1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins' Bill Parcells likes to find players who have something to prove

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2009/07/25/0725parcells.html

The players behind the Dolphins' 10-game turnaround in 2008 included a quarterback cut by his longtime team (Chad Pennington); a 34-year-old nose tackle (Jason Ferguson) who had suffered a season-ending injury in Week 1 of 2007; and a fullback (Lousaka Polite) who was unemployed in October but went 9-for-9 when called upon by Miami to get a yard on third or fourth down.

"If you're going through bad times and you're an old-school player that knows you have to work to get to the prize, that's the kinds of guys he likes," said Ferguson, who also played for Parcells with the New York Jets and Cowboys. "He doesn't like guys who already got it or don't feel like they have to work that hard to get it anymore.
    "He likes guys to stay hungry."

2. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    your on fire ,good read

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

That's a big part of getting the right 53, and of changing the culture.

Those type of guys fight harder, and have overcome enough adversity in their lives that they have mental strength in crunch time. When things go poorly, they believe they can still win. These guys don;t quit when behind in games, or if a team loses a few in a row during the season.

Short term losers who never give up become long term winners.

4. SargeZ33

SargeZ33 Semperfi!

Jul 24, 2009
    Fleming Island ,FL
    God, I hope this doesnt mean he will try Vick. I think out team is stacked on every position exept wide reciever. But, that could change this season because Ginn might have a breakout performance.

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

That could be called part of "the makeup", and NO Vick doesn't have ANY part of "the makeup".

6. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I would put Ricky at the top of that list as well

Don't worry, I think we have as much chance of seeing Vick lining up behind Center for the Dolphins as we do Tammy Brady or Peyton Manning

first&goal likes this.
  7. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    Two things I love in football players, they have to have Heart, and have to be hungry. Great read thanks.

dolphindebby and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  8. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I wonder why he has success wherever he goes. I really love how this team is being built and handled. It's so refereshing.

dolphindebby likes this.
  9. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Good, good read/
    Thank you.