1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins Draft Outlook: April's Coming

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/143211-getting-close-to-april-what-will-the-dolphins-do

For us, that could apply to NT, CB, LB(debatable), so that doesn't help narrow it down for us. ;)
    How appropriate ;) and it's true, thank God for Parcells & co. I've almost completely wiped the Wanny years from my consciousness! ...ala..
    Me too!! :D ..what felt like a million times. ;)

2. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Good post bro.
    I've got to say, however. I'm of the belief that a strong, relentless pass rush will make average CBs look above average. So, while I see a need IMO it's not as big of a priority as LB and NT. On the other hand, if a CB is the highest rated player on the board when we're on the clock, then I would want us to draft that CB.
    What I'm hoping for out of this draft is an ILB early. Someone who can be enough of a playmaker so that we don't need to cheat a safety up towards the line. Plus an OLB to help Porter. I know we've now got Wake, though. But I want a relentless pass rush.

Oh and yeah I'm with you; Parcells is a Godsend to us

Sceeto likes this.
  3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I totally agree on your points on having a relentless pass rush, which is why I've wanted English with our 1st pick for awhile now.(there are others whom I'd be happy with here as well), but like you said; if a CB like Sean Smith is still on the board at 25 then I would have to give that some serious consideration. There are some good pass rushing prospects that may be had a little later in the draft, such as Sidbury, Krueger(may go early)E. Moore, etc. so who knows. It's a tough call. Yeah, a strong, stout ILB is also a very big need to help us stop the run better. :)

4. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Apparently quite a few are pretty high on this kid:
    Jasper Brinkley - he's a big kid, sceeto. 252# ILB!!!
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ilb/Jasper-Brinkley.php

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/prospects/jasper_brinkley.html
    Strengths

Brinkley is a beast in between the tackles. He has tremendous size and is a force against the run. His size and power make it difficult for blockers to move him out of hole to open up running lanes. Brinkley shows the ability to occupy a blocker then shed when the action comes his way. He is quick in a short area and is aggressive filling the hole, and should be a fantastic run stopper in the NFL.

Sceeto likes this.
  5. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Thanks bro. He's a very intriguing prospect.
    ..as you said previously. That's exactly what we need in an ILB. Crowder can drop into coverage more when needed as I'm sure Brinkley could improve in that dept. as well, but a big run stuffer is definitely what the doctor's ordering. ;)

late again likes this.
  6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think he's a great mid round prospect and there are a few guys in the same category. That's why I don't think it would be prudent to spend our early picks on an ILB. It's just one of those positions that are regularly filled by mid round prospects.

late again and Sceeto like this.