Miami Dolphins 2009 Offseason Tracker
20 replies
I figured we could use a running tab of all of our offseason moves, with links to their main threads. I'll keep it up to date over the next 5 months.
1-18-09 Sign UFA OLB/DE Cameron Wake to a 4 year, $4.9M deal. MORE
1-18-09 Sign UFA S Ethan Kilmer (terms unknown). MORE
2-20-09 Re-Sign OT Vernon Carey to a 6 year, $42M deal. MORE
2-25-09 Re-Sign ILB Channing Crowder to a 3 year deal. ($ unknown) MORE
2-26-09 Sign UFA S Gibril Wilson to a 5 year $27.5M deal. MORE
2-26-09 Re-Sign S Yeremiah Bell to a 4 year $20M deal. MORE
2-27-09 Sign UFA OL Joe Berger to a 3 year deal. ($ unknown) MORE
3-02-09 Release DE Vonnie Holiday. MORE
3-03-09 Sign UFA C Jake Grove to a 5 year $29.5M deal. MORE
3-12-09 Sign UFA CB Eric Green (terms unknown). MORE
Mods sticky please.
I expect this list to get very long, very quickly.

Amazing Sig and Awesome Avy by gi§h
"Miamifan1354 wrote:
I expect this list to get very long, very quickly.
I agree......the fun is just starting ! :up:
"PMZQ wrote:
I agree......the fun is just starting ! :up:
Definitely. I'm hoping Jason Brown is the next name on that list.
BTW, I think you can add S Ethan Kilmer to it already.
@KevinMD4
Gibril Wilson's deal is worth 27.5M, with 16.5M over the 1st 3 years, only 8M guarnteed.
Dolphins agreed to terms with SS Gibril Wilson on a five-year, $27.5 million contract. The deal includes $8 million in guarantees.
Other teams were surprisingly slow to pursue Wilson even though he's only 27 and a difference-making hitter in the back end. He wasn't the main problem in Oakland's secondary last year and finished with more tackles than any DB in the game, although he missed his fair share too. Still, he also has ballhawking skills and came at a tremendous discount; $8M guaranteed is chump change in this market. Yeremiah Bell figures to leave in free agency now.
via rotoworld.
:)

Now I'm excited. We signed our own top free agents before the start of free agency. I didn't think there was any way all three were back, but now it's official. Now, if we can sign Brown and maybe one or two other guys in the secondary, I think we will be set up very well for the draft.
Signings in the next 24 hours (just my guesses) J. Brown, L. Coles
edit.... I was oh so wrong

Amazing Sig and Awesome Avy by gi§h
so how much money do we have to spend??
Good stuff thus far. Lets hope it stays that way.
Hey Gish, you think there is any way you could keep a running total on the salary cap that you can include on the page with that list?
By the way thanks for doing the list for us.
i dont know how much cap space we have. i dont even know how much these players cost against the cap this year. if someone else provides the info, i'll add it.
ok i found this
We’ve gotten our mitts on the current team-by-team salary figures for 2009.
But while the 2009 salary cap will be $124 million, keep in mind that some teams’ limits will go up based on “likely to be earned” incentives from 2008 that weren’t reached, and thus carry over to 2009.
Likewise, a given team’s cap limit could be reduced based on “not likely to be earned” incentives that were reached in 2008, and thus must be accounted for against the 2009 cap.
Whatever the specific limit applicable to a given team, all teams must be in compliance with it by the close of business on February 26, 2009.
The current list by team, rounded to the nearest million, appears after the jump.
Dolphins: $101 million
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/11/team-by-team-cap-numbers/#more-11223
so we have around $24million to spend
I dont recall if I read it here on another post or on kffl, but I am pretty sure the team cap was raiased from 124 to 127 mill recently.
"There is no defense against a perfect pass. I can throw the perfect pass."
#13:up:
I keep reading the salary cap is going to be $127 million in 2009? Anybody know for sure?
http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/needell/index.ssf/2009/02/nfl_salary_cap_gets_4million_b.html
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/the-salary-cap-goes-up/
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/25/salary-cap-climbs-even-higher/
"Onehondo wrote:
I keep reading the salary cap is going to be $127 million in 2009? Anybody know for sure?
http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/needell/index.ssf/2009/02/nfl_salary_cap_gets_4million_b.html
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/the-salary-cap-goes-up/
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/25/salary-cap-climbs-even-higher/
It is 127 mil.
"gi§h® wrote:
i dont know how much cap space we have. i dont even know how much these players cost against the cap this year. if someone else provides the info, i'll add it.
lazybones :no:
:tongue2:
To calculate the cap take whatever Daniel Snyder's team payroll is at the outset of Free Agency in the given year and deduct $25m.
Looks good gish, thanks.
"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl
