1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins' Joey Porter brimming with confidence

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/miami-dolphins/story/1083473.html

`
    :D;)
    :D'
    We do owe Chad P. a lot of gratitude for what he did for us this past season. Among many other contributions for which he gave to this team, he was the glue that held this new project together. ;)Thanks Chad! ;)

Man, who thought we'd be saying that?;) I still can't believe that, but thank God..:D

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Coach Shula mentioned that playing Qb in the NFL is the hardest position in all of sports, even hocky goalie.

And Dan the Man also mentioned that Chad Pennington was the reason why we went from 1-15 to 11-5...better bench him so Chad Henne can play..

And who doesn't love Joey Porter's attitude? He's right of course, and IMO he had to say it after Tubby Rex said what he said about the Jets, and I'm glad HC Sparano didn't have to say it.

Gotta keep the Tuna Father above the fray.

Sceeto likes this.
  3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Gotta love how Joey and Chad are the spokesperson's for this team, the leaders. What better people could we want leading this team as far as players go?

Also nice for JT he doesn't have to worry about being a leader, he can just focus on playing his very best.

Sceeto likes this.
  4. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    If it would of said that Joey was being humble, or shy i would of fallen out of my chair.
    hahaha
    what else is new? :)

padre31 and Sceeto like this.
  5. AquaBlitz

AquaBlitz Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    That puts a huge grin on my face, Joey Porter is the man. I gotta admit, I was questioning the signing his first year in Miami, but last seasoned squashed all those concerns. Joey Porter is the definition of "leader."

dolphindebby, TiP54 and Sceeto like this.
  6. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Another Ginn compliment, man I am excited for the season to start.

Personally I think Ayodele coming to Miami was a good one, I really like him and think he's a good starter next to Crowder. It's good to know we have great players as well as people on this team.

Sceeto likes this.
  7. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    So if you had to use one word to describe how you feel?

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Teddy Dangerous....anyone that jumped off, i will give you a hand back up if you need one.

mullingan likes this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Man, u aint kidding, absolutely perfect.

10. AquaBlitz

AquaBlitz Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Absolutely, Joey Porter is a guy that talks the talk, but more importantly he walks the walk. He is a great mentor for the young guys but also the older guys. His energy on the field can transform anyone from a average player to a monster on the next snap. Every time Joey lines up I expect him to blow through the tackle and firmly plant a red, green or silver helmet into the turf. Once Joey hits you, that clock in your head speeds up and it forces opposing quarterbacks to force throws. Throughout his career Joey has faced advertised, year after year hot shoot rookies come in and try and take his job and he always holds them off with a heart that is matched by none. Guys like Vontae Davis and Gibril Wilson will benefit having a guy like Joey wrecking havoc and terror for opposing offenses and will be able to capitalize on the opportunities presented to themselves because of that. I also can't help but wonder how Porters leadership and fire will influence a guy like Jason Taylor. Jason's returning to the team and city he's most comfortable in. He had some big years here, and fell off a bit in Washington. You could tell he wasn't happy there and his heart and mind were still in Miami. Hopefully playing on a defense with an extraordinary amount of young pieces will enthuse him and get his legs moving once again.

As for Chad, man oh man, I can't say enough about our quarterback. This guy was repeatedly kicked in the groin by Jet fans and the New York media, and even some Dolphin fans but every time he was knocked down he got back up. You know that say "another mans trash is a another mans treasure"? We struck gold with Chad Penningtin. Chad Henne and Pat White are privileged to be learn behind this man. Chad keeps the guys in check and studies film like no other. He isn't the biggest, the fastest, the smartest and he sure a heck doesn't have the strongest arm, but he is so consistent with his reads and is so cool and calm that he gets the job done. I look forward to seeing Chad Henne develop and become our franchise quarterback after Chad runs his course in Miami. I'll tell you one thing, there aren't many guys in the NFL I'd rather have mentoring our two young studs like Pennington.

Go Joey and Chad! But more importantly, Go Miami Dolphins!

11. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    That's awesome, I hope getting no respect against the Pats yet again will motivate our team to play even better than last year.

Sceeto likes this.
  12. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 Underrated Free Agent

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Joey Porter and Chad Pennington as our team leaders.

We could be doing A LOT worse folks. A LOT

mullingan likes this.
  13. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 Underrated Free Agent

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    I still to this day think Jay Fielder was a ****ing savage. Not the greatest QB but nevertheless a savage.

JT's fine in my book. Great player but was never the best leader

14. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Relieved.

15. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    JayPEEEEEEEEEZY!

Sceeto likes this.