1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Mayock mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Claymore95, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    All three tackles going in the top 4, so he has us reaching for Fluker at #12. I really, really, hope this doesn't happen. He's not at all in the mould of athletic lineman that we're told Philbin likes or our scheme calls for, plus reaching for a player when there's a run on a position is a recipe for disaster.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/mike-mayock/171006

To make matters worse, he has the Jets getting Jordan and Eifert with their two picks.

2. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

6 OL in the top 12 picks, wow.

I'd be pretty unhappy with Fluker if the draft pans out the way Mayock has it.

3. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    I would wonder if Philbin would kick Fluker inside. When I see his game. I see a guard capable of playing RT. So if the two top guards are gone. Maybe. Just maybe.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Fluker would be my worst case draft scenario (of semi-realistic prospects).

5. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    If we take Fluker, and the Jests nab Eifert one pick later, I'm going to have a meltdown similar to the Pat White Experience.

texanphinatic likes this.
  6. bmicO

bmicO New Member

Mar 25, 2013
    I really hope we don't take Fluker but i think it's unlikely, he's strictly a RT and we could have signed Winston for a very reasonable price if we were that concerned about the spot or felt comfortable with Martin at LT. All the interest in Albert shows you they want a LT, be that through the draft or trade and with Martin already on the roster taking a RT this early doesn't make much sense to me.

The problem with one guy doing a mock like this to me is that it's nearly impossible to follow all 32 teams closely enough to know what they're thinking or where the needs really are. Obviously we need a tackle but our situation makes it unlikely we take Fluker (to me anyway) whereas someone doing an entire mock draft just sees that we need an OT ad gives us the best one available (on his board anyway, i think Fluker looks awful as a prospect).

7. ItsDFresh

ItsDFresh Beast Mode

Feb 21, 2013
    New Jersey
    Vote no for fluker.