1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins hope to slow New England Patriots’ red-hot offense

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...ns-hope-to-slow-new-england-patriots-r/nTG4s/

I think the last quote is key. If Gronk and Edelman are out, that gives us a much better chance to win. Those are the type of guys that can kill us. They still have Welker, but with those guys out, it should be easier to contain Welker. Add in our solid run D and we just may have a chance.

2. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    Even without key players, the Patriots offense is always tough to slow down. The only way to truly slow them down is to hit Brady early and often. I hope Wake is ready for this one. We need him to frustrate the hell out of Brady the way that Jason Taylor used to, just to keep it close.

Their defense has been playing much better in recent weeks. We can not shoot ourselves in the foot in this one. No drive killing penalties, dropped passes for first downs etc. If we have to punt more than once or twice in this game, we probably won't win. I state that with the assumption that we don't turn the ball over as well. Tannehill is going to have to be sharp and willing to use his legs just like the second half of last weeks game.

Sceeto likes this.
  3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    It's more than hitting Brady, you have to pressure him with your front four, if you are blitzing too much, he'll pick us apart

Sceeto likes this.
  4. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    I agree with you on that. Odrick, Soliai, Starks and Wake need to have a huge day. My hope is that when Wake gets held early, is that he starts jawing and complaining to the refs to make sure they are paying attention to his side or he just flat out beats those holds. As it stands, he is really the only one that can get to Brady as fast as will be needed. That's why I mentioned him specifically in my previous post. He needs to frustrate the hell out of Brady the way Taylor used to.

Sceeto and Bpk like this.
  5. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I had a dream...

[​IMG]

6. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Ok....we need to collect all of your posts .... and put them all together. Levity is definitely something we need more of in here!

7. patsfanNH

patsfanNH New Member

Dec 28, 2010
    OP Gronk is 100% out on sunday, Elderman I say will probably start. The bigger question is Volmer, if he plays I see the line being fine if he doesnt Brady could have a long day.

8. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    At the risk of stating the obvious, if Brady has time he will absolutely pick us apart. The key to victory is definitely putting constant pressure on him with the front four, and a clever use of different blitz packages. Coyle was doing a great job of using DB's on blitzes earlier in the season. Hoping to more of that Sunday.

9. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Whilst I totally agree with all the comments about different aspects of the Phins' D being the keys to victory, it will also really come down to Tanne. This is a huge game for him. He is going to have to make plays and lead them on scoring drives. You definitely can not beat the Pats with a low scoring close game of field goals, etc. The O is going to have to put up some points in order to win.

10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Maybe this game our defense can at least get lined up in time..