1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins New logo/uniforms Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rocky Raccoon, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    From what I'm hearing yes the navy will be in it. He also told me they know about the other logo someone on here posted that we all like with the mean looking dolphin. He had a conversation with the graphic designer and they are getting a real positive response about that logo but it wasn't he's decision. I just don't understand, he's saying a few people called In to complain about the leaked logo but not enough to make an impression so I'm thinkin that's what we need to to do to make a difference.

2. Steve-Mo

Steve-Mo 'Saban' Guy

Apr 14, 2010
    Western New York
    It's not like that other logo was really an option anyway (the mean looking one with the uniforms). Since as I far as I know, it's not even known who created it. It's not like its fair game because it was on the internet. Plus all the money they likely put into having one created.

3. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    this.

Unless, Miami leaked that logo and wanted to see the reaction, then released this logo to make those who hated that logo now love it compared to this.

But yeah Miami spend millions on their design team for this logo, so its unlikely they go after that logo. Is this designer who created the Marlins logo?

I dont have a problem with the logo other then the navy, the navy ruins it for me. Why is the back fin navy?!?! ugly. I dont mind the middle navy, but the back fin bothers me. I would give it a face too, well see

Killer Bees likes this.
  4. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    The money they have invested into this possible new logo should not be an issue if the majority of the fans hate it. Even if they somehow spent $10 million on the new logo, you have to listen to the fan reaction and be prepared to change it up.

I still dislike the new logo. The tail position change makes it seem like every cruise ship/dolphin logo out there. The lack of an eye makes me want to call this the "Xenomorph-dolphin logo" (or maybe "Xenomorphin" for short).

Honestly? It feels like Ross and the FO are just flailing about now, desperate to change things up hoping it will slow the steady decline of dolphin fans. This is a desperation move. The only real way to win back the fans is to start winning, and winning on a steady basis. The goodwill of the fans has been used up with the last decade of incompetence. Imagine how it will be if they push out an upopular logo change and then follow it up with YET ANOTHER LOSING SEASON. It really is like they want to drive us away.

Even worse? A few tweaks and I could live with, and maybe grow to like, this new logo. I just see them pushing it out, as is.

PhinsRDbest likes this.
  5. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Mike Dee's twitter feed is blown up with hate of the leaked logo, so we'll see. I myself tweet him a couple times a day about that embarrassing logo.

PSG and Coral Reefer like this.
  6. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    My god, I saw the best gif yesterday while searching google for ... crap, what was it?
    Found it:

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    What's she sayin?

8. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    So you want a piece?

9. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    This took me all day, but i think I nailed it.

[​IMG]

You're welcome.

SICK, PSG, Ozzy and 4 others like this.
  10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ok, that'll work..

Rilla?... Who's your favorite baseball team?.... Is it the....Yankees?

11. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Ophinerated likes this.
  12. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Take it all in tomorrow, it will be the last time that Cartoon Dolphin takes the field, unless they scrap the whole logo idea, which i doubt. Its been fun!

Ophinerated likes this.
  13. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Could be the last time the Dolphins look, aesthetics wise, respectable. They trot that country club whale tail out there next year, it will just be another act in the circus.

Ophinerated likes this.
  14. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
  15. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    If they do go forward with this new logo, then we will know for sure... Ross has not learned his lesson from all that orange carpet and celebrity bull **** he pulled.

16. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Orange has really been a color ive grown to love in the last 4 years. I think it goes well with the aqua and its a shame its not used more often. Its amazing how much better Denver jersey set looks going back to orange and ditching the navy.

Im going to watch all the NFL team color videos, interesting how teams got their colors.

17. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012

While doing your research check out the Browns. Orange helmets wearing all white. Plain is good.

18. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    So this will be our logo?

I like it, but let me know when it's supposed to be announced so I can stay off the boards for a while. I'll let the people who want to bash every little thing the organization does have their time to whine and cry that the logo they wanted wasn't picked.

SICK and Steve-Mo like this.
  19. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    You want Jeff Ireland fired. That's completely understandable and fair, but how is this organization a circus? I hear people throw out the circus word all the time when it comes to the Dolphins. How exactly are they a circus? Seriously, tell me. Ross buys thousands of tickets every home game so the local fans can watch the game on tv. They do charity events every single week. I never hear a bad word about them as an organization from any major media outlet or see them caught in some embarrassing legal problem. Ross paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to help with Hurricane Sandy. So I really don't understand why they get the label of being a circus.

You want to see a circus? Follow the friggin' Jets. THAT'S a circus.

Paul 13, Steve-Mo and MrClean like this.
  20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    This I can live with

21. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I was just reading another forum, and it seems like the logo is growing on a lot of people. I feel the same will happen with those of you who don't like it.

22. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    It is now...

23. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    This is what the final look would be closest too (with an eye)

[​IMG]

I guess I just don't understand the hate some of you have. It's a nice, clean logo to me. Still easily screams "Miami Dolphins" to me.

I would even say that I love it. I really do.

SICK, Steve-Mo and Dol-Fan Dupree like this.
  24. Steve-Mo

Steve-Mo 'Saban' Guy

Apr 14, 2010
    Western New York
    But he's not in his traditional pose + there is navy

ross should fire himself

25. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Killer Bees, find out if the eye is like that! :up: Thanks! Looks better with eye imo

26. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I really do think the non-traditional pose is what makes most not like it. Just because they're not used to it.

27. Steve-Mo

Steve-Mo 'Saban' Guy

Apr 14, 2010
    Western New York
    My bad, I thought liking the post above mine gave it away.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  28. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Haha I didn't even notice until after I posted that! Definitely not your fault.

Steve-Mo likes this.
  29. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    I mean I personally don't like it but I can live with it I guess. But why the navy fins? doesn't really make sense. Looks silly, a dual colored dolphin?

EDIT: yeah, I'll see if I can find out...

Jt0323 likes this.
  30. Steve-Mo

Steve-Mo 'Saban' Guy

Apr 14, 2010
    Western New York
    You know, I like that eye too. Someone kept pointing out that here was an eye in the original picture, but I was sort of skeptical.

31. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    And let's be honest, Omar Kelly has been vehemently denying that this was the logo. How awesome would it be if this turned out to be it? Just think about THAT for a second.

rafael, PSG, Jt0323 and 1 other person like this.
  32. Steve-Mo

Steve-Mo 'Saban' Guy

Apr 14, 2010
    Western New York
    Bills, Ravens, Texans, Falcons, and Panthers come to mind as having dual colors that don't "make sense". Hell, I don't think any rams are navy blue either. Light blue Lions? An orange football helmet?

The old logo had a Dolphin wearing a helmet. It seems silly to argue against the new one because it looks silly.

33. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Oh please.....

I've been on these boards for years... years and years.

So what you are saying is that all the people that have supported and been perfectly fine with our logo as is for years are now Whiners because they don't like the downgraded logo that it's being changed to?

If we don't like it we don't like it and don't have to.
    You want to talk about whining to a professional degree?

We've suffered through countless and pathetic "change uniforms", "Change the logo", "change the mascot", "change the team colors", threads on a yearly basis on these boards. One cry fest after another. Idiots complaining because they don't like our team colors because they don't go good with Jeans. People stating we've been losing because our logo isn't scary enough. One guy on here has obsessed about a Dolphin that is a football mascot wearing a football helmet because they don't really wear helmets. Another guy obsessing that Dolphins really are not aqua in real life and they should be represented scientifically correct..... LMAO!

Ugh.... the incoherent whining has been going on for years on this.

So excuse some of us who have been positive about what we had for years not liking the change.
    We've got about 10 years worth of whining saved up in the bank to give back to those that have been complaining for years that they want change!

RevRick, MrClean and Ophinerated like this.
  34. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I don't remotely come close to loving it, but it does look better on a helmet such as in the link PhinGeneral posted, rather than flat on a page.

PSG likes this.
  35. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Dude, you completely took my post the wrong way. My point was basicalły how some people complain about every little thing the team does. The negative nancys.

I don't have an issue if someone doesn't like the new logo. We all have our opinions and I respect everyones. Ive already said countless times in this thread that when it comes to discussions like these, there will always be division. I was just having fun with the people who seem to dislike every little thing about the team.

I should have been clearer. My bad.

Coral Reefer and Ophinerated like this.
  36. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Thank you Mr. Ross.
    Thank you saving me alot of money as I won't be buying any merchandise with that piece of crap on it.........unless it starts growing on me.

37. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Almost makes it worth it.

38. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Better with an eye.
    Now get rid of the navy and we'll be moving in the right direction.
    Put the the dolphin in its proper pose too.

39. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Yeah, I love some of that old stuff.

40. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Yeah, I love some of that old stuff.