1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

miami fight song

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, Mar 6, 2011.

Miami Dolphin Fight Song

1. retain our fight song

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. use Ross's new fight song

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. find another more appropriate fight song

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Mr. Ross please leave our fight song alone?

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

apparently, this is actually an issue with the ownership. however, the article stated emphatically, Ross is very sensitive to fan-opinion, across the board in making dolphin decisions.
    personally, I can't even consider another fight song, but apparently it is a real issue. what do you think?

2. bamadolphin

bamadolphin New Member

Jan 5, 2011
    I love how everytime I score on madden it plays it lol

Dolfan984 likes this.
  3. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Leave the goddamn song alone.

Ophinerated likes this.
  4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I agree completely

5. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    I couldn't care less.

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    every team needs a fight song that resonates throughout the stadium to motivate, rally around or celebrate the game. it's part of the bigger picture of identifying with your franchise. you have team colors, cheer leaders & a fight song. why would you fix what isn't broken? why would you destroy tradition? takes decades & millions of fans to build a tradition & only a new owner to destroy it? makes no sense to me.

7. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    I wanna see our fight song be "ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST" and it telling the truth.

I remember that tune in the OB for Cane's games, and it rocked the house. Back then, so did my Canes.

8. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

I've never really liked it. Are we the MIAMI Dolphins or the CSA?

I don't really like the idea of fight songs outside of college... in the NFL, I think it should be more of a reflection of the city you're playing in rather than the team itself, and in either case, it should be current. Not Deliverance circa 1945.

I don't believe more than half the teams in the NFL have fight songs and the ones that do are corny. Skoal Vikings? Hail to the Redskins, anyone?

Our song is "cute," perhaps, but to everyone else, it's corny.... I don't think it's motivating 20-something year old athletes, nor is it getting the most out of our fanbase.

In short, I think the whole concept of fight songs are outdated. We should be playing all sorts of music from Miami-area artists, whether it be Flo Rida or Gloria Estefan. It'll get the team pumped and it'll get the fans pumped. If teams are coming to Miami, we need to shove it in their face and remind them they're in Miami, not at a carnival.

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  9. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Friend Hurricane has posted an interesting, well thought-out opinion

Hurricane likes this.
  10. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

I know it's completely opposite of your belief, but there are two distinct schools of thought. It can go either way.

It's going to have to come down to Ross deciding which is best for the team, the fans and the city.