Miami's Next HC - is Mike McDaniel! (4 yr contract)
892 replies
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Deebo was only a 2nd round pick. It is not like the guy is all world Calvin Johnson type player. Lynn Bowden Jr. probably won't be as good, but he could be effective in a similar role.
I don't know if you guys remember me talking several years ago about my daughter's high school team winning back to back to back state championships (they went to 5 in a row, won 3)? Guess who their RB was- Deebo. I've watched him since he was 13 and even then, he was a man playing around boys. Pure stud of an athlete and he was basically the entire offense in high school as well.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"brandon27 wrote:
Yes it is. Because in the case of Deebo versus Lynn Bowden Jr. The grass certainly is greener on the other side because Samuel is the far more talented player and likely always will be and Bowden has proven nothing that can even lump him into the same discussion; let alone to be considering him as the reason we should consider hiring McDaniel to build an offense around... Lynn Bowden Jr like they've done in SF with Samuel. Grass certainly is greener; always will be in regards to these two players and you can comfortably bet the house on that.
I get it. He is a Dolphin. He sucks.
Hard to take y'all serious sometimes.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"KeyFin wrote:
I don't know if you guys remember me talking several years ago about my daughter's high school team winning back to back to back state championships (they went to 5 in a row, won 3)? Guess who their RB was- Deebo. I've watched him since he was 13 and even then, he was a man playing around boys. Pure stud of an athlete and he was basically the entire offense in high school as well.
That is what Bowden was in high school and at Kentucky. He was their offense.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Alright. You are being silly.
You are saying Lynn Bowden can be comparable to one of the most dynamic players in the league.
I'm silly though.
Samuel is 5'11" 220 lbs of solid muscle.
Bowden is 5'11" 195 soaking wet.
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
You are saying Lynn Bowden can be comparable to one of the most dynamic players in the league.
I'm silly though.
Samuel is 5'11" 220 lbs of solid muscle.
Bowden is 5'11" 195 soaking wet.
I get it, he is a Dolphin. He sucks.
That is remotely comparable.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Serpico Jones wrote:
Major update from Armando Salguero.
https://www.outkick.com/the-jim-harbaugh-mystery-multiple-nfl-teams-are-considering/
We mentioned that yesterday as it was first breaking, but this article actually goes quite a bit deeper and alleges we had him interview in Minnesota so Ross wouldn't feel guilty for stealing him from Michigan. It also says that the front office doesn't want Harbaugh because he'll bring his own executives....which mean Grier would be out as well (or at least demoted). Vic Fangio would run the defense.
Very exciting news and I think it will actually happen...we should know in the next few days either way now that it's broken.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
I get it, he is a Dolphin. He sucks.
That is remotely comparable.
Yes, they are remotely comparable. They are the same height. You got me there.
You probably think Devante Parker is a top 15 wide receiver in the league too.
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
Yes, they are remotely comparable. They are the same height. You got me there.
You probably think Devante Parker is a top 15 wide receiver in the league too.
See what I mean? Y'all just here to hate.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"KeyFin wrote:
We mentioned that yesterday as it was first breaking, but this article actually goes quite a bit deeper and alleges we had him interview in Minnesota so Ross wouldn't feel guilty for stealing him from Michigan. It also says that the front office doesn't want Harbaugh because he'll bring his own executives....which mean Grier would be out as well (or at least demoted). Vic Fangio would run the defense.
Very exciting news and I think it will actually happen...we should know in the next few days either way now that it's broken.
That is as tin foil hat as can be. I also don't understand the logic of Ross needing to go through this many hoops.
"Fireland wrote:
That is as tin foil hat as can be. I also don't understand the logic of Ross needing to go through this many hoops.
He's fiercely loyal to Michigan and won't do anything to directly hurt them. When you're a billionaire, this isn't any hoops at all...you just tell people to do it.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
He's fiercely loyal to Michigan and won't do anything to directly hurt them. When you're a billionaire, this isn't any hoops at all...you just tell people to do it.
If he is orchestrating all that then he isn't directly hurting them. The case would have to be that he doesn't what to catch flack for doing it but with the money he donates to them nobody there is going to say a word.
The Wirfs helping him bit is just too ridiculous. That kind of speculation shouldn't be taken seriously.
"Fireland wrote:
If he is orchestrating all that then he isn't directly hurting them. The case would have to be that he doesn't what to catch flack for doing it but with the money he donates to them nobody there is going to say a word.
The Wirfs helping him bit is just too ridiculous. That kind of speculation shouldn't be taken seriously.
Oh, I agree with that part...Ross is too stupid to orchestrate all of that. But there could be a shred of truth in there.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
Oh, I agree with that part...Ross is too stupid to orchestrate all of that. But there could be a shred of truth in there.
Its not really a stretch. Wilf and Ross are buddies. Ross could've just asked his buddy to do him a solid and interview Harbaugh. That would show Harbaugh's intent to get back to the NFL. This gives Ross the avenue to then step in and get Harbaugh while staying true to his word; he can get his guys and still show his loyalty to Michigan.
SICK;944668 wrote:
that and.....the city of jacksonville sucks.
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
I get it. He is a Dolphin. He sucks.
Hard to take y'all serious sometimes.
Well; that escalated quickly. Who said anything about the fact that he sucks because he's a dolphin? Who said he sucks at all? Way to take it to a pointless extreme. Not sure why the attitude; as you're the one trying to compare Deebo Samuel to Lynn Bowden Jr; but ok. I readily admitted Bowden has talent but is raw... but you're right he sucks because he's a Dolphin :001_rolleyes: Give me a break...

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!
"brandon27 wrote:
Well; that escalated quickly. Who said anything about the fact that he sucks because he's a dolphin? Who said he sucks at all? Way to take it to a pointless extreme. Not sure why the attitude; as you're the one trying to compare Deebo Samuel to Lynn Bowden Jr; but ok. I readily admitted Bowden has talent but is raw... but you're right he sucks because he's a Dolphin :001_rolleyes: Give me a break...
There are only a few players who I do not think are comparable. Deebo Samuel is not one of them. He is not a Rob Gronkowski of his position. He is a very good player. The problem is most people look at NFL athletes and think there is a huge difference between them. There isn't that big of one. A lot of it comes down to the ability to put in the extra work and having better vision.
It is not crazy to think that Lynn Bowden Jr. could provide some of what Deebo does in their own way.
How else do we even talk about the team if we cannot compare players to each other? But just hate on me.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
There are only a few players who I do not think are comparable. Deebo Samuel is not one of them. He is not a Rob Gronkowski of his position. He is a very good player. The problem is most people look at NFL athletes and think there is a huge difference between them. There isn't that big of one. A lot of it comes down to the ability to put in the extra work and having better vision.
It is not crazy to think that Lynn Bowden Jr. could provide some of what Deebo does in their own way.
How else do we even talk about the team if we cannot compare players to each other? But just hate on me.
Nobody is hating on anyone man. Chill out and stop acting like a child ffs.
I don't really agree with the first part of your statement either. What Deebo Samuel has done this year at the RB and WR position has been impressive. Theres not many guys in this league that can do that from both positions. I do get what you're saying though that these guys are the elite of the elite athletes in the world. Systems and surrounding talent certainly has alot to do with that, and I believe SF has alot more of that than we do along the OL especially that helps Samuel hae some room and pick up next level blocks.
Nobodys hating on anyone; we just don't agree fully on the matter & that's ok. Doesn't mean anything more than a disagreement of opinion... jeez.

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!
"KeyFin wrote:
We mentioned that yesterday as it was first breaking, but this article actually goes quite a bit deeper and alleges we had him interview in Minnesota so Ross wouldn't feel guilty for stealing him from Michigan. It also says that the front office doesn't want Harbaugh because he'll bring his own executives....which mean Grier would be out as well (or at least demoted). Vic Fangio would run the defense.
Very exciting news and I think it will actually happen...we should know in the next few days either way now that it's broken.
If true, that is music to my ears. Finally, a good move is made by Ross for once. Still sounds too good to be true. I am expecting Grier to fuck it up somehow.
.... seems like a lot of info when the Dolphins have kept so quiet.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"brandon27 wrote:
Nobody is hating on anyone man. Chill out and stop acting like a child ffs.
I don't really agree with the first part of your statement either. What Deebo Samuel has done this year at the RB and WR position has been impressive. Theres not many guys in this league that can do that from both positions. I do get what you're saying though that these guys are the elite of the elite athletes in the world. Systems and surrounding talent certainly has alot to do with that, and I believe SF has alot more of that than we do along the OL especially that helps Samuel hae some room and pick up next level blocks.
Nobodys hating on anyone; we just don't agree fully on the matter. Doesn't mean anything more than a disagreement of opinion... jeez.
Just curious who are you arguing with?I don't see any quotes.
"pumpdogs wrote:
Just curious who are you arguing with?I don't see any quotes.
I don't see any either. Must be someone who blocked us...
"Galant wrote:
I thought he interviewed already.
:/
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
I thought he interviewed already.
:/
I’m about to cut off media till they have a coach. Reading the tea leaves is impossible now and it’s causing me angst.
There really is no reason to think that Lynn Bowden can be anything close to Deebo, that's just wishful thinking. It would be nice if we could get SOMETHING out of him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him not be on the roster instead.
It's not impossible, but literally every team and fanbase are going to be searching their rosters, drafts and FA targets for "their" Deebo/special weapon. It's just silly.
I'd be interested to see what a McDaniel can do with Waddle though. Obviously a different player than Deebo, but the speed/quickness should be something that a smart guy can harness and work with much more than we did last year. I'd also be interested in seeing what we could do with Giesicki, who seems to lack consistency despite having all the tools you want.
"M1NDCRlME wrote:
Its not really a stretch. Wilf and Ross are buddies. Ross could've just asked his buddy to do him a solid and interview Harbaugh. That would show Harbaugh's intent to get back to the NFL. This gives Ross the avenue to then step in and get Harbaugh while staying true to his word; he can get his guys and still show his loyalty to Michigan.
There really is no need to do that kind of thing. The Vikings interest is legit and so is Harbaugh most likely. Unless we pre-emptively hire McDaniel, then it's likely that Harbaugh gave Ross a gentleman's agreement to let him match the Vikes offer.
Ross doesn’t have the pull he wants or thinks he has if he’s allowing JIM to get on a plane and visit to Minnesota at all! Ross if you want him so bad make the call now and just give him bank.
You been wasting cash year in and out on bad coaches just give him want he wants and get on with rebuilding this team. If miney isn’t the issue but control is and as he says he wants to bring in a GM and you are holding out because you love Grier for some reason your a complete incompetent idiot.
I’d fire Grier today if it was standing between us getting him or some yes puppet!