Miami Dolphins unveil Plans to Upgrade Stadium.

96 replies

dolfan94dolfan94New Member
Jan 7, 2010, 06:23 PM

Roof Over Stands Part of Renovations

Just sent to me via email. Looks awesome! Notice the new seat colors and the new video screens

Jan 7, 2010, 06:27 PM

I guess the hole is so God can take a **** on his favorite team? It does look like an extremely uncomfortable tiolet.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

FIFinsAreLifeNew Member
Jan 7, 2010, 07:16 PM

holy crap that thing looks terrible from the outside! on the inside i do have to say it looks nice and i like it. It almost looks more like a soccer stadium which leads me to wonder if they were considering a bid to host a few World Cup games if they are held in the US in either 2018 or 2022

edit: my bad, i just read through the article, looks like they are trying to make it attractive for world cup games.

jetssuckjetssuckNew Member
Jan 7, 2010, 07:20 PM

"FinsAreLife wrote:

holy crap that thing looks terrible from the outside! on the inside i do have to say it looks nice and i like it. It almost looks more like a soccer stadium which leads me to wonder if they were considering a bid to host a few World Cup games if they are held in the US in either 2018 or 2022

It looks like the contractor mixed up some plans for a stadium, a bridge and a solarium.....

JS

CANEPHINSCANEPHINSForum Veteran
Jan 7, 2010, 07:26 PM

I think the roof looks stupid with the Texas/Cowboys stadium hole in the middle. Wasn't the rain one of the main reasons for a roof? How does this stop on the field for a Super Bowl? It doesn't.

However, Best news here is moving seats closer to the field. I can' wait for the Marlins to get the F out!

M1NDCRlMEM1NDCRlMEForum Veteran
Jan 7, 2010, 07:41 PM

"CANEPHINS wrote:

I think the roof looks stupid with the Texas/Cowboys stadium hole in the middle. Wasn't the rain one of the main reasons for a roof? How does this stop on the field for a Super Bowl? It doesn't.

However, Best news here is moving seats closer to the field. I can' wait for the Marlins to get the F out!

It doesn't stop the rain from hitting the field. All it will do is keep the corporate guests dry while the field gets hammered.

Keep the noise in, keep the fans covered, leave the field exposed...I love the concept just not sure about the propsed design. Even though its preliminary and subject to change, I would have expected something with a bit more South Florida "flair".

SICK;944668 wrote:

that and.....the city of jacksonville sucks.

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Jan 7, 2010, 07:42 PM

Everything looks nice except the corners of the roof. Can't they change that and make it smooth like the way the stadium is? And I think they just want to keep the rain out of the stands for the SB, the field not being as big of a deal.

I wonder where our flags will go. I guess they could hang them from the rafters where the lights are. Hopefully the seats being closer and the partial covering will make it louder, get some of the old orange bowl noise back. The OB didn't need a roof though.

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

CANEPHINSCANEPHINSForum Veteran
Jan 7, 2010, 07:47 PM

But actually, in a driving storm it won't keep anyone in the lower level dry. Sure, those in the upper will be fine, but the lower is still exposed if it is moving with any wind.

CANEPHINSCANEPHINSForum Veteran
Jan 7, 2010, 07:50 PM

The roof is going to be 25 feet above the upper deck wall, so the flags can still be up there if they want them to be. Looks like it will be open air through that area.

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Jan 7, 2010, 07:56 PM

Yeh, the roof from an artistic view, looks awful..why couldn't you do a roof like that except instead of flat, make it concave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

JimTossJimTossForum Veteran
Jan 7, 2010, 08:18 PM

Joe Robbie Stadium becomes one of the ugliest buildings on the face of the earth with that partial glass roof.

Jan 7, 2010, 08:25 PM

You know what, I'm probably alone in this but I rather keep the seats orange. Yes, it does look like there are empty seats when there isn't but it's tradition, and all I've ever known. I like the idea of the roof to keep the fans comfortable and dry while leaving the field exposed. Of course, the louder it can be the better.

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Jan 7, 2010, 08:27 PM

"JimToss wrote:

Joe Robbie Stadium becomes one of the ugliest buildings on the face of the earth with that partial glass roof.

Agreed. Although, the shot of the inside of the stadium looks pretty cool.

Is this really gonna happen?

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

dolfan94dolfan94New Member
Jan 7, 2010, 08:34 PM

Have you guys ever seen a soccer stadium? I think it looks awesome!

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Jan 7, 2010, 08:43 PM

"JimToss wrote:

Joe Robbie Stadium becomes one of the ugliest buildings on the face of the earth with that partial glass roof.

i like the modern era artsy look PLUS inside we get that 12th man closer to the field :up:

Thunderbolt89Thunderbolt89New Member
Jan 7, 2010, 08:47 PM

"Killerphins wrote:

i like the modern era artsy look PLUS inside we get that 12th man closer to the field :up:

I like it also,and totally agree on your point it will make the crowd noise louder and give us a better homefield advantage.

jason8erjason8erLuxury Box
Jan 7, 2010, 08:54 PM

"JimToss wrote:

Joe Robbie Stadium becomes one of the ugliest buildings on the face of the earth with that partial glass roof.

That ain't ugly.........it's fugly. Although I must admit, that interior rendering looks quite dramatic.

xphinfanxxphinfanxForum Veteran
Jan 7, 2010, 08:55 PM

Looks like shade. Shade is good, along with some rain protection.

That's why they play the games!:yes:

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Jan 7, 2010, 09:14 PM

Should be aqua on the bottom orange on the top. Good compromise! Or every other seat alternate between aqua, orange and white. Kind of like the superdome.

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

JimTossJimTossForum Veteran
Jan 7, 2010, 09:23 PM

The inside looks great especially with the closer seating, but the outside could scare away a hurricane.

Jan 7, 2010, 09:35 PM

PBC wants nothing to do with it.

"The G Man wrote:

Agreed. Although, the shot of the inside of the stadium looks pretty cool.

Is this really gonna happen?

Possibly,its just a rendering, many things can change. It may take about 3-5 years IMO.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Jan 7, 2010, 09:36 PM

They want the 2014 Super Bowl which will be selected in a few months. So they have to figure out the final plans soon and a timeline so that they can try to get it.

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

Jan 7, 2010, 09:54 PM

Marlins stadium is set to go up in 2011, if anything they could build the roof first like JS said and go on from there.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Jan 7, 2010, 10:06 PM

"Zach13 wrote:

Won't the fans bake under that roof?

It looks like it is raised above the top of the higher level which would let some air in but id much rather cook in the sun and feel the rain when it pours...

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

jetssuckjetssuckNew Member
Jan 7, 2010, 10:07 PM

"Killerphins wrote:

i like the modern era artsy look PLUS inside we get that 12th man closer to the field :up:

Artsy?

Well I suppose it's one of those things where it's just a matter of what a person likes but to me, that is the tackiest looking stadium I ever seen. lol

JS