1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins Maybe Changing Players Thoughts

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I know this is early for posting this, but I was just thinking this year in Free Agency, maybe a real good year for us. Not that 2007 wasn't for us, but we will have more cap room, but more importantly, players will want to come and play for the Dolphins. With the new organization of football minded personnel, a winning season, and a coach that is good, and is serious about football and winning. In the past we were probably the second or third choice to come and visit, but now I truly believe we will be high the lists of FA's that really want to be part of a winning organization.

I am not saying we will over pay for FA's but that we will have greater interests from top to bottom.

Thanks and Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year Wayne!

2. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I agree 100%. We need to fill some holes on the roster if we plan to compete next year. It gonna be tough to get wins next year with the way the schedule is looking.

HULKFish and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  3. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Calvin Pace went for the money and he may miss his playoff bonus .Karma :pointlol:

I am sure we will be attracting a lot of good and reasonably priced FAs

PMZQ and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  4. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I know in the past players would laugh or use us to pump up there contract offers with other teams. It is just a good feeling inside to know that will be changing.:wink2:

PMZQ likes this.
  5. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    HULKFish, slickj101, cnc66 and 5 others like this.
  6. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Hopefully opposing fans will start *****ing about us the way we *****ed about the Patsies and their keen ability to sign quality veterans for less money than what the rest of the market would have paid.. I mean where would you rather play, in the sun and fun of South Florida or the bitter cold and gloom of Boston?

PMZQ and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  7. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Which makes it a good contract barganing chip for Wayne n co. It also makes it that much more important for our FO to select the right guys, who truely want to be here. We don't want to overpay a bunch of guys who dont' fit just because their available.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  8. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Thanks brother.:hi5:

9. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I think that maybe true John, but also remember, the staff looks for vet's that are hungry to win, so it may not be the top guys we are after, but team guys that will do anything to win.

10. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Brother Greg I agree, That is why I said from Top to the Bottom of the FA's in my post.:hi5: I am not for over spending at all, but finding the right hungry Vets to fit into what we are building here.

Merry Christmas!:knucks:

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  11. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I agree, which is why I don't think we go after a high profile WR in FA. I think we go after a possession WR Veteran.

Now that we're a 10 win team, we can't look towards the future anymore. We have to look forward to next year and the immediate future and in doing so you can't look to the draft to fill in positions (because let's face it. You can't rely on a rookie to step in immediately and have a significant impact on a team you hope can make a playoff push.) You need seasoned vets to warm the seat up for those rookies. And FA is the way to go for those.

12. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Great post bro. :hi5:In the draft we will be looking for the players that have the mind set, and abilities to come in and maybe not be a starter right away, but have that fire inside to become one very quickly.:wink2:

Eop05 likes this.
  13. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I'm sure that's going to be the case.
    Over the course of the season, we've heard about Parcells giving little pieces of advice to players. We've heard players like Crowder talk about how much they like to play for Sparano. Certainly, there's alot of other stuff that goes on that we as fans don't hear, but other players and their agents will be aware of.
    Then look at the difference in attitude.....Surely this has to be a good place to be.
    Any player who believes in his own abilities is going to want to be a part of a team which is legitimately on the rise.

14. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I love it. It's a brilliant system that our team is in position to setup. Blending rookies into the team will ensure lower percentage of failure with the Vets to play behind.

And the fact that we're contenders will lure these players here, and the fact that we have people who know what they're doing will lure the RIGHT players here.

I haven't been this satisfied with the direction of this team since 1996 (who would've known JJ would cripple Marino). All the pieces are falling and being put into the right places.

HULKFish and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  15. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I agree with ya FFIC.

Players will want to rock the aqua and orange :D

16. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

I agree 100%. The Dolphins have always been an attractive destination for free agents, but we have lost out on some big names in the recent past because of our organizational problems. No doubt with the Big Tuna, Ireland, and a helluva coach, we'll have a great shot at making a nice splash in free agency next year. The really good thing about this front office is that we will go after great players with great character and those great character players, IMO, will be even more attracted to an organization that is solid from top to bottom.

17. BrazForPhins

BrazForPhins From south

May 4, 2008
    the dolphins has it all.....the lower tax...the good weather...the beaches with girls.....now the Tuna......

18. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    florida has no state taxes....thats always a plus....and who wouldnt wanna play for the phins? great owner, great history oh and its friggin MIAMI BABY!!!!!

(and we are good again lol)

19. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    karlos dansby come on over
    Bryant McFadden come on over
    Oshiomogho Otogwe come on over

20. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    It will definitely help a great deal.

Hopefully players might like south beach Florida and might take a little less money to come to a team which likes being together and playing for a good passionate coach. A coach who knows how to win and believes in his players.

The Dolphins will also give everyone a chance and if you look at rookie free agents like Bess or even Carpenter, it exemplifies that. It might even attract those rookies.

21. emale2u1

emale2u1 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Maryland
    I just have one name on my wish list, Nnamdi Asomugha. He would make the biggest improvement and change the way we could play defense. He is worth whatever it takes to get him.

I am concerned that Haynesworth may get Plaxico disease once he gets his payday.

22. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    You're 100% correct. I can't wait for FA (not that I don't mind waiting till after we make a playoff run). FA will really feel like Christmas this year.

Merry Christmas man.