Miami Dolphins Training Camp 2015!

1066 repliesLocked

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Aug 5, 2015, 10:55 AM

"Brasfin wrote:

I'm a bit worried about this, Cameron hasn't been showing up much, per the beat writers. I saw his name a couple times, one of which was a drop, IIRC. Yeah, maybe the LBs are doing a good job in coverage, but you'd think a guy like Jordan Cameron would be geting his share of catches. Actually, I've seen Dion Sims name brought up more times than Cameron, with a couple catches in the redzone.

My recollection is different. I recall hearing Sim's name most often in relation to drops and Cameron's name in regards to him making TD catches.

BrasfinBrasfinForum Veteran
Aug 5, 2015, 10:58 AM

"rafael wrote:

My recollection is different. I recall hearing Sim's name most often in relation to drops and Cameron's name in regards to him making TD catches.

IIRC, that was in minicamp and OTAs and before pads came on in training camp. Since then, I haven't been seeing Cameron's name too much.

btfu149btfu149Forum Veteran
Aug 5, 2015, 11:04 AM

Interested to hear about Landry going deep, is he playing a lot more on the outside? Regardless in past years we haven't heard much about the deep ball getting completed, sounds like we've gotten quite a few bombs in practice this year.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Aug 5, 2015, 11:08 AM

"Brasfin wrote:

IIRC, that was in minicamp and OTAs and before pads came on in training camp. Since then, I haven't been seeing Cameron's name too much.

Not much of CJ since pads came on. But still hearing about drops from Sims.

Phins_Fan_87Phins_Fan_87Supporter
Aug 5, 2015, 11:31 AM

they are talking about us on nfl network. saying our oline is concerning lol. everyone sees it, playoff caliber team with a 7-8win oline

"this oline can derail the run game, the pass game, and their playoff hopes" -casserly

casserly says today we are not a playoff team. hard to argue.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Aug 5, 2015, 11:50 AM

"Phins_Fan_87 wrote:

they are talking about us on nfl network. saying our oline is concerning lol. everyone sees it, playoff caliber team with a 7-8win oline

"this oline can derail the run game, the pass game, and their playoff hopes" -casserly

casserly says today we are not a playoff team. hard to argue.

A lot of it depends on the defensive line. If they are this disruptive to the other teams, then Miami does have a good chance of going to the playoffs.

It is not like the Dolphins offensive line are going against a defensive line for another team.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

LinusLinusSupporter
Aug 5, 2015, 11:51 AM

"Phins_Fan_87 wrote:

they are talking about us on nfl network. saying our oline is concerning lol. everyone sees it, playoff caliber team with a 7-8win oline

"this oline can derail the run game, the pass game, and their playoff hopes" -casserly

casserly says today we are not a playoff team. hard to argue.

Whether it ends up holding true or not...the fans all over the internet and media needed something new to talk about because there have been some deep ball completions this year.

Wait until there's a misfire though, every beat guy will have a tweet "so it starts?" "BLANK STARE" etc.

SumlitSumlitNew Member
Aug 5, 2015, 12:08 PM

Offensive line was always a concern, but keeping some perspective, they are missing Albert and are rotating a lot of linemen to find out what they have. On top of that, they're going against a defensive line that's going to cause trouble to any offensive line regardless of talent.

I think all the o-line reports are a little overblown right now. Not saying it isn't a concern, it has been a concern for a while now, but the amount of overreaction going on by beat writers is a bit over the top.

LinusLinusSupporter
Aug 5, 2015, 12:12 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

seems like Rya Suh and Fede with the strs of the day..

It seems this has been pretty consistent - Tannehill and Suh being top performers. I think that's pretty important when they're the highest paid on the team. It's better for the team dynamic I'd have to imagine.

Fede coming on like this, even against first teamers, is really interesting. I wonder if he's outperforming OV so far? What do 7th round players sign for a contract? 4 years?

DOLPHAN1DOLPHAN1Luxury Box
Aug 5, 2015, 12:14 PM

"Phins_Fan_87 wrote:

they are talking about us on nfl network. saying our oline is concerning lol. everyone sees it, playoff caliber team with a 7-8win oline

"this oline can derail the run game, the pass game, and their playoff hopes" -casserly

casserly says today we are not a playoff team. hard to argue.

..and yet a worse version of this line produced a 1k rusher last season. smh Casserly can suck a bag of d@#$s as far as I'm concerned

EDIT: When these former player/media clowns talk seriously about Garoppolo being the best QB in the AFCE while Brady is out, to me they lose all credibility.

Phins_Fan_87Phins_Fan_87Supporter
Aug 5, 2015, 12:25 PM

"DOLPHAN1 wrote:

..and yet a worse version of this line produced a 1k rusher last season. smh Casserly can suck a bag of d@#$s as far as I'm concerned

EDIT: When these former player/media clowns talk seriously about Garoppolo being the best QB in the AFCE while Brady is out, to me they lose all credibility.

In fairness, caserly said tannehill is the best qb with brady put.

DOLPHAN1DOLPHAN1Luxury Box
Aug 5, 2015, 12:37 PM

"Phins_Fan_87 wrote:

In fairness, caserly said tannehill is the best qb with brady put.

it was Billick and Baldinger that were discussing Garoppolo as the best QB in the AFCE. It just becomes old after a while when all you here is the negative from these pro's. It's the same old rhetoric, there is New England and some other teams..

The AFCE is going to be a tough division this year based on the defenses alone. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching WWE or reliving the music industry force feed us grunge in the early 90's when it comes to any kind of NFL coverage.

jason8erjason8erLuxury Box
Aug 5, 2015, 12:38 PM

"DOLPHAN1 wrote:

..and yet a worse version of this line produced a 1k rusher last season. smh Casserly can suck a bag of d@#$s as far as I'm concerned

EDIT: When these former player/media clowns talk seriously about Garoppolo being the best QB in the AFCE while Brady is out, to me they lose all credibility.

Ah, some Louis CK humor!

Phins_Fan_87Phins_Fan_87Supporter
Aug 5, 2015, 01:04 PM

kicking position also worrying to me. Sturgis cost us at least 1 win last season.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Aug 5, 2015, 01:09 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

seems like Rya Suh and Fede with the strs of the day..

anthony johnson having a good one..receivers playing well...

not sure why not there..should be enough reps to decide who your two best guards are..best corner oop grimes, and at linebacker.

Reps don't matter if no one uses those reps to distance themselves from the competition.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

PhinsRDbestPhinsRDbestForum Veteran
Aug 5, 2015, 01:15 PM

Dallas Thomas had his shoulder wrapped up. I'm hopping if he misses time they'll finally push that Mathis button.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Aug 5, 2015, 01:21 PM

"PhinsRDbest wrote:

Dallas Thomas had his shoulder wrapped up. I'm hopping if he misses time they'll finally push that Mathis button.

they say its not too serious, but i hope you're right regardless.

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Aug 5, 2015, 01:37 PM

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens 38m38 minutes ago
Ryan Tannehill connects on a beautiful PA 60-yard TD to Jarvis Landry, who beats Delmas. Pass hit him in stride #Dolphins

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

btfu149btfu149Forum Veteran
Aug 5, 2015, 01:50 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

One of the best episodes!

A13OVEAVERAGEA13OVEAVERAGESupporter
Aug 5, 2015, 02:16 PM

Picture dump from today's practice incoming (45 in total), what a day!

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Aug 5, 2015, 02:28 PM

"rafael wrote:

My recollection is different. I recall hearing Sim's name most often in relation to drops and Cameron's name in regards to him making TD catches.

If we're not hearing about Cameron for drops , and there has only been a mention of one or two iirc , then not hearing from him or about him just means he isn't being targeted .

Seems like he's running really well and if there are no health issues , I'm not concerned .

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Aug 5, 2015, 02:33 PM

"SICK wrote:

my jimmies are rustled

Great to read , but what is Omar's take on it ? ;)

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Aug 5, 2015, 02:35 PM

"SICK wrote:

Juice deep from RT

I think those pictures are termed " seperation " :)

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Aug 5, 2015, 02:35 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

Grew up watching The Rock, of course I use that word, you Roody Poo Candy Ass!

A13OVEAVERAGEA13OVEAVERAGESupporter
Aug 5, 2015, 02:40 PM

This thread is locked.