeah.....whenever you think it's bad to be a Dolfan...... just think, you could have been a Seahawks fan.

Killerphins likes this.
  20. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    It was ticky tack, but it was the right call.

If it was VD that gave himself up and Moss hit him, you all would be crying murder, get over it people. The officials are protecting the players and they are doing what the owners want them to do.

21. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Your the first person aside from Mike Pereira that i've heard say that was a good call...that's including the Titans fans :lol:

22. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    If there was no whistle blown, then Cam was doing the right thing. What if the DB got up and ran for a TD? Then the guys on offense would be held accountable for not touching him down and allowing a pick six to occur. Cam did the right thing, %$#@ what the NFL thinks.

23. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    That's the thing that bothers me the most, there was no whistle and the guy was in the process of getting up. Hell the other Titan that was there (Don't remember who it was?) Was pulling him up screaming at him to get up and run... How much you wanna bet if Camarillo didn't tag him and the guy got up and ran it in the endzone they would have gave him a TD as well?