1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Has 2 1st Round Picks In The 2008 NFL Draft!!!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finsavior, Nov 28, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Wolf13

Wolf13 New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    hopefully the agent for our first 2nd rounder (probably the first though I hope not) doesn't hold him out calling him a first rounder...

as for mcfadden I like the idea of drafting him and then dealing him to the highest bidder (except for NE or Jets) and get a TON of more picks in the first and second rounds (ok a ton is a bit overstated, but that can help us trade back and get more picks which we need (like a lock down corner and d line help (maybe campbell in the late top 10...)

Dorsey worries me only due to since his knee injury he hasnt had the same explosion like he did earlier in the season...maybe chris long instead?

2. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Mike Jenkins should be a Top 10 pick IMO. Surest thing in the draft in my mind. I wish we could move down a bit and grab him. The total package at CB, and a good return man to boot. I wouldn't be surprised to see him soar up the draft board (though I heard he was already like #12 on Kiper's big board).

I'm not sold on Dorsey because I haven't seen him do anything. Granted that's because he's probably been hurt every time I've seen him play. I'm leery of taking defensive tackles that high to begin with. I just wish I'd have seen him do something.

My hope was that Cleveland would tank so Dallas would have enough ammo to trade up and take McFadden. Jerry Jones is enamored with him, even though he has Marion Barber. But Derek Anderson had to emerge. Booooo Derek Anderson!

3. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    As for our second pick, I make a controversial move.

A player I would absolutely love to have on this team is Colt Brennan. That guy can flat out play. He's the best pure QB in the nation. And I would not hesitate to take him with the 32nd overall pick.

I think he'll be an early second rounder, going no lower than John Beck did at 40. But he should be a 1st rounder IMO. I don't hold the spread offense against him. If Alex Smith can go #1 overall playing for Urban Meyer, this kid should at least be a first rounder playing for June Jones. The guy is a gunslinger.

And I'd have no qualms about taking him at #32 and immediately dangling him to the rest of the league. If nobody bites, you have some serious young talent, and competition, at QB. Beck is probably the only player who'll return next year. So there will be plenty of room at the inn.

God forbid we end up with two standout QBs and somebody offer us a serious draft pick(s) for one of them.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    For the 32nd, if we take Dorsey, how about Kenny Phillips if he slips?

This draft is supposed to be deep in Safeties, I would love to see us grab a great prospect early.

If our Dline stabilizes, we do have LB's, so we could take one later in the draft or use a 3rd.