1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami will be at CKap's workout

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin D, Nov 13, 2019.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Damn, I thought this was your story at first and I was really getting into it....and then I was sad that it wasn't. =(

2. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Everything up to and including being offered a return position is indeed true. I fictionalized the remainder to offer a real life illustration of what would truly happen if a former employee attempted to dictate unreasonable terms on an attempted return. It just wouldn’t happen, and neither should it happen with Kaepernick.

Like the signage on Wild Bill Wichrowski’s boat, Summer Bay reads...”Attitude is Everything”

flounder97, resnor and KeyFin like this.
  3. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Well, that settles it.

I mean, it's not like the NFL would lie, right?

jdallen1222 and Fin D like this.
  4. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    If I had to choose the more reasonable statement based on actual occurred events, I’d actually have to side with the NFL on this one.

Irishman, resnor and Dolphin Dundee like this.
  5. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Ah, awesome....you've lived one heck of an adventurous life then! Now I'm happy again =)

Irishman and The_Dark_Knight like this.
  6. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Who?

Hes the only one I really know of pushing a political agenda on NFL time.

I like that he cares about things. I want him to voice his opinion whether I agree or not, but start a blog or something, do a bunch of charity work and so on like everyone else.

Irishman and resnor like this.
  7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You didn't say politics. You said:

A lot of players across multiple sports use their station to espouse their views. Whether its about religion, politics, societal issues, charity, life lessons, etc.

Again, all the guy did was kneel. It was the people that got upset about him kneeling that made things an issue.

What this is really about is people being pissed he didn't follow their views.

texanphinatic likes this.
  8. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    No one cares if he uses his station to push his agenda. I don't even care about his agenda. What I didn't like was using someone else's times and money, the NFL and people who pay to view the game, to push his agenda. Go hold rallies at City Hall on Saturday afternoon, no one will complain.

9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    All he did was kneel. That's it. If people weren't rabid in their demand that everyone be forced to be patriotic (which is actually counter to what the uS is supposed to be about), this wouldn't have been a big deal.

People are acting like he grabbed the mic from the announcer and subjected middle America and gave speeches.

resnor likes this.
  10. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    But he did it because he knew it would cause controversy, and thus, would get tons of airtime.

So he did it there because it was free publicity.

11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    If doing an innocuous thing enflames fools...shouldn't we throw water on the fools?

12. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Kap again shows it’s all about him. He’s trying out for a second string QB position. A back up. Never before have the NFL set up anything like this. And Kap has to have everything his way or he’s going to do it his way. The change in venue at the last minute just proved that nothing has changed with this guy. It’s all about him. Me, me. What about me. He should have been contrite and did what he had to to get into the league. He just once again proves that he can’t be. Team player. Whatever’s best for him. Not his employer.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  13. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    lol. He could cure cancer at this point and people would say he's trying to put doctors out of business.

I hope we sign him.

14. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    As an employer I might have a different take on selfish me, me, me employees. I see it more and more often. Like they’re owned something rather than being grateful for me employing them. I know Cap can do no wrong with many because he’s a social justice warrior so “the man” is out to get him and he can do whatever he wants because that just shows how woke he is. What a bunch of BS. Employer. Employee. You demand and aren’t elite. You get no job.

15. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I’m an employer too. He didn’t do anything wrong

16. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    So we want players who are asleep? What?

17. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    You schedule an interview for a potential employee, bring in a panel of senior personnel to attend interview, at the last minute employee calls and says he doesn’t want to come to your business and you should come to his house for the interview and bring everyone with you - you would be cool with that?

resnor likes this.
  18. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Woke as a political term of African American origin refers to a perceived awareness of issues concerning social justice and racial justice. It is derived from the African-American Vernacular English expression "stay woke", whose grammatical aspect refers to a continuing awareness of these issues. Wikipedia

19. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Hmm, that sounds perfectly normal. You see it as a negative?

Comparing the NFL to any standard job is silly imo.

jdallen1222 likes this.
  20. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Comparing a QB trying out to be a back up and demanding anything is a little silly IMO.

resnor likes this.
  21. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yes, everyone should just knuckle under to the fine and upstanding group known as the NFL and Roger Goodell their fair and honest leader. To do otherwise would be silly indeed.

22. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Nice shift. But you didn’t answer the point - Is a QB trying out to be a back up and demanding anything a little silly?

resnor likes this.
  23. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    The team worked things just as they had to to get rid of Stills, Krapernick won't ruin the culture trying to be created atm.
    The future could be bright. Let's support that effort.

24. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal

25. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I like your double shift. Dodge my comment by saying something unrelated and the double down on it.

No, it's not silly at all for a player to have demands. Literally every player does .

26. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Brian wants people who do things his way. If you don’t do it his way you’re gone. He’s trying to change the culture to a team culture and not an individual culture. Kap is not a team player. Doesn’t matter if you agree on his positions or not. He has repeatedly shown that its all about what he wants. What he needs. Not team first.

27. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Back up potential QB’s have MAJOR demands. POTENTIAL is key here. Really. Name one. You have 100 years of history to research.

28. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    And yet he had the team take a look.

29. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    That’s not the context that this happened in. You are comparing apples and hammers.

30. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    You are shifting the goalposts and trying to redefine the argument. The entire league is based on negotiation.

As for the "backup" narrative, stop. He's not Fales or Falk out there, and it does a disservice to your argument to pretend otherwise.

31. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    In regards to your post about knuckling under, I’ve had to do it in my career. Taking a step back to move forward. It humbling. Kap has shown one thing for sure - he’s not humble. Sometimes you have to be humble to get where you ultimately want to get to. Sell out. Maybe. But the point is to get what you ultimately want. He doesn’t have that capacity and that ultimately is what teams see and will avoid like the plague. Because there is no upside.

32. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    How? He was scheduled for a try out and didn’t show up. Demanded that all the people that had flown in from around the country to immediately change their plans and do what he says. A back up QB prospect. Where am I missing the business part of this? Not the emotional part.

resnor likes this.
  33. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    Just a FYI for everyone.

Nov 2015
    Kaepernick is going through a career-worst season in Total QBR (47.6), yards
    per attempt (6.7), TD-INT ratio (1.2) and completion percentage (59.3). Plus,
    the Niners' league low in points scored (109) is the fourth-fewest in franchise
    history through the first eight games.

"It was a tough decision," Tomsula said. "All those decisions are tough, but
    I felt that was the direction we needed to go. Watching, feeling where I'm at,
    I just decided now is the time.

Sept 1st 2016

Kaepernick sits out the national anthem taking a knee in a preseason game
    not looking at being a starter for the second season.

I'll leave my opinion out of this one. Just take a serious look at what some of you are asking for.

34. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    And make a BUSINESS case for hiring him. As much as we all emotionally love the team and the sport. It’s a business

35. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Worked out well for them. The Tomsula and Gabbert combination got them to ... fired?

Fin D likes this.
  36. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    You are confusing "being humble" with "sit down and shut up" - they are not the same. Also, you are again comparing a highly unique situation within a unique setup (Kaepernick within the NFL) to yourself or your own business experience. That's just folly.

At the end of the day, if the only way he plays is to sit down and shut up, he may not get signed. I'd say that reflects poorly on the NFL, but others are free to disagree.

Fin D likes this.
  37. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    49ers as a team yes it looks like it worked out well 8-1 at the moment with a strong team and the drama is in the rear view mirror.

resnor likes this.
  38. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    After a complete reboot years later. Their immediate decision was very poor and an absolute joke that resulted in firings. Tomsula was a farcial hiring to begin with.

Fin D likes this.
  39. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    Matter of opinion then. The problem is gone.

40. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    But Kap would have got them to the promised land? That’s farcical. They had way more problems then a 2nd string QB causing issues (whether you agree with that or not that was the case). He opted out of his contract BTW. Nice to disregard that.

resnor likes this.