1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins' Sean Smith ready to battle Saints for the deep ball

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Oct 22, 2009.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Thunderbolt89 and jetssuck like this.
  2. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    I will never forget Smiths one handed interception in that last preseason game.Smith has a ton of talent and I feel he is a future big time player. Hopefully him and Davis can be our future version of the Madison/Surtain tandem. This week however,our entire defense faces a tough task with the Saints and Brees hopefully this is the game our secondary really puts together a strong game.

dolfan7171 and jetssuck like this.
  3. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    They have to step it up this week.

dolfan7171 and jetssuck like this.
  4. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    I doubt the Saints try to run anymore than they have to. This is the kind of game where Brees comes in ready to throw, throw, throw. I would expect to see just that on Sunday...and we need to sellout on it. Lots of pass rushers and DB's on the field. Anything we can do to slow him down and give our offense a chance to keep up on the scoreboard.

dolfan7171 and Thunderbolt89 like this.
  5. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Completely agree,Brees is going to try and test the defense early,our key is to keep him on the sideline. We need to go the opposite direction of the Saints run,run,run. Put together long clock wasting drives on offense just like we did with the Colts but hopefully this time the defense will be ready to prevent them from scoring since they have had two weeks to rest and prepare.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  6. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

hopefully smith gets a pick six (or two) this week

dolfan7171 likes this.
  7. NYFinFan

NYFinFan Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Long Island, New York
    All I know is our secondary, mostly the safeties, need to man up this week and play better and MAKE tackles. The Saints will get their catches but we need to limit their yards and not let them break a tackle or two for the huge gain. Our safeties need to be at the top of their game this week for us to stay in it.

Jeffrey likes this.
  8. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I agree with you there. No more penalties or missed tackles. That defense needs to build a stone wall: nothing goes pass them as an individual and nothing goes pass them as team. BUILD THAT WALL!!

Jeffrey likes this.