1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Mayock's Top Fives

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by UCF FINatic, Jan 24, 2012.

1. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    "Quarterbacks
    1. Andrew Luck*, Stanford
    2. Robert Griffin III*, Baylor
    3. Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M
    4-5. Open to competition.

Notes: Mayock left open slots four and five and says he's waiting for the next tier to create separation. Per Mayock, the "next" group is comprised of Brandon Weeden (Oklahoma State), Brock Osweiler* (Arizona State), Nick Foles (Arizona), Kirk Cousins (Michigan State), and Ryan Lindley (San Diego State). In terms of potential to be top-five draft-eligible passers, undersized Kellen Moore (Boise State) and Russell Wilson (Wisconsin) did not warrant mentions from Mayock, although he did praise Moore's football intelligence and compared Wilson to Doug Flutie."

As usual he has certain rankings that go against the grain like Riley Rieff over Jonathan Martin, Dre Kirkpatrick as his #5 CB and Markelle Martin as his #4 S. That being said, that is one of the reasons I like Mayock so much, he tells it like it is as opposed to other "opinion heads" that just want to fit in. It's a good read.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/39725/60/draft-2012-mayocks-top-fives?pg=1

2. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I like Osweiler, ASU's quarterback, and not just because I am an alumni. He's 6'8" and has really good mobility....he just needs a little more experience and coaching. If he drops to the third round I would take him. I am hoping we trade down for an extra pick....take Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor, then take a TE like Fleener or Dwayne Allen, then go with the BPA in round two.

padre31 likes this.