1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins Draft History: Hits and Misses

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
  2. finattic79

finattic79 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    Juneau, Alaska
    How he could rank Henne above Ronnie Brown is really odd, Henne has yet to start a game and Ronnie has one Pro Bowl to his name already.

3. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
  4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    How are Richmond Webb, Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Surtain, or Madison not above 3-5?

How is a 6th rd pick (Reagan) also a biggest bust? That to me is like saying Abe Wright is a bust since he didn't work out as a 7th rd pick.

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    This was a very strange list to me. A guy who hasnt played a down #4 best ever?

3 of the five ALLTIME worst dolphins draftees were ... Reagan Mauia, Lorenzo Booker and Samson Satele?

What?

gunn34 and Stitches like this.
  6. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    No offense to the poster whatsoever but this article is terrible in my opinion. Most of these picks are just recent ones and the article as a whole is poorly written.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Poor article but since its here, lets discuss it. :)

I think having Ronnie Brown and Chad Henne up there is laughable. Brown is a talented player but in the franchises history, your going to tell me you couldn't come up with at least one name better than Brown that was drafted? Same goes for Henne, who hasn't done squat.

First thing I noticed looking at the busts list is that three out of the five are from Cam Cameron's draft. Ouch. Also, none of them are on the current roster.

8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    This is one of the worst articles I have ever read. It is like someone who just became a fan of the Dolphins 2 years ago.

Sammie Smith is a MUCH bigger must than Yatil Green.

9. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Sorry, but this guy doesn't know his Dolphin's history very well.

Best:
    Marino
    Dwight Stephenson
    A.J. Duhe
    Webb
    Just to name a few, or how about by year

1967:
    Bob Griese, Larry Seiple
    1968:
    Larry Czonka, Dick Anderson
    1969:
    Bill Stanfield, Bob Heinz, Mercury Morris
    1970:
    Jim Mandich, Tim Foley, Curtis Johnson, Jake Scott, Mike (Captain Krunch) Kolen
    1971:
    Otto Stowe, Joe Theisman, Vern Den Herder
    1972:
    Larry Ball, Charlie Babb
    All of these players formed the core of the Undeated Dolphin's team.

As far as bust or worst picks, how about:
    1966:
    Rick Norton #1 pick, supposed to be the second coming of Joe Namath signed for $400,000 which was a huge sum back then but never played.
    1972:
    Mike Kadish 1st round bust for the Dolphins but played elsewhere.
    1976:
    If he's going to consider Yatil Green a bust due to injury then how about 1st rounder Larry Gordon who tragically died before he could live up to his potential.
    1978:
    1st rounder Guy Benjamin
    1988:
    1st rounder Eric Kumerow
    1995:
    1st rounder Billy Milner
    2001:
    1st Rounder Jamar Fletcher
    2003:
    2nd rounder (our 1st pick that year) Eddie Moore.

If your going to label the article All Time Best and Worst you have to research your facts first.

10. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Yikes. What a terrible terrible article. Hmmm, let's take one obvious gem, and one obvious bust, and then just lump in a few guys from the past two years because those are the only players I know anything about, and then just call it a day.

This guy needs a new job.

11. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Like everybody above who probably has at least a cursory knowledge of Dolphin history, I concur that this is one of the worst lists I've ever seen.

12. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

knock um dead brother .. well done!

13. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Gordon played for 7 seasons, was a starter from the beginning of his rookie season through his final season, including the Super Bowl loss to Washington. He isn't a bust no matter how you cut it.
    I don't agree with calling someone a bust if the only reason they don't pan out is an unforseen injury. It wasn't like Yatil Green wasn't worth his draft status from a talent standpoint. No one can predict injuries consistently.

Rick Norton was probably our biggest bust ever. Just that 95% of Dolphins fans never heard of him or seen him play. He did get to play in 31 games over 4 seasons for the Dolphins and started 11, so he got a chance. It would be surprising if anyone could a high 1st round QB since then who was a bigger bust than Norton, for any team. 41% comp pct and a QB rating of 30. :sad:

14. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Man do we have an awesome history or what? It's so exciting to see us moving back towards the top!