1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphin Free Agents in 2009

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

from that thing muck posted it looks like they're high on crowder, too.

3. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Bell and Cammarillo for sure. Carey wouldn't be bad as well. Crowder for a short term deal, he needs more to prove to be a legit starter but he's not bad either. Sometimes he looks stellar and other times he completley blows his assignments it seems

4. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    They gave Bell 1.4 mil this yr based on his 06 performance. He'll get paid by somebody, and paid well but I really hope it's us and he doesn't get sucked away by San Diego or Dallas.

5. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I'm hoping they at least franchise Carey and get a pick at least.

6. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Shame though since Carey's a pretty good OT.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  7. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I can see Crowder and Bell being back. Id like to see Goodman back as well. He's been pretty solid for us so far. Might be worth keeping around. I wouldn't mind keeping Carey around either. Im thinking he's probably going to want some bigtime cash though. So that might lead to us letting him walk.

8. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Completely depends on asking price.

IF V-Carey demands top-10 Tackle money, then yeah he is gone. If he wants a "Nice" long-term deal to finish his career where he started, I think the FO is all over it.

I also would be very very surprised if Bell isnt offered a contingency laden contract, that is IF he stays healthy, he garners some nice cash..and I think he is worth it.

Crowder hasnt done squat till his contract year.
    Once again, it will depend MUCH on what he is demanding. He does make a nice SMLB in the current 3-4, but doesnt rush the passer (Not that big a deal) and is a serious liability in pass protection.

alen1 and Regan21286 like this.
  9. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Aqua,

Shocked in that he doesn't fit the type of player along the line that the trifecta covet or that he'll surely demand high dollars on the FA market and the trifecta won't pay it to him ??

That's interesting because he's been the most consistent lineman for several years here...perhaps not great. Now the trifecta doesn't have to worry about anything but this year, he's more than holding his own so far...

10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Shame though, seems like the secondary has come alive with Goodman and Hill back in there and recovered from their injuries...

I wouldn't be shocked to see this whole group retained, other than perhaps Perry...

There is a real question about Crowder though...He's playing like he has all along, but perhaps in a better position in the D, ( I think most of us have always felt he's a better MLB than any other spot, but with Zach here, that wasn't going to happen)...but he still tends to disappear in games at times. He makes a couple of plays, and you just expect him to make more through the course of the game...been his life story here as a Fin...

11. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I think Vern Carey is gonna give us the ole home team discount and not demand top-10 tackle money. He grew up in Miami, he went to UM, and he played his whole career with the Dolphins. He's happy here and I saw his entire family sitting together in the club section at the Chargers game.

This is just a hunch, of course.

Puka-head likes this.
  12. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    You make a good point. I could definitely see him doing whatever necessary to stay in Miami such as taking less money over a long-term contract.

13. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Has Tab Perry made it on the field yet?

14. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007

No. But he's made it to IR.

15. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    COLUMN: General Manager Jeff Ireland - MiamiDolphins.com - from Jeff Ireland's Q&A. 5th question down sheds a little light on the situation with Carey; take that for what it's worth.

I personally feel Carey's weight gain has hindered him; not to mention having 5 players playing RG at some point in time over this season.

As for Satele, I vaguely remember Sparano saying he liked him, but he needs to continue to get stronger in the weight room. This was prior to the regular season; it'll be interesting to see what they do, though I have a hard time seeing him as a G in the NFL with such short arms - he was able to get away with that in the pass-happy offense at Hawaii.

16. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Bell, Crowder, Camarillo and Carey. Damn. Those are 4 solid players there and I don't think we'll be keeping all of them.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  17. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Thanks for that article it's fantastic.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  18. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    Camarillo is looking like the clear cut number one wide reciever on this team, and I would love to see him back here next year. I think Camarillo and Ginn are going to be quiete the duo next season.

Bell has impressed me a lot this year. In a secondary that's had a pretty poor year overall, Bell has had some very nice plays, and I really hope we get him back.