1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Hurricanes @ Florida Gators Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by alen1, Sep 6, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Your "observations" don't look so good when you add a ":lol::lol::lol:" at the end of them. It is considered smack talk because you failed to support your answer and you laughed after you made the comment. If one of us says " The Oregon State offense sucks *** (if you can call it that) :lol::lol::lol:", your telling me it wouldn't bother you one bit?

2. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    The Canes are back.That was a great effort and a great game plan .You could tell they prepared well for Tebow and the spread offense .

The Gators offense was bottled up for most of the game and finally got their passing game going.

IMO The difference was the lack of offensive production by the Canes.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Come on man there was like a minute left and they were throwing bombs to the endzone. Thats not to win, it's to run up the score. If you go undefeated or even win the SEC with one loss your in the NC game, you dont have to run up scores for votes.

4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I agree to an extent but if UF just tkes careof buisness they will have no problem getting in, but after last year plus they are not likely to go undefeated I guess the "pretty points" could mean a BCS bowl or not.

Motion likes this.
  5. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Not to mention, the MAJOR recruiting implications of this game.

After reading through the comments in this thread I think its hilarious some are complaining about that last drive. Talk about sportsmanship. Play to the whistle.

Mainge, Stitches and CrunchTime like this.
  6. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I must admit that when they were throwing deep, I didn't realize it was that late in the game. I wasn't watching the clock and was surprised when the game was over. My recollection came from that frame of mind.

Yeah it was kinda douchy that they threw deep in that situation.

But if they don't pour it on, everybody's talking about how much they struggled with Miami. With the added points, less people are going to take notice. And you have to beat down your in-state competition (FLA high schoolers watching and such).

Whatever, Miami will remember it next time. And they will be strong.

Fin-Omenal and Alex44 like this.
  7. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    there is no denying that was a huge miscall. but still, you guys couldn't even put a 7 on the board.....that call happened at the begining of the fourth quarter. there is still a lot of time to play, to much time to play to let it deflate you...i dont even think it really deflate the team that much, randy wasn't even complaining. i bet most of the players didn't even know it was a bad call till they see the replay tonight on ESPN...anyway point is if you cant even get in the ball in the end zone you shouldn't be complaining to the refs. flat out.

yeah i find miami fans annoying, and i dont care if they cut me any slack lol

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    His elbow landed inbounds and yes he caught the ball.

arrogant even in defeat arent we?

9. King Felix

Dec 6, 2007
    okay. every offensive possesion miami had they punted in the second half. there i supported it. no1 to blame but themselves.

and nah i dont let it bother me

10. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Irrelevant since he didn't have possession of the ball.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Its kind of interesting with Tebow. If he improves his passing, he could be an NFL QB. If he doesn't improve at it, he could be moved to FB and become a slash player in a Pittsburgh Steelers philosophy.

12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Make no mistake that call is NOT the reason Miami lost.....but it was questionable that it was reversable.

Miami lost because they are not good enough on offense yet, #85 had a rough night with drops but the offense will get better with time and when they do watch out because that defense is "Fin-omenal" :up:

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :rolleyes:

14. King Felix

Dec 6, 2007
    lol yes that running game looked real good with a huge total of 61 yards!! and a beastly average of 1.6 yards a carry....i agree marve does look promising

15. King Felix

Dec 6, 2007
    lol come on alen. you even said something about oregon state in this thread. i dont let the truth hurt me. try it

16. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Didn't deflate them at all. Right. Thats why they played with extremely less energy after that. Florida barely put up their 9 points before that (7 because of a horribly shanked punt and 2 on a blown block on a punt) no-one would say their offense sucks.

The whole stadium knew it was a bad call, there is a giant jumbotron. In fact the players knew the guy didn't even catch the ball. What is Shannon going to do? It was already overturned, this isn't WWE and he's a calm guy.

It doesn't matter how much you've scored, when the refs take away a game that was otherwise close to the end it hurts. Who knows if they would or wouldnt have scored, they actually moved the ball pretty well on a couple of drives but got hurt by a couple dropped passes and penalties.

So you think we're annoying, thats great. Don't come in here and make 'observations' that have no backup and are just smack and we won't be annoying you anyway.

17. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The ball poped out after he hit the ground.

18. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't think we lost because of the call but I do think it had an impact on the team. The offense had to change up their gameplan from their-on. Its different for us when we're playing six points back then 13 points back. It also made it more difficult for the defense imo. That's where I think it had an affect on us.

Yeah, Hankerson wasn't too impressive but he did have a couple nice catches including a diving one across the middle.

I think once Robert Marve gets settled into the offense, we could have a very good team. It will take some time though. Our offensive line has to keep improving. I like Aldarius Johnson out of Miami Northwestern a lot. He's a big receiver. I think it showed our quality at RB tonight when we saw JJ go out and Derron Thomas make some nice runs. I'm not a fan of the alternating QB situation though, especially when Marve had something nice going for himself.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  19. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    The Canes have some real hitters on the defense too .Thats something that has not been seen since the glory days.

They need to find way to score .Its tough to win without it .

20. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida

You're right on that. It took away any chance we did have though, which is what hurts. I'd rather it have just been a regular passing TD where the guy burned us deep or something. I could have lived with that.

Questionable isn't even the right word for it. None of his body landed in bounds (his elbow was half on the chalk) and he dropped the ball.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  21. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah, Sean Spence had a really nice hit on that screen. He's not an overly big Linebacker either. He's 6'2 I believe and only 200 pounds. He may have been big to the Gator receiver though lol. Their receivers all seem to be around 5'10, 185.

22. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    That guy is gonna be the next great Miami back, anyone who watched that game had to see the great vision and determination that guy had! Ill say it again the U has one bright future and I wouldnt wanna be the team they play in a bowl game this year because by then they will be about ready to gel.

23. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    That 200 pounds is probably all muscle too. So he's big to me and I'm 6'0 200.

24. King Felix

Dec 6, 2007
    they still had a whole quarter..and we both agree the call is not the reason why miami lost so im not gonna debate it anymore...my annoyance in miami fans came way before this thread

25. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Jesus that was a hell of a hit, that kid probably forgot where he was for a few seconds.

26. King Felix

Dec 6, 2007
    he's a linebacker? daaaaaaamn lol whats his 40?

27. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol, true. I'm 6'1 and 140 so maybe that's why lol.

28. MArino2Clayton

MArino2Clayton Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    This is all I'm going to say...

Kids are going to play for Florida because of their great facilities and a chance to play for a national championship every single year. Not to mention the fact that Florida puts a ton of players in the NFL and is always on television. I could sit here all night and list the positives about playing football and being a student at the University of Florida.

But one thing that has no bearing on whether a Florida prep star plays at UF or another Florida school...

and that's if the Gators beat Miami 30 or 26 to 3 instead of 23-3.

But then again thats JMO.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  29. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    A whole quarter isn't the same in a low scoring game when you're down by two scores. A whole quarter can be all of two possessions in some games.

Every fan base has bad seeds. We're a little bit more confident than most, but we're a hell of a lot closer too. If that annoys you go ahead, but we generally don't talk trash unless you start it. Then we go off. Unless your name happens to be FSU. Then we're more than happy to start it.

Nothing personal

King Felix and alen1 like this.
  30. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

If you read Shannon's lips at the end he pretty much summed it up while talking to one of his coaches..."thats bull shnit"

31. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    The recruiting factor of this game in south florida is a non issue. Way overblown IMO. Sure it will swing a few guys your way, but this isn't like other states recruiting wise. Most of these kids grow up dreaming of playing for Miami, and now they grow up dreaming of helping rebuild Miami into it's glory days. They won't be swayed either way, and those are the kids that count. South Florida is pretty much always going to be ours as long as we commit to keeping it.

32. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Ill say this I wouldnt wanna play for a guy like Urban Meyer if I was good enough to play at Florida I would just go to another powerhouse...such a smug persona..helluva coach but not exactly man of the year.

33. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Only if you start it. It's more that we don't back down. It's attack attack attack attack, just like our defense has always been :lol:

If you're just a fan of another team (like Duke I guess?) we're not going to start anything with you. Why the heck would we? We're not afraid to step up to other fans challenges, but for the most part we don't start them. We just love our team a lot and are proud of our history, I guess some people don't like that though.

34. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Also side note, I've got nothing against the Gators. I don't like Meyer, but when we aren't playing them I want them to do well. They represent my home state too, so they make us proud. FSU though....no.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  35. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Well I deleted the post because I felt bad, no one dserves to be called the college equivalant of Pats fans, thats just ****ed up.

But from what I have seen plenty of smug pricks among your fanbase, Hell you would think the past few years of mediocrity would humble them but no, they're not and when their team loses they whine and make excuses.

36. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Fans of most teams do that. In general I think our mentality is 'Get them next time'. Only real call that sticks with us even now is the Ohio State call in the NC game. That one we may never live down.

Maybe it's just Cane/Dolphin fans that are okay :lol:

37. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Oh really. How about the smug "chomp chomp" pricks from UF? Or the fans of FSU? Every team, especially ones with winning traditions have their own pricks. THE Ohio state university? I rest my case.

38. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Well that one was indeed a BS call.
    But I'm sure you're happy UF obliterated OSU.

39. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The Gator Chomp is just a cheer, just like you guys dance to a ****ty Soulja Boy song because he says "U" about a thousand times.
    Nothing smug about that.

40. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Too bad we don't do that anymore. UM banned the song from games when they found out what the lyrics really meant.