1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami will be at CKap's workout

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin D, Nov 13, 2019.

1. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    He literally lead them to a Super Bowl ...

Irishman and Fin D like this.
  2. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    No show up and try and get a job. At least change the narrative. But instead he played this in the worst way he possibly could from a business standpoint and trying to get back i the league. He needs to fire every adviser he has. If he really wanted to play.

3. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    That's literally what he just did.

Irishman likes this.
  4. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    And then got benched. 3 Years ago. I still live In the past with the 72 Dolphins too.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  5. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Really? Only 8 out of the 20 something reps could make the change at the last minute. That’s how any back up QB in the history of the league would have played it?!!?

resnor likes this.
  6. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Cool story. Foles won a Super Bowl and was then benched, and then came back, and then his team declined to bring him back. And yet ... he still got another contract. As a starter.

Nobody is doubting that Kaepernick had a very rough stretch. Most of that came under the "tutelage" of Jim Tomsula. But he lead a team to the Super Bowl and looked damn good doing it. He made teams look absolutely silly.

It would take the right team and right coach to maximize the talent, but it's still there. People acting like he was a nobody, just stop.

7. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Again with the backup narrative?

And 8 is still 8. If the others are truly interested, they can make an arrangement. If not, then how interested were they to start with? Not very.

8. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    The NFL is different when it comes to politics, race, and religion. They just never allowed it, and has always kept it about football. And sometimes it backfires on them.. but they stay strong to that stance and there are many fans that want the NFL to stay strong on that stance no matter what.

if Kaepernick was in the NBA, and he took a knee, he would still be in the NBA right now and fans would cut him a lot more slack.. this spectacle about Kaepernick would not exist in the NBA. His protest would have happened, and it would have gone away in time.

We have seen nba players show up wearing hoodies for Trayvon.. wearing I cant breathe T shirts.. wearing “Enough” t shirts over gun violence. And other examples i cant come up with.

they have been doing this longer than Kaepernick took a knee to protest police brutality. And people have expressed anger towards the nba players, they see a ton of kids get shot up in walmart or in school, nba stars start to wear “enough” and people respond with “oh you want to take away our guns..” but then it dies down and it goes away.. and people are no longer angry that the nba supposably wants to take away their precious guns.

In the NFL, you do anything to protest , youre blacklisted.. dont even try anything,they tell you dont speak on it youre just a football player, you know nothing about politics. And then they question your patriotism.

In this country, its disrespectful to take a knee to the flag but its not disrespectful to edit the colors of the flag to black and white with a blue line (a flag made specifically to stand up against people who have a stance against the police)..

9. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Exactly.

10. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Absolutely. His intent was to disrespect the flag. The spin doctors came later. Watch his interview immeasurably afterward. People who have had generations given the ultimate sacrifice for that flag feel outrage at his actions. It’s a visceral reaction. You can try and break it down to this or that meaning but when I see someone burning a flag to make a statement (which is their right) I still want to punch that MoFo in the face for being a douche. I equate what he did to the same thing.

11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    no it wasn't. You don't get to make up his motivation. And even if it was, he's allowed to do that in the US.

jdallen1222, TheOne and texanphinatic like this.
  12. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    That’s may not have been his intent ( but I think it was) but the reality is people saw it differently. He has every right to do it no one said he didn’t. But he also have to live with the fall out. Real or perceived. Many, many people have had this happen to him. Somehow he’s some special case.

Irishman likes this.
  13. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    The NFL decided to make it a special case. In multiple ways.

Silverphin and Fin D like this.
  14. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You have no reason to think it was. There's no information or logic behind it. You and others literally made it up.

15. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I honestly couldn't care less what anyone here thinks of his protest or his histrionics since then. I only know this team is perilously close to losing its fan base entirely, and signing Kap would guarantee it. I would never buy another piece of Dolphins merchandise or attend another game if he is signed, and I'm 100% certain I'm far from alone. There have to be at least 15-20 of the 32 teams that would lose a significant percentage of their fan base by signing him.
    Just in case you decide to continue the argument about his actions and try to include me in it, know in advance I won't be participating. You won't change my mind and I don't care if I change yours.

16. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Except for his interview immediately after the game. No mention of searching out veterans and asking their option on how to handle it. It was that the flag represents systematic racism. Later the “story” came out. Because he didn’t control the narrative in the beginning he has to deal with what everyone else interprets. This is life. Lots of example of this. You all would like to look at everything in a static situation. That isn’t what happens. You’re not living in the real world IMO. You’re living in the “this how the world should be” world.

That being said, the narrative IS true and it doesn’t matter if it is or isn’t from a business point of view. People believe what they believe.

shifting gears, which team would actually need Kap at this point this season on a business case. IMO he wouldn’t be a starter. So he would be a back up. Why from a BUSINESS point of view would YOU make the case for bringing him in. Remember you own the team and you make the revenue. How does he help your team chemistry and make you money $$$$? And have to answers to the fans, the media circus that would ensue and the fall out if he got cut later.

17. Triggercut

Triggercut Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Neither of those things are:

1. a big deal
    2. counter to my point
    3. mean he's a terrible person
    4. came before the kneeling was blown out of proportion

19. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Says your narrative.In the real world where people believe what they believe how does he help any team?

20. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Not the point dude.
    You are being intentionally obtuse. You know exactly what is being said, you don't want to answer it.

It's simple. The answer is, BACK UP QBS DON'T EVER HAVE PRIVATETRYOUTS AND DON'T MAKE CRAZY DEMANDS.

21. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Exactly. Back up QB making demands.

22. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    narrative=/=facts

23. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Real world = the real world. So which team makes sense to sign him? Give me a business case.

24. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    This is the same argument you guys made when Nike used him in their campaign. How'd that work out? Their sales were boosted by 30%.

There's a better than solid chance any team will increase their fanbase and march sales with CKap. There's a small contingent that hate him. Many don't like him, but don't care enough to change teams. There's even more that would likely follow the team that weren't before and buy his jersey.

Once again, there's actual facts on my side. Your guys' side is pure emotion.

25. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Why would he have done that beforehand though? And why is the fact that he evolved and actually did do those things seemingly meaningless? He protested something he saw as unjust - police brutality against black americans - and then when he was told his protest could be construed as being anti-vet, he modified it after literally working with a vet.

From a business point of view, several teams could use him. The Lions and Bears he could probably start. The Redskins could use a QB while they develop Haskins. The Bucs will need someone once Winston gets cut. The Bengals are 0-9. Mason Rudolph sucks for the Steelers. The Broncos are clearly done with Flacco.

26. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I'm not the one spreading this asinine backup narrative. He is not David Fales. He is not Luke Falk.

Love or hate, it's the NFL that made him a special case. It's the NFL that even brought up this workout business. They wanted a carefully controlled and crafted narrative. Kap didn't feel like letting the NFL do that, and really unless he wants to be a company man, there was no need to do so.

27. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yeah, at this point, he is those guys.

28. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Redskins are going to pick 1or 2 for a shiny new toy. You want a QB controversy with Kap out of the gate? The Bucks - he’s going to save their season and Winston is out? Really? If you brought him in it would be a chit show.

Mason Rudolph won as many games as Kap did his final year. And why would Tomlinson want a distraction like The media circus he presents when they are in the play off hunt.

The Bears a maybe. But he’s not the future. All the crappy teams you mentioned he isn’t the future. It would take him weeks to get up to speed. In week 11 somehow he’s the guy.

Wishful thinking, emotional thinking and nothing based In reality IMO.

resnor likes this.
  29. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Weird that the NFL isn't trying to set up sessions for them then.

30. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    All back ups are now going to demand tryouts. Lol.

resnor and Dolphin Dundee like this.
  31. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    At risk of turning this into an "I know what I am" style logical fallacy, that is precisely what you have been doing this whole time.

Your only refutation is "hahaha no he wouldn't, so there". Consider me unconvinced.

32. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    No I presented exact scenarios where he doesn’t fit. But you’re entitled to your opinion even if you can’t back it up with a business case. Doesn’t matter even if he was bette in some of those situations. If your picking a new QB in the draft he doesn’t fit. BTW the Steelers didn’t even show up of the original workout so that’s a non starter. And then theres Ben V’s Kap next season. Yeah that’s going to work.

resnor likes this.
  33. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    No you didn't, you just summarily dismissed them despite being quite plausible. You asked for business situations, there they are. I am not saying what WILL happen, just situations where he would present a logical choice. If the Steelers wanted to make the playoffs, they would be much better served bring in Kap to challenge and potentially supplant Rudolph than just ploughing ahead without. Same for the Bucs. Winston throws 8 INTs every other week, and as an offensive guru, I'd have to think Arians could get the best out of Kap.

Just saying "well he won't fit" or "they didn't show up" doesn't mean anything.

jdallen1222 likes this.
  34. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Logical. Ok. :-)

you’re right anything could happen. Look there’s a unicorn.

resnor likes this.
  35. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Look, there's a QB who was a power outage away from winning the Super Bowl. Hey, he's probably better than a number of QBs on NFL rosters right now! Stunner!

36. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Just be honest. You don't like him and want him to be a failure, so you see any potential situation involving him as such.

You can hate him all you want. But playing the "he has no talent" game is ludicrous and objectively, proven wrong.

TheOne likes this.
  37. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Just be honest. You love him because he stood up against the establishment and you want him to be a success, so you see any potential situation as such.

38. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Please show where I saiid he didn’t have talent. Quote the post line.

I am presenting business cases. You do agree that the NFL is 1st a business...Don’t you?

39. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I do approve of his actions. But factually I am correct in that he is more likely to be a viable NFL QB than not. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pa...-play-worse-2017-colin-kaepernick-make-better

His situation was unique and unprecedented in NFL history. Again, if you want to hate him and say that nobody should sign him because of that emotional response, go for it. But to say he is not a good QB is just flat out incorrect.

TheOne likes this.
  40. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I did. There are multiple teams where would likely represent an immediate upgrade at starter, let alone as a high level backup akin to Bridgewater. Some are even ostensibly playoff contenders.