Miami will be at CKap's workout
256 replies
"Fin D wrote:
So, to recap.....a team named after a racial slur is OK, but a T-shirt that had an image of a terrible person that wasn't meant to celebrate that person or even a picture of Captain America pushing Hitler into a garbage can is bad.
Ok, cool.
I laughed at the notion a bunch of white people on a message board, were more offended than Indians themselves over this.
Still makes me chuckle to even think about it. Thanks....:chuckle:
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"Vertical Limit wrote:
It is a PR move by the NFL, to show that he was given a fair chance. The teams supposably attending will be sending low level scouts to his workout.
Colin Kaepernick was given a two days notice and was told by the NFL that it has to be this Saturday, whether he is ready, prepared or not for it.
Think about it, it is Saturday, a day before Sunday NFL and a day when most scouts will be in Mississippi, Michigan, Iowa, Waco, and Auburn to view some big matchups and scout for NFL talent..
it doesnt surprise me that Dallas will be there.. Jerry Jones is butt buddies with Goodell.. he will do anything for the shield..
I've heard this narrative and I think it's silly. When a player get's hurt playing on Sunday's, teams call guy's in to work out for them on a Tuesday. How is this different?
Do agree however with it ultimately being a PR move, just not so sure about the short notice thing.
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"Fin D wrote:
Good to know you haven't changed from being the consistent and faithful Kekistani you've always been.:up:
I actually had to google that. Keep it calm with the insults, really not necessary. The mods will have to POLICE this thread and start "POLICING" the thread and BEAT US ALL UP.
:cool2:
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
I honestly thought Kap is who Miami should have signed when Tannehill went down in training camp 2 years ago. With that being said he has been out of the league now 3 years and probably has a bunch of rust seeing how Miami is no longer tanking I say why not?
"TheOne wrote:
I honestly thought Kap is who Miami should have signed when Tannehill went down in training camp 2 years ago. With that being said he has been out of the league now 3 years and probably has a bunch of rust seeing how Miami is no longer tanking I say why not?
He would have been so much better than Jay Cutler
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
The guy deserves a look because the Dolphins need talent. That's all that matters. As far as I'm aware his behavior has not warranted banishment.
"Fin-O wrote:
I've heard this narrative and I think it's silly. When a player get's hurt playing on Sunday's, teams call guy's in to work out for them on a Tuesday. How is this different?
Do agree however with it ultimately being a PR move, just not so sure about the short notice thing.
100% publicity stunt.. and every NFL team will send a scout so there arent any no-shows..
you know its funny.. two weeks ago I was watching Tulane vs Navy.. and they mentioned JP Losman.. which reminded me that JP Losman was actually pursued by an NFL scout this year in 2019, i think it was during Clemson’s pro day since he coaches at Clemson, and the scout was actually trying to talk him into coming out of retirement and attend training camp.. the guy had not played since 2011 when he was here for us.. and he wasnt even good.. 8 years away from the league, someone noticed him throwing a spiral at a pro day not meant for him, and he gets that offer.
colin was actually a top 10 quarterback at one point and he cant get a legitimate tryout
btw.. you can bet on which team Kap will sign with (sign with by end of 2019 season):
https://www.sportsbetting.ag/sportsbook/futures-and-props/nfl-regular-season
Bengals have the highest odds with a moneyline of +350 (implied probability of 22.22%) followed by Pittsburgh with a +400 moneyline (implied probability = 20%). The Dolphins aren't even listed there so that tells you what oddsmakers think.
Oh, note there is no choice for NO team signing Kap.. that would probably be the odds on favorite.
"texanphinatic wrote:
Objectively false.
I disagree. I wouldn't say the guy sucks but his last couple years he wasn't exactly tearing up the NFL like he did early on. Oddly enough he seemed to play a little better after he started his kneeling protest.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
"xphinfanx wrote:
Because he sucks!
So do Nathan Peterman, Brian Hoyer, Colt McCoy, Blaine Gabbert, Deshone Kizer, Geno Smith, Robert Griffin, Trevor Siemian, Jeff Driskel, and Blake Bortles...But they all have a job in the NFL as a Quarterback and while Kap may not be starter material, I'd put up money that he's a better, far more talented backup than any of them.
People have an agenda against him because of his antics and the way he chose to protest, and eventually when a personal agenda takes over, certain lines become blurred. That line being...that he just flat out sucks at playing quarterback in the NFL. He doesn't, and athletically i'd say he's got more than enough left in the tank to play this game. Flutie came back at what? 37-38? After a ten year hiatus?
Is Kaepernick a douchebag? Probably so, i'm never going to argue that he isn't. However, speaking from a football player persepctive, I think he still has it.
I don't think that he should be blacklisted from the NFL for what he did. was it a poor move? In my opinion it was, but it's not a crime. We've seen players that have been accused of rape, child abuse, animal torture, drug usage and distribution, domestic violence, assault on women get fined, suspended and right back into the league.....I don't care what anyone says, those are far worse crimes than kneeling for the flag. Again, i'm not advocating what he did in any way, but clearly he's been blacklisted for what he's done. Meanwhile Antonio Brown will be a starting wide receiver somewhere next season and he's arguably an even bigger scumbag than Kap.
"cbrad wrote:
btw.. you can bet on which team Kap will sign with (sign with by end of 2019 season):
https://www.sportsbetting.ag/sportsbook/futures-and-props/nfl-regular-seasonBengals have the highest odds with a moneyline of +350 (implied probability of 22.22%) followed by Pittsburgh with a +400 moneyline (implied probability = 20%). The Dolphins aren't even listed there so that tells you what oddsmakers think.
Oh, note there is no choice for NO team signing Kap.. that would probably be the odds on favorite.
I was gonna say...I'd want the "nobody" bet personally. There may be some interest by the league but I have a feeling that nothing comes of it.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
I don't think that he should be blacklisted from the NFL for what he did.
I see your point, but I don't think he was actually "blacklisted" as everyone likes to say. We just saw the same thing with Antonio Brown- he created all this drama over helmets, showed up to camp with frostbite on his foot, then placed all these demands on how he was going to practice. Then sexual assault charges came out and it's just too much of a distraction for teams to deal with. Nobody wants to be linked to all of that drama.
I think Kaep deserves to be an NFL football player but at the end of the day, talent alone is not enough. Just look at our conversations here on the upcoming draft and all the arguments we've had over Tua, Burrow, Hebert, Hurtz, etc. A few will eventually start and a few more will wash out of the league completely in a few years. Heck, look at Rosen...is he good enough to play in the NFL? If we cut him after this season, his career may be over and he's done nothing but work hard behind poor teams. That's life in the NFL and nobody is guaranteed anything.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Meanwhile Antonio Brown will be a starting wide receiver somewhere next season and he's arguably an even bigger scumbag than Kap.
Arguably?
"KeyFin wrote:
I see your point, but I don't think he was actually "blacklisted" as everyone likes to say. We just saw the same thing with Antonio Brown- he created all this drama over helmets, showed up to camp with frostbite on his foot, then placed all these demands on how he was going to practice. Then sexual assault charges came out and it's just too much of a distraction for teams to deal with. Nobody wants to be linked to all of that drama.
I think Kaep deserves to be an NFL football player but at the end of the day, talent alone is not enough. Just look at our conversations here on the upcoming draft and all the arguments we've had over Tua, Burrow, Hebert, Hurtz, etc. A few will eventually start and a few more will wash out of the league completely in a few years. Heck, look at Rosen...is he good enough to play in the NFL? If we cut him after this season, his career may be over and he's done nothing but work hard behind ****ty teams. That's life in the NFL and nobody is guaranteed anything.
That's definitely a good way to look at it. Maybe blacklisted is a poor choice of words on my part. I certainly agree that any team that were to give him a chance would inherit a lot of drama and limelight in the process of doing so. I think it would be best for him (if given another opportunity) to just lay low and focus on his job. People might misconstrue that as me saying "shut up and play football", but that is certainly what he must absolutely do if he wants to ever step on the field again.
"Fin D wrote:
If its cleaned up, why has no team picked him up?
He's a cancer.
Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.
"ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
That's definitely a good way to look at it. Maybe blacklisted is a poor choice of words on my part. I certainly agree that any team that were to give him a chance would inherit a lot of drama and limelight in the process of doing so. I think it would be best for him (if given another opportunity) to just lay low and focus on his job. People might misconstrue that as me saying "shut up and play football", but that is certainly what he must absolutely do if he wants to ever step on the field again.
And if he doesn't and then get's cut, it's going to be another huge issue. It will just be another excuse in a long line of excuses for this guy.
Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.
"KeyFin wrote:
I see your point, but I don't think he was actually "blacklisted" as everyone likes to say. We just saw the same thing with Antonio Brown- he created all this drama over helmets, showed up to camp with frostbite on his foot, then placed all these demands on how he was going to practice. Then sexual assault charges came out and it's just too much of a distraction for teams to deal with. Nobody wants to be linked to all of that drama.
I think Kaep deserves to be an NFL football player but at the end of the day, talent alone is not enough. Just look at our conversations here on the upcoming draft and all the arguments we've had over Tua, Burrow, Hebert, Hurtz, etc. A few will eventually start and a few more will wash out of the league completely in a few years. Heck, look at Rosen...is he good enough to play in the NFL? If we cut him after this season, his career may be over and he's done nothing but work hard behind ****ty teams. That's life in the NFL and nobody is guaranteed anything.
This.
It’s basically the reason he has no job, talent does not outweigh the distraction. Fellow black NFL players have said as much.
I hope he gets signed though.
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Yes. And tone def
I hope you're joking...
"danmarino wrote:
1. Black Panther is the worst Marvel movie. 2. Beyoncé’s music is “trash.” 3. Kaepernick is a “clown.”
I agree with 1 and 2.
As for Kaep, I wanted the Dolphins to look at him when Tanny went down. If they look at him now and see something I'll be all for his signing.
I call into question your taste in movies with the Black Panther statement :)
I thought it was over hyped, but the worst marvel movie? Incredible Hulk, Thor 2, and Captain Marvel were all worse then Black Panther in my opinion.
"Phins_to_Win wrote:
not racist, but I now call into question your taste in movies with the Black Panther statement :)
I thought it was over hyped, but the worst marvel movie? Incredible Hulk, Thor 2, and Captain Marvel were all worse then Black Panther in my opinion.
I can see the Hulk movie being worse. Black Panther, IMO, was just not any good to me.
"danmarino wrote:
I can see the Hulk movie being worse. Black Panther, IMO, was just not any good to me.
Nothing compared to Fantastic four ( the newer one ) or Ghost Rider when it comes to the worst Marvel movie of all time.
