1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami not a finalist for superbowl 2018

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Oct 9, 2013.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...inneapolis-indy-finalists-for-super-bowl-lii/

Clearly a bad business decision by the Miami community for not publicly supporting the efforts and the deal, and for the politicians who didn't take Goodell serious..

All Miami parties involved lose..fans, team, community businesses..

WhiteIbanez and PhinishLine like this.
  2. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    This was nothing more than a blackmail attempt by the NFL to force the taxpayers of Miami to fund the renovations that Ross and the NFL demand. They are basically saying that they would rather take the game to cold weather sites in the middle of the winter than come to South Florida, if the taxpayers won't agree to give them the money they feel they deserve.

I attended the game in New Orleans a week and a half ago. I will assure you that the stadium in New Orleans is in no better shape than Sun Life Stadium. In fact I don't even think it is as good as Sun Life Stadium at this time. Yet New Orleans just had a Super Bowl game this past winter and they are on the short list for the 2018 game. Something doesn't compute here.

The more the NFL tries to blackmail the South Florida area into funding these upgrades, the less I care about ever having another SB in our area. If they want to take the game to cold weather sites, instead of coming to South Florida in the winter, let them. Most NFL fans never go to the Super Bowl games anyway. They sit at home and watch the game on TV. So it really doesn't matter to these fans if the game in played in sunny South Florida or at the North Pole.

There is nothing wrong with Sun Life Stadium right now and if the owner and the NFL aren't happy with the stadium, let them pay to upgrade it if they want to. I attend both Dolphin and Hurricane games in the stadium and I see no need to spend any taxpayer money on upgrades. So the NFL can take their SB game and play it somewhere else every year as far as I am concerned. We don't need the game here during the winter because we already have plenty of tourists at that time of year. In fact give to game to Minnesota every year, because they can certainly use the tourists at that time of year.

3. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

The Super Dome got the bowl because of Katrina. I hate to say it...but..if this franchise doesnt get turned around..and with no Super Bowls in the foreseeable future..its no longer a foregone conclusion that the franchise calls Miami home.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Bpk and djphinfan like this.
  4. vt_dolfan

I think thats a very simplistic and easy thing to say..but the fact is...theres alot at stake financially with the Super Bowl. Ross wont keep this franchise forever..and another owner may decide with no Super Bowl and an aging Stadium..he will go somewhere where they will fund a new stadium...

I really think its imperative for the sake of the franchise that this team gets to the playoffs...otherwise its gonna get bad...quick

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

djphinfan likes this.
  5. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Don't know why Tampa can't seem to get another look. Nice publicly-owned and operated stadium, nice locale and nothing but great reviews last time. The big media types agreed we should be in the 'dream' rotation with Miami and San Diego.

They don't care where the game is. They put the game in Jacksonville for heaven's sake. It's all about leverage. Fans and media who spend the week in that city....that's who cares. **** them.

- sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 beta -

6. Rances

Rances New Member

May 24, 2013
    Los Angeles, ca
    Djphinphan and his never ending quest to have a country in such financial and political chaos that the government is shut down and the debt ceiling needs to be raised again because it cant afford to pay its bills pay a couple hundred million dollars to finance a private entity for one of the wealthiest men in the nation.

Just let it go.

ASOT likes this.
  7. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    but it's so far away. I prefer to think we have a shot this year, maybe next... (in before lmeister)

8. vt_dolfan

Yeh...cuz none of that has a thing to do with the gazillions we spend on wars we dont need...or a $47,000 mechanical bull....purchased DURING the shut down.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner/shutdown-day-7-government-buys-47174-mechanical-bull

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Business 101 sir...great deal on the table..I'll just include you when I say this, y'all blew it...do you folks not have any vision as to the consequences if you didn't support it, both locally and statewide, lets just get past the angry at Goodell part, he was serious, but y'all didnt think so, well, you lose superbowls because of it, (and if you don't think losing superbowls to your city isn't a big deal, then please just don't respond back to me, I don't have patience for that kind of take),you lose money, money that if you had supported the upgrades, you would of had, has nothing to do with our economy, Super Bowl is gonna happen, people from all over the world are gonna come, except it won't be here.. All that equals net loss for your market...

It was only 375 million.... Nothing, relative to what your losing out on now, did you forget written guranteee built in, and the security that your franchise staying home for a long time?....can't make it any more easy to get.

vt_dolfan likes this.
  10. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    I'm embarrassed that Dolphin fans actually think like this. Just let it go. Wow.
    When Ross picks his team up and moves don't be whining.
    Especially since Ross had guaranteed to pay it back.

11. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Exactly..no sell out in your opener, no sell out against the world champs, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was worried..

12. Rances

Rances New Member

May 24, 2013
    Los Angeles, ca
    Man you guys like to fall for the fear of an overpowing league... When and where exactly are the Dolphins leaving Miami?

Buffalo, Jacksonville, St Louis, Oakland, San Diego...

Those are all leagues with far more tenuous circumstances than Miami and none of them have been moved anywhere.

The league lords over each of its franchises the thoughts and fears that it is going to relocate its team in order to get the city to blink first and pay for its billion dollar business' facilities.

ASOT likes this.
  13. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

Sorry DJ, I just don't buy your argument. I don't own a hotel or a restaurant, so I can't really see how I am losing money by the SB not coming to South Florida. In fact the hotels and restaurants in South Florida are packed during the winter time already.

We have had ten SB's in Miami over the years and never once did my income increase because of these SB's. I also haven't seen any reduction in my income because we haven't had a SB in Miami the past several years. South Florida gets visitors from all over the world already and very few of these foreign visitors come for a Super Bowl game. I would guess that 99.9% of the people who actually attend a Super Bowl Game live in the United States and not from another country.

I know you are passionate about this topic and you obviously feel that Super Bowls are important for a communities economy. I just don't think that the majority of the citizens in South Florida agree with you. I certainly didn't hear any kind of uproar from the citizens in South Florida when they were not allowed to vote on the stadium renovations. The only complaints seemed to come from Ross and the Dolphin organization.

I just don't think having a Super Bowl in South Florida is a big deal to the vast majority of the residents of South Florida. In fact I know several people who are season ticket holders and when we have discussed the lack of SB's in South Florida, they all seem to take the attitude that it is no big deal. In fact most of them think that since there have already been 10 SB's in Miami, other cities around the league are entitled to have the game.

My fear has never been about losing Super Bowls. It has always been the feeling that the Dolphins could relocate to another location as the stadium ages and less and less fans purchases tickets for a mediocre product. I think it is very unlikely in the political climate today that Ross will ever be able to get any public financing for the stadium. Perhaps another owner may have a better chance but Ross has already burnt too many bridges.

So the worst thing that can happen for me is that the Dolphins may eventually decide the stadium is too old and not enough fans are showing up to watch games in person. They could decide that they would be better off somewhere else. Perhaps another city would be willing to build them that fancy new stadium. I certainly would never say this can't happen. If it does, I will thankful for all the years I have been able to watch the team play in Miami since 1966, but life would go on. In fact I would probably travel to their new city to watch a game or two each season and I would watch all their other games on the NFL Sunday ticket.

Personally I am getting tired of the threats by the Dolphins and the NFL what might happen if the Dolphins don't get public funding to renovate the stadium. I was living in Miami before there was even a Dolphin franchise here. There are plenty of things to do in South Florida during the fall and winters months, with or without the Dolphins.

I was born in Maryland and I was a Baltimore Colts fan growing up. I eventually became a Dolphin fan when the franchise came here in 1966. As the players I had been a fan of on the Colts retired, I stopped being a fan of the Colts and I have been a fan and season tickets holder of the Dolphins for the majority of my adult life. I continue to buy tickets and go to the game and root for them. I'll do that as long as my health remains and they stay in South Florida. If they leave, I'm sure I will remain a fan for a while, but just as with the Colts, I'm sure as the players change and the team no longer is part of this community, I'll probably have less interest in them.

I know the Miami Hurricanes aren't going to be moving the University and I have been a UM fan since 1960. So the Dolphins have to do what they have to do, but getting public funding for their stadium isn't going to happen as long as Ross is the teams owner, IMO.

ASOT likes this.
  14. vt_dolfan

Oh I dunno.........

Los Angeles?

Bpk likes this.
  15. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    There's no stadium in Los Angeles, there's just a plan for one. Just FYI.

ASOT and Bpk like this.
  16. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    This is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin.

I find it curious that it's only people outside of Miami talking about the Dolphins moving, though.

17. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I agree to an extent, but that wasn't really the point, the point is, it's just a bad business decision on your part...your missing out on superbowls man, that's money your city would of made...shi&$, lose another one and you will have lost as much as it would of cost...and that's short term, long term, your gonna lose a hell of a lot more, this is not even counting the reverse affect new upgrades could have ON the local economy.

18. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I can't have this discussion with you if you think superbowls don't mean something to the region and city...it's been discussed a million times...

Did you see the reaction in San Fran when their guys win the bid, that's not for party favors, that's because their city is gonna capitalize the fu&$ Out of it.

19. vt_dolfan

Why do you have to be such an a$$ man? Its not like this is some kind of ...... straw I just grasped from the air. Its been talked about in various places. Its also been talked about that Ross might sell the team at some point.

20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Debate the deal..debate that THAT deal Ross and co. Put in place wasn't the perfect oppurtunity to upgrade that place?

It was such a sweet deal for y'all, but Nooooooooo, tommy got hurt by the marlins, so me no likey, tommy want wingy.

21. Rances

Rances New Member

May 24, 2013
    Los Angeles, ca

the last line is the best thing you've contributed to this debate. ultimately for every study that shows what a huge financial windfall a super bowl is to a city there is another that states the difference to be negligable. There aren't a ton of hotel and restaurants in miami that are going vacant in february that need the super bowl to spur their business. On the contrary, that is actually the season in miami where hotels and restaurants are at their top performance.

so it becomes a matter of taking a time of year that is quite profitable and perhaps maximizing on that profit. I am not an economist nor am I a lying politician with access to all of the information but there is a great deal of reason to the thought that the city without the super bowls in the future is going to be just fine.

as for the fact that the NFL and the local ownership is EXTORTING the city basically by making them pay to subsidize their business, that just isn't something that I can abide by. It's not right. And we don't negotiate with terrorists!!! (jk)

Ross has more than enough money to make the changes that he wants. He, not Miami would be the primary benefactor of stadium upgrades. If he wants them then he should pay for them unless there is a public mandate to help him with the upgrades. As of now, that is not the most pressing issue for the public financing.

ASOT likes this.
  22. Rances

Rances New Member

May 24, 2013
    Los Angeles, ca
    I live in los angeles. THere is no place for an nfl team to play right now nor is there a functional plan for it in the future. also, there is ZERO clamoring for an NFL franchise in this city.

NFL cities should learn that they can't continue to be robbed by a bank robber using his index finger to make the shape of a gun inside his members only jacket. This is an elaborate ruse that NFL has going and bless them it works for them, but these are highly profitable businesses owned by wealthiest business owners in the world. NO one made Ross purchase the team with that stadium in place when he did. If he wasn't prepared to fix the team he shouldn't have purchased it.

23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I don't think your getting it..your going to continue to lose superbowls, there is plenty of info on the deal out there, it was an excellent deal with guarantees involved and pretty much 0 risk, part of that was him paying the majority percentage, an unprecedented deal, did you forget that?

The city would benefit with superbowls and other world class events that the new upgrades would provide, without them, your city is losing out on that money...that money your losing out on, could been the money that the city would of put up, very soon, that would of broken even, far ahead of schedule so much that you would be turning a profit..

I can't believe I'm debating folks about how a Super Bowl is good for your city economically....lol

24. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    So basically you are only open to a discussion with those people who agree with you on this issue? I thought you were better than that, but I will assure you that there are far more people in South Florida who agree with my position over yours. As far as Super Bowls are concerned. My position is I don't care if they come to South Florida or not. I don't feel they are as important to our area at that time of year as they are to other NFL cities which could use the added tourist trade for Super Bowl week.

My position is that I don't see why the NFL is trying to blackmail the taxpayers of this area by refusing to bring the SB back here unless we pay for most of the renovations. As I stated earlier on this thread, I just attended the game in New Orleans and that stadium is worse than Sun Life Stadium. Yet they just has the most recent SB and they made the short list for the 2018 game. This makes it appear that it isn't about the condition of the stadium as much as it is the NFL acting like babies who take their ball and go home because they can't get their way.

If the NFL wants to bring the Super Bowl to Miami without the taxpayers having to pay for much of the renovations, I'm fine with that. I just don't think we should be blackmailed by the NFL into only getting another SB, if we basically give the owner hundreds of millions of dollars to improve HIS privately owned stadium. The longer Ross owns this team, the greater respect I have for Joe Robbie. He didn't have nearly the financial resources Ross has and yet he paid for the stadium on his own and didn't cry about the lack of public financing. Ross has the money, let him pay for the upgrades. If he doesn't want to, fine. But no one should be complaining about the citizens of Miami-Dade County not wanting to pay for these renovations either.

If the only way this area will get another SB is for the taxpayers to pay for much of the renovations, then I don't care if we ever get another Super Bowl in South Florida. It is as simple as that.

ASOT and shula_guy like this.
  25. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I said, I can't have the debate with someone who doesn't think a city capitalizes on being the host of the Super Bowl...it's not possible to because that's where the money is lost and where it can be made up if upgrades would of happened..

You guys don't get the most simplest logic..Goodells says he's not coming here until we do it, now I don't know about you, but if I'm city officials or state politicians,I'm not gonna call his bluff and fu&$ with my states money, instead, I would rather take an incredible deal that the owner of the stadium put forward, keep the superbowls coming, take solace in the guarantee that the owner put in writing, be happy that he's willing to pay the majority of the expenses, and understand that upgrades means even more big events than the Super Bowl, events that I will lose out on if I stay status quo..

What's so freakin hard about accepting that, because the city would have to put a 1 cent sales tax on tourists for approx 150 million?.... Big fu&8in deal relative to what your getting with these upgrades..

No vision of the future in terms of what your going to miss out on, 0..do you realize our competition stadium wise?

So yes, if you don't think superbowls and the two weeks festivities that ensue are monetarily beneficial to the community than I can't have a legitimate conversation with you about the subject.

Please don't respond with, " the city is pretty busy at that time of the year anyways"

26. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    If as you state, this is the STATES money, why is it only the hotels in Miami-Dade County who would be required to increase their tax? If the money is raised to increase tourism which according to you will not only benefit people living in South Florida, but also the rest of the state, there should be a state wide referendum next time, asking all the taxpayers in Florida if they are willing to vote for a 1 cent tax on all the hotels in the state for these renovations. If they did that and the voters throughout the state approved it, I'm fine with spending this money on the renovation. I just don't ever seeing the voters in Florida voting for this tax increase.

There is also no reason that only the voters of Miami-Dade County should be asked to raise taxes on their hotels. The fact is that there are more season ticket holders living in Broward County and Palm Beach County than live in Miami-Dade County. So at least this referendum should include these two counties and not just the citizens of Miami-Dade County. If the voters in these two counties think this is unfair because the stadium is located in Miami-Dade County. Let them build their own stadium for the Dolphins. The fact is the stadium may be in Miami-Dade County, but it is privately owned and used by fans from throughout the South Florida area.

I think it unfair to the voters of Miami-Dade County to be asked to raise the hotel tax in this county only, if as you state the tourism dollars benefits the entire state of Florida. In fact during the last SB held in South Florida, the NFL headquarters for the game was in a hotel in BrowardCounty and not in Miami-Dade County. Also another fact is reports after the game clearly showed that the majority of the fans for that game stayed in hotels in Broward County and not in Miami-Dade County.

The reality is that no matter what Goodell wants, I don't ever see the voters of Miami-Dade County voting in favor of granting money for another stadium. I also don't see the local politicians giving them the money, based on the fact the former Mayor of Miami-Dade County was recalled because of his support for the new Marlins stadium. You may not be willing to call the NFL's bluff, but I guarantee you that the vast majority of the voters in Miami-Dade County will have no trouble calling Goodell's bluff. There are far more important needs in this county then spending any type of tax money on renovating a privately owned sports stadium.

I have stated before that it should be the fans who actually attend games who should be helping to pay for these renovations. We are the individuals who attend events at the stadium. The vast majority of the citizens in the county have never and will never step inside this stadium. I purchase four tickets to every Dolphins and Hurricane home game.All the Dolphins have to do is add an additional ten to fifteen dollar surcharge on every ticket fans buy to events held in the stadium. This way, it is the people who are actually going to the stadium who will be helping to pay for the renovations to the stadium.

I have no problem paying this surcharge for every ticket I purchase because I go to the games and I get a benefit from going to the stadium. I just don't agree that people who never use the stadium or especially those who can't afford to attend games, even if they want to, should be asked to vote in favor of any referendum to increase hotel taxes in our county. To me, this is a matter of what is right and what is wrong. It is right for those who attend the events at the stadium to help pay for the renovations. It is 100% wrong to ask anyone else to pay for anything at a privately owned stadium. That is the way I feel and I know you don't agree with me, but I know four people who will vote NO the next time this referendum is on the ballot.

I would rather pay another $1200-1500 a year on tickets for the games I attend then ask for any money from all those individuals who have no desire to ever go to an event at Sun Life Stadium.

shula_guy likes this.
  27. Personally I think the players should contribute to it before any money comes from the tax payers.

28. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I guess all those local small business owners should not benefit and should partake in your sorrow for a penny on the hotel tax for tourists....it's so nice of you..

29. If its such a great deal for those businesses let them donate the money. That is the part of this that you seem to be missing. Those renovations only benefit a small minority of the people your are demanding to pay for it.

ASOT likes this.
  30. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    That's exactly who will pay for it. People patronizing the hotels that will benefit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

PhinishLine likes this.
  31. So why make it a tax then? Why not just ask Hilton and whatever hotels are there to write out a check payable to Steven Ross and they can raise their room rates since it is such a great deal for them. There is no reason to even have a vote if they do it that way and then everybody will win and be happy

ASOT likes this.
  32. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    That was pretty much the idea of the tax.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

33. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Don't think you read my post right..my point was JW doesn't want to punish tourists with a penny tax, but losing out on all the business superbowls and other upgraded stadium induced events hurts are own small business owners..

34. I understand your point. I also understand JWs. My point is that if what you say is true then private businesses should be more then willing to finance the renovations out of their own pockets instead of by this tax. All the businesses that stand to benefit from this are free to raise their prices by a penny to reimburse their investment or they can wait for the money to return to them via the benefits of the increased business after the stadium is renovated. Either way and then They do not need tax payers permission. Some of you are acting like its such a great financial investment that tax payers are being foolish not doing it but if its such a great deal then tax payer money should not be needed.

I also agree that its pretty despicable that the NFL demands unneeded renovations or they refuse to consider your city but they contribute nothing toward those renovations. Same goes for the players union who's salaries depend on the fans. Let them contribute. There is absolutely no reason that the NFL or the fans should expect tax payers to foot their bills.

WADR I understand that you are not a fan of the current stadium and I think in part it gives you a bias opinion. I think because of your bias you rationalize that its a good idea to renovate by any means possible, even if it means asking people who have no interest or benefit from football to pay for it.

ASOT likes this.
  35. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    So basically you admit that we will be punishing tourists for visiting our county. Your correct, I do not want to punish the tourist who visit our community by forcing them to pay for a stadium they probably never go to.

I have no idea why you are opposed to the people who actually go to events at this stadium being charged more money to pay for these renovations. As I stated I am willing to pay more for each ticket I purchase to help pay for these renovations, why aren't you?

I guess that even though you are listed as a season ticket holder, you probably don't live in Miami-Dade County and so this referendum wouldn't effect the hotels in the county you live.

Sun Life Stadium is not a public owned stadium. It is privately owned by Ross and my view has always been that it should be Ross and those of us who actually attend events at the stadium who should pay for upgrades to the stadium. You obviously just want to stick it to the hotels in Miami-Dade County and to the tourists who visit our county to pay for the upgrades. I will never agree with that approach.

As far as the business owners losing out on business because of no Super Bowls are coming to South Florida. I have not heard of or read any comments from local business concerns that they have lost money because the Super bowl games haven't been coming to South Florida in recent years. What I have read though is that business has been increasing during the winter months in recent years and most hotels and restaurants are doing booming business during these winter months. Like it or not, the Super Bowl just isn't that important to the South Florida economy and no matter how much you want to argue that it is, I feel you are wrong.

ASOT likes this.
  36. PhinishLine

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Because hotels aren't liquid like that and they are often franchised, so Mr/Ms.. Hilton likely doesn't own the Hilton. In fact, Blackstone owns Hilton. And Blackstone isn't going to write a check for every hotel it owns in the area when it provides a critical revenue stream for the county already. That's just not the way things work. While there is a symbiotic relationship between the two, Blackstone isn't interested in entering a partnership or issuing a loan to Steven Ross for the stadium. That's just simply not their industry. Bed taxes however are. Almost every tourist city with many hotels has bed taxes. That is something they are familiar with and they consider it a cost of doing business to increase your ROI. This isn't just something created by Ross to make money.

djphinfan likes this.
  37. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Another blame the fans thread? Jeez, I thought I logged in Finheaven for a moment. How about blame Ross for the last minute effort to send his proposal to legislation just for it to not be discussed? It doesn't matter if the fans wanted it or not, there was never a vote for you to conclude that anyways.

Our ****ty stadium has no problem hosting not one, BUT TWO, National Bowl Games last season. So Goodell can go **** himself.

ASOT likes this.
  38. PhinishLine

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    National Bowl Games are not complimentary to Super Bowls.

And secondly...the Orange Bowl doesn't really count. It's moreso out of tradition than...the quality of the stadium. It's always going to be played in Miami for obvious reasons. It's not like they are going to pack up and move the Orange Bowl to Tallahassee. Do oranges even grow in Tallahassee?

To put it in perspective.....The Fiesta Bowl....Rose Bowl....are also hosted at stadiums who do not receive Super Bowls and are not currently finalists for them.

Indianapolis and Minneapolis however are finalists for the Super Bowl....but how many nationally televised college games do they have? Indy does the Big 10 Championship....but that's not even a bowl game.

College Locations are more about tradition than facilities.

39. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    A number of Super Bowls were held in the old dilapidated Orange Bowl. So tradition certainly shows that having a new and updated stadium was never the criteria in the past. It has only become important to the NFL over the past decade,as they have seen that they can blackmail cities into spending taxpayer money to build new stadium, with getting a Super Bowl game as a main incentive.

I don't see any other cities in the United States clamoring to build a new stadium to try and entice teams to relocate. So I certainly don't think the Dolphins are going to leave Miami anytime in the near future, renovations to the stadium or not.

I think as taxpayers wise up throughout the country, it is going to be much harder for these billionaire NFL owners to get money to pay for their stadiums. Most taxpayers realize that football is merely a game and that it isn't nearly as important as using these limited tax dollars to support the majority of the citizens in the county and state, and not just the few thousand of us who go to these games.

The blackmail the NFL is presently using to keep Super Bowls out of South Florida at this time isn't go to work. Most voters here could care less about the Super Bowl and the more the NFL and Ross demand taxes be used to renovate the stadium, the less likely it is that this will ever happen.

ASOT likes this.
  40. PhinishLine

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Are you serious dude? You're talking about super bowls played in the 70s? The Super Bowl is an entirely different product now. Wow. He took it all the way back to...."Well the Orange Bowl was good enough for Superbowl II"

I'm out of here.

djphinfan likes this.