1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Nolan emerges in Miami's Organization.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Apr 23, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I had originally thought Defensive Coordinator Mike Nolan was brought in to be a "make do" DC, his job was to shuffle the lineup and squeeze productivity out of the players on the roster as he did in Denver.

Well, that was wrong, since Nolan's arrival:

-40 million on Karlos Dansby
    -#28..Jared Odrick

Mike Nolan is receiving whatever resources he has asked for, that is alot different from what I'd thought would happen, and with the news that we are shifting to a Hybrid 3-4/4-3, a move that Nolan is overseeing, it is clear that Nolan has emerged as a major player with the Dolphins.

DolfanJake, DOLPHAN1, eric and 6 others like this.
  2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Frankly, I'm a little surprised there giving him as much rope as they appear to be giving. Not bad for a guy who was hired nearly at the last minute.

3. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Expect plenty more defensive picks to come from this draft to.

4. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I would expect at least one more defensive pick today. I would like to spend at least our third on offense, whether it is an o-line player or a tight end project.

jetssuck likes this.
  5. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Aaron Hernandez :up:

6. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I was thinking of starting a thread like this:up: I also believe that if Nolan isn't on board with the Dolphins, we never go after Brandon Marshall. I think it is clear that Nolan is playing a hugh part of this offseason.

DolfanJake, dolfan7171 and padre31 like this.
  7. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

He really has......and it's obvious that he's more concerned with getting the DL the way he wants it than anything else. It's his focal point, he wants his guys up front to blow up the play... and LB's to clean up. He's gotta have the right guys to make it happen.

I'm as excited about him coming here as any move we've made this off season.... what a gift from McDaniels

8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And was the #2 choice behind the Steelers Lb Coach.

30 million for Dansby as well as 50 million for BMarsh, and now the #28 pick on a guy to fit his Scheme.

And he was hired right before the Senior Bowl..in January, in 90 days Mike Nolan has made one large footprint in Miami.

Not that I mind, let him do his thing.

9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I feel the same way, Saban/Muschamp were top defensive minds...for 2 seasons...after those two we haven't had a top flight DC since the heady days of Bill Arnsparger.

10. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    I could see them get a Major Wright that Nolan is in love with.

11. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Haven't we already been a 3-4/4-3 hybrid? Doesn't really matter to me. We've got a bunch of young, versatile players on the line. Let them move around and rotate and create mismatches. Now we need to get a linebacker or two.