1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins strong safety Yeremiah Bell is excited to face Falcons' future hall-of

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Silverphin, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-dolphins-falcons-bell-091109,0,6004080.story

DAVIE - Yeremiah Bell isn't one to shrink from a challenge.

So when someone raised the subject of Tony Gonzalez, the future Hall of Fame tight end the Atlanta Falcons acquired in an offseason trade from Kansas City, a broad smile spread across the face of the Miami Dolphins' strong safety.

"I get jacked up regardless, but when you play somebody who's going to the Hall of Fame, it's a challenge," Bell said. "That's the thing you want in this league is a challenge. You've got to look forward to those. Just to see how you fare. I do get amped up. I'm excited and I can't wait to see what happens. "

Last Dec. 21 in icy Kansas City, Gonzalez piled up seven receptions for 64 yards and a touchdown against the Dolphins defense. That increased his career average against them to 13.4 yards per reception; only the Indianapolis Colts have surrendered a higher figure (15.9) among teams that have faced Gonzalez at least five times.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The bullfrog on Gonzales, iam comfortable with that, besides some progressive scheme that gets sean smith on gonzales, Y Bell is the right matchup for us.