1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins: Duvervil, Dawkins endorse new Dolphins DC Mike Nolan

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...hins-duvervil-dawkins-endorse-mike-nolan.html

"Duvervil"???...c'mon Skolnick:pointlol:

That alone is a good sign.:up:
    :up:Maybe he'll come along with him...:wink2:
    Sounds good. That's something we could sure use. I think "The Bullfrog" could be used better and excel at creating more pressure at times. We'll see.:up:

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Dumervil will be a Dolphin.

dolfan7171 and Sceeto like this.
  3. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Link? :tongue2:

:escape:

dolfan7171 likes this.
  4. DolfanCole

DolfanCole Season Ticket Holder

Jan 4, 2008
    Hampton, VA
    I like Dumervil, although my most vivid memory of him was when he had his leg stomped on by Marcus Vick (not one of my Hokies finest moments). But, I'd almost prefer to see if Nolan can perform the same magic with Wake. Wake showed some great signs and we already have him on the roster.

skippysphins and dolfan7171 like this.
  5. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Oh yeah, that was him. I forgot. Well, payback's a b-otch!:pointlol:

As far Wake; I totally agree bro. I really like what he did with his lack of snaps.(I wish we gave him more and tried it earlier). I'd like to have them both and have the best of both worlds. A good coach should have enough "magic" to go around to all of his players.:up:

DolfanCole likes this.
  6. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Don't we have to give draft picks to acquire Dumervile?

7. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I think I saw that somewhere - can't confirm that though. Personally, I'd rather have the bigger, faster version of Dumervil in Cameron Wake be developed into a player than give up picks for Dumervil or someone similar.

8. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

How so?

Not when he is RFA , the cost to acquire him will be prohibitive imo ...

9. finz810

finz810 Season Ticket Holder

Send dumerville are way!

time to let JP go and idk what kind of future JT has, he played hard but def. not like his '06 year.

this teams young, time to let the young guys get to work and build experience

HYPE FOR CAM WAKE! we saw what he could do with only a limited playin time now lets see him eat the O line as a starter

10. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm glad Dawkins endoreses him. Now if he can just come on down....

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    what up sceeto,I remember more then a few folks talkin smack about getting rid of the bullfrog in favor of gibril wilson, which I personally could'nt believe.

The man had to account for bad play out of his partner back there, had to cover all asses of imo, the worst overall linebacking unit from a coverage standpoint in the league, and, 2 rookie corners...

Dont sleep on the bullfrog, and dont get it twisted, he's a true dolphin, and he aint goin nowhere imo.

Puka-head and Sceeto like this.
  12. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    What's up dude! I totally agree! Yeah, I remember a few people saying that about The Bullfrog when we got Gibril.(I not being one of them). However, for a long time now, I've been saying how we desperately need a real good FS to help cover guys like Fitz, Boldin, A. Johnson, etc, etc, etc. It used to frustrate the hell out of me when those guys would burn us and it was so obvious that the CBs were getting absolutely no support with the coverage.:cry: Especially with the way the NFL has changed over the years to support and open up the passing game. I think there will be more and more of a premium put for a good FS.

We signed Wilson and than I heard that his strength was tackling:pity: ..which was a head scratcher considering we desperately needed a cover guy. As for Wilson's tackling, his supposed strength...pssh! I've have seen better fundamental tackling from 10 year olds in Pop Warner. He cost us a few games alone, IMO, with his lousy coverage and lousy tackling.

Man, a true FS with the 1st pick is very, very tempting.

I do think that The Bullfrog could be much, much better utilized in certain pressure packages, etc. I'm really psyched to see if Nolan will indeed use him in this way. I dig me some Bullfrog!!!:knucks:

Peace!

13. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Good to hear his players backing up Nolan, can't wait to see what he can do with Cam Wake's talent.

Sceeto likes this.