1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins pass rush faltering in the early season/Daboll press conference

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-miami-dolphins-1001-20110930,0,4570128.story

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  3. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I'm still waiting on Odrick-Starks to start performing. The lack of another edge rusher has been a huge problem.

texanphinatic likes this.
  4. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I really don't like the way they have been handling the personnel packages in Nickel situations. Right now, Jared Odrick splits time with Jason Taylor, and Koa Misi can't even get on the field in those situations.

Odrick seems to get a large percentage of his snaps as an edge rusher in Nickel packages, and he's not particularly productive there. That's not a knock against him, there are elite 3-4 DE's who have been put in that position and been unproductive. It's useful in situations, yes, but not as frequently as they are doing it. I'll gladly take it back if he turns into a guy like Kevin Carter who could do a lot of damage lined up wide, but right now it's not going.

Koa Misi isn't getting any Nickel package work at all, and I don't understand why. It's not as if Jason Taylor is particularly productive, and Misi was a better pass rusher than he was last year. I realize they're probably unhappy with him not developing a better array of pass rush moves, but it's not as if Odrick isn't using the same moves with less speed.

5. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I've got my eye on Courtney Upshaw in the 'Bama vs. Florida game tonight...oops, wrong forum.

I think it just goes to show that investing in Jason Taylor, again, was not the right move. I know CK banged the drum for Antwan Barnes all offseason. We'll get to see the reasons why tomorrow. That and as Disgustipate said, the inability to maximize the personnel on defense. I'd love to see us add another pass rusher or 3 next offseason.

6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA