1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft's Post Windows OS In The Works

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by sking29, Jul 30, 2008.

1. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    It appears so. The details are well...quite detailed, so I've included the link below.

This is my continuation of the Make Windows XP look like Vista post I made in the Lounge but since this is more tech centered I felt it would be best to post it here. It may be a little too bland and non-interesting for the Lounge. :up:

Here's the link:
    http://www.sdtimes.com/MICROSOFT_S_PLANS_FOR_POST_WINDOWS_OS_REVEALED/About_CLOUDCOMPUTING_and_MOBILEDEVELOPMENT_and_NET_and_SOASAAS_and_SOFTWAREDEVELOPMENT_and_WINDOWS_and_MICROSOFT/32627

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  2. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

Very interesting, but so many questions

3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    There's no such thing as a non-Windows OS from Microsoft. There are projects with codenames, but rest assured that if this comes to market at any point in the future, it will be named Windows.

That is, unless the Windows name becomes just so tarnished that Microsoft decides a new name is in order, but I don't see that happening.

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I am sure the Post Post Vista OS is also in the works.

It is not like they release an OS and then wait a few years to start on the next one. The next one is generally started on before the one is released.

5. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    it may not say "windows" but it will be just another fancier version of it, complete with instability and crashing.

6. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Jeez you guys like to take the fun out of things. :lol:

7. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It was in the works when Vista was still in the works. Microsoft generally has three operating systems in development at any one time.

The post-Vista Windows is codenamed Windows 7.