1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami's 2019 Coordinators and Coaches - EDIT - MckEnzie Added

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Just a Guy Staff Member Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    It looks pretty good on paper so far. My worry is that so many of them come from one place, New England. That's not surprising given that Flores has spent his entire career there, but its still a risk. I want the team to create their own identity, and not try to replicate what they have up there.

2. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity Staff Member

Apr 22, 2014
    I'd be curious to see some data on it, but I suspect that's the case for most coaches. They'll bring in people they know.

At the end of the day, things will naturally be different. Part of being a good coach is knowing or figuring out what will work and implementing that - being able to lead. If Flores or any of his staff were just followers, guys who benefited from the established environment and unable to lead, it will become clear - wherever they're from.

KeyFin and Surfs Up 99 like this.
  3. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Not all of them only have experience in NE though. Many have worked various places in their careers around the NFL.

4. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Deleted.

Bad link.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019 at 6:33 AM
  5. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Hmm what did that tweet say? It’s been deleted

6. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
  7. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  8. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  9. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Just a Guy Staff Member Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    That's terrific with McKenzie! I suggested back when he didn't get a GM gig that we should see if we could get him as a consultant. Let him help the team in 2019 as they lay the foundation, and then try to get back into running someone's front office next season. If he can't get a top job or doesn't want to, then he sticks around and helps us too.

I really, really like the idea of the younger men in positions of authority on the team having older guys who have been there and done that to lend a veteran opinion.

Puka-head and Dol-Fan Dupree like this.
  10. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

11. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    This is an outstanding get for us. I see you Chris Grier.

Puka-head likes this.
  12. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    It's the piece of the McVey phenomena most people are missing. Wade Phillips is the puppetmaster of that team and did not get anything like the credit he should have for that teams success.
    Crazy innovative offense with a solid safety net Defense to bail you out doesn't suck as a plan if you ask me.

13. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    When he was interviewed recently, I like that Caldwell said it will be Flores who sets the tone for the team, etc.. Caldwell seems very humble and has come with a , "I am here to serve" mentality. He doesn't seem like he is trying to be "the man" and steal Flores's HC job away. I hope McKenzie is the same way with Grier.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  14. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    One thing I really like about the hires is the high percentage of black coaches and managers hired. Personally I think identity politics, intersectionality and all that P.C. and affirmative action BS that goes with it is a cancer on society.
    The reason I like it is
    - interviews are notorious for not finding the best candidate, but for finding PLU (People Like Us).
    - perception of whether someone is PLU depends a lot more on cultural background and communication style than outward differences.
    - it’s obvious in the NFL that the dominant culture in the upper echelons is suburban middle class (maybe biased to upper-middle but lower-middle is well represented).

Which means that people from urban backgrounds are being passed over in favor of people with suburban backgrounds. Therefore the talent pool for people from urban backgrounds is going to have a higher percentage of available talent in it

djphinfan likes this.