1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins Team Report

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/dolphins/notes.htm

"I thought Smith was a great player. Long arms, rangy, can run, uncharacteristically tall for a cornerback, big guy, can jump, great ball skills," Sanchez said. "So you have to be accurate when you're throwing the ball against a guy like that. He can really make plays and tip the ball up and make a play on a jump ball. And then Vontae is stockier, strong, can jam guys, just a great player as well, great change of direction. Both of them are going to be great players in this league I believe, and we just need to be smart where we throw."
    The Dolphins seem determined to keep Smith on the left side regardless of the matchup. At 6-feet, Davis would be giving up three inches and additional vertical length to Edwards, and is more suited to guard the 6-foot receivers David Clowney or Jerricho Cotchery, who has missed the last two games with a hamstring injury.

2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I know it easy to assume anyone complimenting the opponent has an agenda, but with CB's they already thnk the "know" this is true of themselves....infact I bet Smith is pissed Sanchez didnt think "he" was good at jamming recievers off the line..

I must admidt I love the arrogance 90% of CB's and Wr's carry themselves with.

But im very excited to have those two guys starting for us the next 5 or 6 years, now if we can get a young stud saftey watch out!

3. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    We may already have that in Clemons bro. We just have to get him some playing time and see what he can do.:hi5:

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the rookies look good
    wonder what their vertical leaps measure?
    height is a good thing
    but there is more thatn one way to go up for a ball

azfinfanmang likes this.
  5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Well, there is also a 3rd thing brother (You make a good point BTW).

Smith has often been compared to Ashoumgha not only because of his height, but his wingspan. That can be HUGE as it is easier to just raise an arm while at full run that to jump :up:

I imagine Filthy Sanchez will be very very carefull where he throws the ball from here on out.

5 Int's in one game will tend to do that to a QB :lol:

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Found this interesting from the column.

Great leadership by Henne there. Take Ginn aside and help him out from personal experiences.

7. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Both passed on the vertical jump at the combine

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Got to love how quickly he has taken charge of this team, I have to credit Pennington for leading by example.

alen1 likes this.